Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGood post...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13233780&mesg_id=13234008
13234008, Good post...
Posted by auragin_boi, Mon Feb-12-18 05:36 PM
>1) What is your primary source of music? Do you use a
>streaming app, multiple streaming apps? Still rocking a
>personal library? Still doing CDs? Cassettes?

Personal library (MP3's), youtube. I'm avoiding streaming for now but I may join the revolution within a yr. I'm an 'all access' type so I'd pay for the premium stuff. As I can get particular, not sure it's worth it to have an app/service algorithm me taste friendly songs though. But I'm going to try it. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

>2) Do you usually listen to playlists? Are they based on an
>artist/ several artists or more of a mood? Are they playlists
>you made, where you individually picked out all the songs on
>the playlist? Do you prefer to listen to music in blocks of
>similar songs, gangsta rap hour, new jack swing, late 90's boy
>bands, etc or shuffle and mix it up as much as possible?

I have various playlist, I cultivate, based on mood, intent, etc.
High energy, kids, dance/edm/house, R&B, Neo-R&B, Artist hits, EP an album with a leak that didn't include songs that made the official release...and when I get bored of the playlist, I delete them and replace. Sometimes I want similar vibes, sometimes I want to be surprised by the order so I'll throw a bunch in a playlist and hit random.

>3) Do you listen to whole albums often? Mostly new or older?

New releases from artist I'm interested in...yes, I'll digest an album. SOME classic stuff I'll revist (I can listen to D.O.C. No One Can Do It Better any time and never get bored of the ablum). I try not to be the 'back in my day/the 90s were the bestest' dude. My taste has evolved while keeping core tastes as well.

>4) How do you discover new music?

Variety of ways, Youtube, Itunes (yeah I know but Ipods), songs I hear on TV (Commercials, movies, tv shows...I've discovered a few Gems, both old and new just off this), radio (sometimes I'll check in during my commute), websites (OKP, artists sites, datpiff, etc), mixes (no particular DJ's, just anything I happen on where I might hear a new song I like), my kids (they sing stuff I might not have heard of)...I try to absorb from all sources.

>5) What's your primary hardware set up for music? Phone and
>earbuds/headphones? Car? Home stereo set up? Bluetooth
>speakers? Internal phone speaker?

My studio set up is always my first choice as I'm attentively listening to the entire production there. But my home audio set up (subwoofer, sound bar, surround sound), home assistants, dock stations, headphones (sennheisers) and in the whip give me decent sound for anything I want to hear. I BT or USB connect almost anywhere if I want to listen.