Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMore studio crime
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13244618
13244618, More studio crime
Posted by c71, Thu Mar-22-18 03:21 PM
Remember I told y'all studio's aren't really that safe a place?

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12982945&mesg_id=12982945&listing_type=search#12983015

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/love-and-hip-hop-star-a1-and-yung-berg-reportedly-robbed-at-gunpoint-news.46244.html

Yung Berg & A1 Reportedly Robbed At Gunpoint During Instagram Live Session

By Mitch Findlay

March 22, 2018 10:14 2.5K Views

The incident was briefly captured on Instagram Live.

A tense and harrowing moment was briefly captured on Instagram Live last night. As it happened, Yung Berg and "Love And Hip-Hop's" A1 were in the middle of a streaming session when they were reportedly robbed at gunpoint by an unidentified assailant. The clip is mere seconds longs, and features a voice saying "put the camera down, put the camera down," an order which A1 quickly complies. Eventually, the Live session continues, and a stressed sounding A1 can be heard recounting the incident. "I don't know, my n***a," he says, "did he hit you with the gun?"

He then proceeds to unleash upon security. "Bro, y’all ain’t see sh*t, my n***a? Y’all ain’t see two n***s run in here with a gun, my n***s. How the f*ck y’all letting muhfuckas run in?” Apparently, the robbers took off with money and jewelry, and while the anger of the violation may sting, at least the situation didn't escalate. After fans witnessed the whole thing go down, they quickly got in touch with Lyrica Anderson, A1's wife (although they're currently separated).

Anderson proceeded to express concern over what went down, taking to Twitter to address the robbery. She firmly shot down all notions of "clout chasing", which some fans had the audacity to suggest. Check out her Twitter rant below.
13244630, never post pics or vid of my lab
Posted by PG, Thu Mar-22-18 03:33 PM
not that anybody would really be paying attention if I did... once in a blue moon I might snap a pic of an instrument or some gear but it's rare.
13244646, This was a serious concern for me back in the day (late 90's)
Posted by J_Stew, Thu Mar-22-18 03:50 PM
my home set-up was probably worth a modest 25-30k (I was caking at work) and that's a huge come-up for someone who just wants to rob you or wants to make music and cut out the middleman. I would only fuck with a few people who knew about me and what would happen to them if they got caught slipping.

Now I'm so happy I can get everything done with a laptop, DAW, and controller.
13244632, help me understand this...
Posted by double negative, Thu Mar-22-18 03:35 PM
how are studios not a safe place?

considering the amount of very high end equipment stored in one place - why the lax security and control?
13244633, inside job
Posted by tomjohn29, Thu Mar-22-18 03:35 PM
13244648, Berg gotta stop wearing jewelry.
Posted by PROMO, Thu Mar-22-18 03:56 PM
Like, he actually seems like a nice guy. Talented and has made a heck of a career post-being-a-rapper as a producer and writer.

But man, you're old enough that you should be secure in your status and talent and not need to floss and that goes double considering your history.
13244661, Dude should be wearing fake jewelry
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Mar-22-18 04:44 PM
13244662, Dude can't catch a break smh. Endless Ls
Posted by mikediggz, Thu Mar-22-18 04:46 PM
13244656, RE: More studio crime
Posted by double 0, Thu Mar-22-18 04:17 PM
Unfortunately

according to your previous posts we know those were all inside jobs... no one just spotted Pac and we know who ran up on 50 in the Hit factory..

LA studios are known spots/addresses ... none of them are secrets (except for a few) so running up in one isnt THAT hard..

These dudes are not there to steal equipment anyway (they know who NOT to fuck with)
13313734, Studios definitely seem like a real
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Feb-14-19 01:47 PM
"I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in with me" situation if you're plotting to rob someone. It's a small enough space, neutral, kind of hidden away, would be harder for someone else to get to. Assuming you're already trusted enough by this person to be in their inner circle where they'll let you come to the studio with them, it's the perfect setting for a robbery.

It sucks because I always love hearing stories about the magic that can happen in an open studio or artists specifically wanting to record in THIS studio for THAT significant reason. But if you're big enough, it doesn't really make sense to not just have a home studio you never leave.
13244740, Yasin warned cats about this....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Fri Mar-23-18 05:44 AM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13244752, "GOT ... This is how you get GOT"
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Fri Mar-23-18 06:44 AM
13313605, Rich the Kid Involved in Robbery at Studio Where Usher Was Recording
Posted by c71, Wed Feb-13-19 05:17 PM
https://www.okayplayer.com/news/rich-the-kid-and-usher-involved-in-armed-robbery-at-recording-studio.html

Rich the Kid Involved in Armed Robbery at Studio Where Usher Was Recording

POSTED BY IVIE ANI

The Atlanta rapper was reportedly robbed in West Hollywood.
Rich the Kid was robbed, assaulted and shot at outside a West Hollywood recording studio on Tuesday (Feb. 12) afternoon, according to a report in TMZ.

Roger reportedly told police three men confronted him and his peers in the alley behind Westlake Recording Studio in West Hollywood around 3 p.m. PST and “demanded their money and jewelry.”

A local sheriff’s report states that no one was hospitalized, but the rapper, born Dimitri Roger, and two associates were treated at the scene for minor injuries.

READ: California Rapper Shot Dead By Six Police Officers At Taco Bell Drive-Thru

TMZ reported, Usher was in the studio during the time of the incident, but was not involved.

All the suspects got into a vehicle and drove away, westbound from the location. As the suspects drove away, a shooting occurred by an unknown male suspect. The shooting suspect has not been located or identified,” the police report states.

According to TMZ, possibly as many as 10 shots were fired “and at least one bodyguard was badly pistol whipped.”

Rich the kid was believed to be the target of the robbery.

In June of 2018, he was involved in a violent home invasion that left him and his girlfriend hospitalized.
13313606, The post that sparked the studio crime extravaganza
Posted by c71, Wed Feb-13-19 05:18 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12982945&mesg_id=12982945&listing_type=search
13313638, That story got weird as shit.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Feb-13-19 07:22 PM
13313654, Yea I forgot all about this shit. Insane.
Posted by Brew, Wed Feb-13-19 10:55 PM
13313743, this was a little different (video)
Posted by Boogiedwn, Thu Feb-14-19 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQTmtomoUM

13313832, RE: this was a little different (video)
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Feb-14-19 06:14 PM
I got super nauseous when they carried Fresh out. Seems like the police just shrugged this whole thing off.
13313691, Flashing all of yo rocks...
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Feb-14-19 12:17 PM