Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I am glad him and Chappelle are working at the same time.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13234490&mesg_id=13235407
13235407, RE: I am glad him and Chappelle are working at the same time.
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Feb-18-18 09:20 AM
I NEVER think Dave is doing things randomly. I assume it is part of his act to make things appear random only to tie them in at some point later.

But I love em both. I'm glad that both of their brands fall into the 'I'm big enough to do this the way I want to' story. We all know they are still following certain rules but their presentations suggest 'boldness'. This Netlix model of getting the money upfront affords a lot of the boldness. This is of course great for us. We need more 'real talk'. We need more 'wait, that wasn't really a joke'.

I invite it all..especially now that I'm getting old. I'm trying to do right by my blessings (great wife, parents alive, a solid set of friends from several eras of my life, OKP!, love of music, high speed internet and wifi), find/save some more money, decide where I even want to fit in on this office job/corporate (bull)shit, and not die of some avoidable ailment before I get a chance to get super old and pass down what I 'figured out' to younger folks so they don't have to waste up spiritual, mental, and emotional energy on shit that ultimately doesn't matter.

>They are such a good contrast. Chris Rock is a Classic
>Comedian working with setups and punchlines and it feels very
>much like he is doing standup (nothing wrong with that).
>
>Dave Chappelles like a Comedian's Comedian and it just feels
>like a funny person on stage talking about the random shit
>that pops into his head and telling funny stories.
>
>You can see that Chris Rock puts in a little more work to
>refine his jokes. DC's stuff seems more spontaneous.
>
>I can't pick a favorite between the two (well, its probably DC
>by a hair) just glad they both doing their thing at the top of
>the game.
>
>
>**********
>"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then
>they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson
>
>"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"