Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've Never Been A Big Fan Of "Illmatic"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13249645&mesg_id=13250984
13250984, I've Never Been A Big Fan Of "Illmatic"
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Apr-17-18 02:22 AM
Like I've said almost everyone deemed it a classic so of course most people going to just agree and not be critical about it but to me that album was lacking, first of all I've heard some the songs they left off the album when it got leaked before it dropped which why I think I can never really enjoy it the way everyone else suppose to cause I always be wanting the other songs to be on there.

Anyway, I think it's just so short, putting "Halftime" on it was cool as a gimmick (yeah yeah you're already halfway thru the album, let's remind them with a two year old song off the Zebrahead soundtrack titled "Halftime) which would be cool if the album was longer; and "One Time 4 Your Mind" which I like the beat but it didn't fit the rhyme to me, I usually skip this song or bear with it until the next song comes on cause I still listen to the cassette sometimes; "Represent" is another song that I feel is decent could've been better but the beat is dope though.