Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti just met with several board members
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13231436&mesg_id=13232763
13232763, i just met with several board members
Posted by KiloMcG, Wed Feb-07-18 11:40 AM
and while the overall outcome of the situation is not going to change, i do feel better about it i guess. i have full support of each and every board member and it was presented as a organizational sustainability issue, and certainly nothing personal or reflective of my performance (even though in some regards, i do still at my core feel like the new leadership has something in mind regarding the future that apparently doesn't involve me being a part of it). it still hurts, and i still think the way it went down is/was shitty, but knowing that every board member is in support of me and some are even actively exploring how to keep me connected to the community in some capacity. that's good to know. i didn't have any doubt about that really, but it's nice to hear it confirmed.

i hate this shit, though. hate it. i have invested so much of myself into the organization and believe in it so much because the children/students we serve and this community need our support so badly. i'm being forced out of the greatest working team i've ever been a part of and likely ever will. we truly operate like a family, and i am going to miss working with and leading them more than i can even imagine. i don't think it's the end of the road for all of us together, though. the connections and the mutual respect among us are too strong and i really think that the future will bring us back together in some capacity.

i have one more week to wrap some things up here and then it's time to make moves onward and upward.

and i know yall don't really care about reading all of this Haha, but it helps me process the situation, so thank you to those that did read.