Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot much of a runner but I wear running shoes to the gym and study em
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13263506&mesg_id=13264106
13264106, Not much of a runner but I wear running shoes to the gym and study em
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jun-06-18 02:09 PM
Brooks Beast and its spinoff (can't recall the name) both have good support, arch support and motion control. If that is too beefy for you maybe got for the Trasncend on Adrenaline. The Dyad series used to be really good, accommodated orthotics really well and had a nice mix of cushioning and support. I gave a pair to my dad and he wore them into the ground. That was the 5 or 6, I think they are 9 or maybe 10 now so I dunno how they developed. The old Asics Gel Evolution were awesome but since discontinued, if you can find a pair they will be cheap. The Foundation is their go to for support now, it's fine but not as good IMHO. Mizuno runners are underrated IMHO, I like the Enigma series, if you want serious support/control get the Paradox. All this stuff should be relatively inexpensive online if you don't get the very most recent model.

I am not a big fan of minimalist runners but if you want something like a road flat, Mizuno Wave Universe is an incredible shoe. Probably not great for falling arches though.

If you just want cushioning and more cushioning maybe the Adidas Ultra Boost (or the firmer ST version) and the aforementioned Brooks Transcend is also a great choice. Enigma series is also well cushioned as is the Ultima series from Mizuno. I haven't tried any of those weird Roku shoes but they seem to have a lot of padding. Saucony ISO stuff is also nice, but again not much arch support.