Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectits pretty normal for coffee shops etc to have a policy like that tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13250599&mesg_id=13250957
13250957, its pretty normal for coffee shops etc to have a policy like that tho
Posted by Jon, Mon Apr-16-18 11:15 PM
I feel like I must be missing a detail in this particular story, I have admittedly only skimmed, so please fix any blanks but...

When i go into a coffee shop or similar place of business, I generally expect to be asked to leave if I don't buy anything, and I've been denied use of the bathroom plenty of times...especially in the city, but it happens often in the suburbs as well (which i think is often super petty on their part, leading to many rants after I've left, but its commonplace, and its their perogative).

And truthfully, while I think the bathroom rule is often foolish (depending much more on the physical location of the store than the brand name), I find it universally tacky as fuck to camp out in someone's shop without buying something.

Every time I've been denied a bathroom without being a customer or asked to buy something or leave, I've complied (either leaving or buying something -- these policies are such a ubiquitous and expected part of life in America and elsewhere...sometimes you get lucky and they don't care).

I need clarification: Did the staff/manager secretly call the cops without ever first asking them to buy something or leave? When the cops came, were they given a chance to choose? Or did they think they were fine, looked up, and suddenly some cops were randomly cuffing them? Did they buy something and I'm here thinking this is a story about dudes who didnt?