Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWord
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13233780&mesg_id=13233828
13233828, Word
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Feb-12-18 12:36 PM
>do you refine the playlist a lot? meaning do you
>remove songs from it often or just keep adding
>new songs? how current is it?

I refine it maybe like every month or two. Occasionally I'll discover a lot of music at once, and it'll get really large or get refined a few weeks in a row. The most current stuff on it now are songs from Planet Asia's album he dropped in January and NERD's latest.

>>By living I guess lol. Youtube, Amazon, Bandcamp, Soundcloud,
>>TV shows, movies, Shazam, etc etc. There's music everywhere
>>if you're listening.
>

>do you seek out the new music or you get a suggestion
>on youtube or where and check it out? i usually only
>go on soundcloud when i come across an article that
>such and such artists has a new song or a post on here

Yeah sometimes it's youtube suggestions or an email from Bandcamp (those bandcamp follows are the business). I discovered a folksy artist named Julie Byrne recently on youtube just by typing in "relaxing" or something like that. Discovered a few actually, but I only stuck with a couple of songs by her. As you stated, sometimes I discover stuff on Soundcloud from articles, but then it continues playing songs from other artists. I discover a LOT of music like that. No Suh Foster (Hip Hop) being the most recent. Other times I'll find out about artists or albums from clicking on hella albums on Amazon. That's how I found out LeToya Luckett had a new album out of all places. I also discovered both Margaret Glaspy (light rock) and The Black Opera (Hip Hop) that way. Sometimes I'll just be in the mood to find new music, and I'll go for it somewhere. Probably tedious to most, but it's like stress relief to me lol.