Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTo feed your Timberlake Hate. My FB friend did a reminder.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13231697&mesg_id=13232709
13232709, To feed your Timberlake Hate. My FB friend did a reminder.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-07-18 10:08 AM
Ok look, some of you might think I'm being dramatic about #JusticeForJanet. If so, I would ask that you go back and watch the interview Justin Timberlake gave on Entertainment Tonight not long after the infamous 2004 Super Bowl halftime show (below @6:10).

Watch as this little of raggedy pantomimes clutching his pearls and comes back TWICE to reiterate how "appalled" and "embarrassed" he was to see part of a Black woman's breast after personally ripping the clothes off her breast, corresponding exactly to the lyrics in his own song. Check out the terrible acting when he pretends he's too innocent to say the word "brassiere" without blushing. Notice how he goes out of his way to call the event a "stunt" (not an accident) that HE did not want to participate in and that HE had no idea would happen, leaving plenty of room to infer that SHE did.

Watch and listen, because this is the same smarmy, self-serving, slut-shaming misogyny that says:
- a woman who dresses provocatively is to blame for her sexual assault
- a woman who shares nude photos is at fault if those photos are made public against her will
- Kim Kardashian is a worthless whore but Hugh Hefner is an icon
- men skillful enough to become multimillionaires in their fields are still too hapless and naive to understand what is/isn't sexually appropriate
- if you're a rich, famous man (especially if you're White) you can grab women by the p*ssy or anywhere else (especially if they're non-White) because ultimately everyone will forgive you and not her.

If #TimesUp for real and #BlackLivesMatter then it's not enough just to call out violent rapists and the Klan. We need to tear down the entire culture that protects weak-ass, entitled men who deliberately weaponize their privilege so that they won't ever have to face up to their wrongdoing or inadequacies.* And we need to speak up for the women and people of color whose lives and careers are ruined as a result.

In conclusion: F*ck. Justin. Timberlake.

*Sound like anyone else we know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq1j6I4oL5g

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"