Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUgh. It's especially annoying because none of this mattered for anything.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13242538&mesg_id=13312266
13312266, Ugh. It's especially annoying because none of this mattered for anything.
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Feb-06-19 05:34 PM
People will spin this as if she was going around looking for affirmative action. But from what I understand in both these cases the identity is just for institutional bookkeeping and wasn't even filled out until after the fact (that is, after she was hired by Harvard, and after she was admitted to the Bar).

It sounds like both of these cases were just her playing out some family legend that she liked. A lot of people *think* they have native ancestry, and a lot of people exaggerate what little they have. I smh that someone as smart as her would go so far as to flatly call herself "American Indian," though. That's approaching Dolezal level.

Obviously she wasn't planning to enter politics. As much as I like the idea of an academic in the Presidency, I didn't see how she would overcome this when it was just the one case. By now I think it's time for her to figure out who else to endorse, and start angling for Treasury Sec, Fed Chair, CFPB chair, or something like that.