Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"Pain In Full" Had Two Flaws That's Why
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13249645&mesg_id=13250681
13250681, "Pain In Full" Had Two Flaws That's Why
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Sun Apr-15-18 07:58 PM
Those two Eric B. solo cuts is what really hurt "Paid In Full" yes it's classic so is a ton of hip-hop albums from that era but many people all agreed that "Eric B On The Cut" & "Chinese Arithmetic" wasn't good.

Of course Rakim is one of the greatest emcees and I agree, every song except those two Eric B. songs are classic in my book, I've listened to them a million times, you won't get no argument from me on that, it's just those two songs stick out like a sore thump which people seem to forget is even on the album, this is always a good example of almost flawless album with at least one wack song.

I understand that many albums back then that sported the DJ first always had a Dj song on it but Eric B. wasn't that good of a DJ and it showed, even the "Extended Beat" basically the instrumental of "Move The Crowd" was still better to listen to than Eric B.'s two songs, if I had to take listen to one of the two songs, I say "Eric B On The Cut" is bearable...barely.

I know plenty of people who say, just skip those tracks, and many do ignore it, and skip it, but back before cds, you couldn't just skip a song on cassette you had to either let it ride, fast foward, or make a copy without those two songs on them.