Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: we don’t challenge men we respect...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13235168&mesg_id=13236492
13236492, RE: we don’t challenge men we respect...
Posted by Selah, Thu Feb-22-18 12:19 PM
*its crazy how we can still do gender warz with like 2 or 3 actual (?) women left*

my observation (pre-this post)

women, when running hot (read: are feeling you) they will give you aburd levels of the benefit of the doubt and tolerate a WHOLE lotta foolishness. all that ride-or-die, us against the world bonnie and clyde, TRY-to-be-your-superwoman (this steeze here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0P94wyBYk)

to me, there is nothing a purely beautiful in nature as a woman in love

BUT...

if she turns on you. its your worst nightmare.

you will get one of three options:
1. she will leave and burn it all to the ground on the way out (thin line between love and hate). this is what produces the fruit exemplified by infinite "woman scorned" tales like Waiting to Exhale (Angela Basset burning up clothes and cars in lingerie) or You Better Think (Aretha in Blues Brothers)
2. she will stay, but not give you more than one iota of the bare minimum of her anything - until she finds a better option and bounces or fed up enough that option one kicks in (she'll keep you around for whatever value you might have - no need to be alone or broke, but applications are officially being taken)
3. she will leave with the blood-oath-to-self commitment to make the rest of your days a living hell because "you ain't @#$%^&" (despite the fact that she actually WAS with you for whatever period - this is always explained as having been tricked)

>**sips tea**

I pondered this (the respect thing) on yesterday, because on some level it resonated

so decided to do a little polling

i explained this post and then asked six different women (across age groups from early 20s to early 70s) if what was said above (the respect thing as it relates to challenge) was true, and

*EVERY* *LAST* *ONE* agreed

scientific? no
enough of a sample size to declare as true? no

but telling nonetheless (to me anyway, based on the level of respect I have relative to those I asked))

fellas, we would learn a quite a bit about women if we listened to them a little more

now every woman is different (so there is no "all women..." anything), but when a bunch say something ya might wanna give it some credence - if for no other reason than the IDEA is in the air and is feeding your context