Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI feel like the jokey is what they needs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13252547&mesg_id=13252702
13252702, I feel like the jokey is what they needs
Posted by BigReg, Tue Apr-24-18 10:47 AM

He’s a much better comedian than brooding superhero they had him play in the first two solo movies. I think they figured out that in the Avengers they usually used him for comedy so might as well play up that strength in the movie.

Although you can make an argument that they also gave Thor 3 much more freedom to be’ comic book’ dealing in space and mystical places and not having to spend so much screen time on earth.

The first two movies definitely suffered cause of the mandatory check ins with his boo Natalie Portman…who they wrote out completely like she never existed in the third movie. What’s funny is you could tell she didn’t even want to be in the movies herself; what actor wants to be in a marvel movie where all they are is boring and normal?

Thor works best when he’s in crazy space wars/beef mode in the comics and I think that’s why Thor 3 worked more than the other movies even if they slathered too much comedy (although I loved it)