Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThey took it back to old school horror movie days (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13252547&mesg_id=13254362
13254362, They took it back to old school horror movie days (spoilers)
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Apr-30-18 01:42 AM
Meaning, they killed the Black person (Heimdal) first to let the audience know the danger was real lol. I saw that and thought "should've known."
It was pretty funny that Thanos had Hulk too shook to come back out. My dude who loves Hulk is gonna be mad about that.
Dunno where Hawkeye was. I was hoping he would die, because I'm not a fan lol.
And gotdamn they made Thor look amazing... even brought back the old school hammer. Black Panther and the crew were having all kinds of trouble with the aliens until Thor showed up and made them all look damn near useless. Again, should've known.
I noticed Marvel is going with this idea of villains being so addicted to a cause or principle that they'll sacrifice anyone to achieve it. For Thanos, it's balance of the universe. For Killmonger, it was black liberation. While I didn't like this for Killmonger, because it aligns with a real life false narrative that's used to victimize Black people (Black Identity Extremist), I thought it was dope for Thanos and the balance idea. That's an interesting cause to pursue, and I'd like to hear more about what made him choose it in the cinematic universe.

Overall, I thought the movie was a (pretty good) setup for all that comes after it... especially the Captain Marvel movie if you stuck around for the "easter egg." This is the kind of movie where I wish I could watch it and its sequel at the same time, so I can't say "omg it was great" because I know there was no real closure, and I'm still waiting to see how it all ends. Now we have to wait until this time next year to see pt 2, which will seem like forever to some, but at least it's not the 2 years we had to wait from CA: Civil War to now.