Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPi Squared, Transfer Row and the Four Horseman
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13234574&mesg_id=13234910
13234910, Pi Squared, Transfer Row and the Four Horseman
Posted by bigkarma, Thu Feb-15-18 11:57 AM
In high school, seniors ate lunch on the cafetorium stage. My clique was the Black preppies; Black kids who were in the gifted program, AP classes, college bound...etc., and weren't nerdy. One day one of the jocks was sitting with us, kicking it, and one of his boys came over and , said, "Gerald, what the hell you doin' sitting over there with the Pi Squared Club?" The name stuck, and we started referring to ourselves that way.

My freshman year at FAMU was perhaps too fun. I became a raging pothead and party guy. After a first semester of a .25 GPA, I was in danger of losing my academic scholarship. The second semester was heading in the same direction, so I decided to transfer the next year before i got kicked out. I contacted my Plan B school from high school, and told them I had decided to take a gap year post high school and was my acceptance still valid. The said it was, so I preceded to drop all my classes at FAMU and spent the whole semester under the radar, still living in the dorms and partying my ass off. I fell in with a crew of cats, who for some reason or another had all decided to follow my lead and transfer. Transfer Row was formed. So while most of the dudes in my dorm were headed to classes and seminars, the gentleman of Transfer Row were smoking weed and playing frisbee on the lawn of the School of Business building.

After transferring, and getting my act together academically, I eventually pledged Alpha Phi Alpha. Among my chapter brothers were my roommate, my best friend from high school, and a frat brother who had grown up in my hometown, and became a great friend. Together we were the Four Horseman, dubbed that because we were always together and were similar in personality to the great Four Horseman clique from WCW pro wrestling.