Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAs a self-appointed God of Spotify...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13233780&mesg_id=13234086
13234086, As a self-appointed God of Spotify...
Posted by PROMO, Tue Feb-13-18 02:26 AM
>1) What is your primary source of music? Do you use a
>streaming app, multiple streaming apps? Still rocking a
>personal library? Still doing CDs? Cassettes?

Spotify primarily, Soundcloud to put me on to newer and more obscure stuff. I still buy vinyl which really only gets spun on my home system.

>2) Do you usually listen to playlists? Are they based on an
>artist/ several artists or more of a mood? Are they playlists
>you made, where you individually picked out all the songs on
>the playlist? Do you prefer to listen to music in blocks of
>similar songs, gangsta rap hour, new jack swing, late 90's boy
>bands, etc or shuffle and mix it up as much as possible?

I mostly listen to playlists. I ONLY listen to playlists I create, never Spotify produced ones. I don't have any artist-based playlist. They are all either based on genre or some other commonality (like, I have a DJ Premier playlist and an Alchemist playlist, etc).

>3) Do you listen to whole albums often? Mostly new or older?

As I'm usually listening to playlists, I'm not peeping full albums as much but when I am it's mostly older stuff simply because newer music doesn't have as many quality albums.

>4) How do you discover new music?

I use Spotify and Soundcloud. I listen to almost everything that comes out on SpotifIy's New Releases list. If I find something I like from an artist I haven't heard before, then I even look at the related artists to see if there's new stuff there. I also follow alot of key new music accounts on Soundcloud, so it's easy to find new songs by simply scrolling my Soundcloud timeline. I also follow a lot of music sites and blogs on Twitter so I see stuff there. I have friends that are as into music as I am and put me on to stuff.

>5) What's your primary hardware set up for music? Phone and
>earbuds/headphones? Car? Home stereo set up? Bluetooth
>speakers? Internal phone speaker?

My primary set-up is my phone. I have bluetooth earbuds if I'm laying the bed and want to hear music. We have a bluetooth speaker in our bathroom and my stereo receiver in the living room has bluetooth. I have bluetooth audio in my car so having my phone is pretty much all I need. I also keep my laptop next to where I sit at home so I always have that for audio and then sometimes I connect YouTube to the XBox and we peep videos or whatever.