Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's fine to do that after you've bought something, but dude
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13250599&mesg_id=13250965
13250965, It's fine to do that after you've bought something, but dude
Posted by Jon, Tue Apr-17-18 12:04 AM
This isn't like one or two coffee shops...this is most coffee shops and similar establishments that I've been to.

As you alluded, maybe different parts of the country are different. I'm from New England. Using a place of business for their space and wifi without patronizing them does not fly...unless its crowded and they don't notice you, which I'm sure some ppl frequently take advantage of.

I will try to use bathrooms without buying something if it's a major chain (I feel like an ass doing that at a mom and pop place). Success with chains depends on the location, even within the same company. For instance, Dunkin Donuts bear my job, it's easy...Starbucks by the cinema I saw TFA at, no prob. Dunkin Donuts by my sister's storage unit, not allowed, nor is the D&D or Starbucks by the place I used to work in downtown Boston. I remember being pissed because I had to go, had no money, and couldn't find anywhere on that block who'd let me use a bathroom. Too busy.