Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNatives Not Savages, Ses-Phi-Hi, & The Track-Agents
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13234574&mesg_id=13234787
13234787, Natives Not Savages, Ses-Phi-Hi, & The Track-Agents
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Wed Feb-14-18 07:16 PM
When I was in HS me and two other friends part of a rap group called Natives Not Savages, we weren't making our own beats but I was just looping up beats or 2 or 8 bars beats on some pause mixtape style.

Then when I got to college I teamed up with a crew (made up of 9 rappers) who already had a name, Ses-Phi-Hi, they use to battle each other, and one day I battled one of their members and basically kicked him out of the group, then a year later a few members dropped out except three and then we added two more.

Years later my best friend who made beats and rhymed, he met up with another kat, and we started offering to produce for other rappers who didn't have good productions and called ourselves Track-Agents (similar to Trackmasters), and then we added another producer and two other rappers to the group.

But like all groups & all three I mentioned above we all eventually went our separate ways as we moved back to our hometowns, one of my HS friends got killed, the other went to the military, most of my college friends graduated and stopped rhyming, one help's his father out at his African import store, one I don't even know what happened to him, as far as my best friend he still makes beats & rhymes but is bi-polar and has a habit of buying equipment and then pawning it a month later, over the years he has had everything from SP-1200, MPC 2000, Dr. Rhythm, ASR-10, Esoniq EPS, Yamaha SU700, Triton LE1, and multiple 4tracks, 8Tracks, and mics, delays/reverb boxes, and even a few DAW packages too; all of them gone and I don't even remember some equipment he had for only a few weeks.

Anyway it's just me, him, & one kat from Brooklyn who rhymes I usually work with, who now lives in Philly.