Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat if a critical mass of players just left + created their own league??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13260189&mesg_id=13260605
13260605, What if a critical mass of players just left + created their own league??
Posted by kfine, Thu May-24-18 11:41 PM
Please go easy on me because I am not a sports girl at all (lol), but seriously.

Humor me.

What all would be involved??

Let's say.. something player and community owned.

PFL. The People's Football League.

Players own shares.. and get like microbonuses for metrics that makes sense for their position (eg. completed passes, yards rushed, tackles, etc.). And community service. And maybe a bigger bonus after x amount of years for staying with the league, even more if they stayed with the same team.

Additional funds raised/crowdsourced from the general public and ticket sales, merch, etc.

Fuck the networks and their adbuys. Streaming deals with Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, Facebook.

NO anthem. NO religious or political overtones. NO mafioso billionaires acting like everyone's daddy. Just fucking football.

I know there's so much more to it, and I'm probably way off base. But I'm confident that there are some really smart people out there that could get creative and figure out something sustainable.

How could we make this a thing??