Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectall sort of music had tons of homophobia
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13227936&mesg_id=13228916
13228916, all sort of music had tons of homophobia
Posted by mista k5, Wed Jan-24-18 10:20 AM
im sure theres still some, but no one really batted an eye until the early 2000s

even backpack rappers had tons of homophobia. the amount of cringe will vary and who knows as more time passes how they will settle. good to see culture as a whole moving towards more acceptability (alt-right withstanding).

for me i mostly will enjoy a song that has a line or two in there but sometimes that line will get me. part of music and rap is pushing what makes you comfortable.

i ride hard for de la and love oooh even with the "work hard like wetbacks" line. you can tell when lyrics are in there for humor or impact and not really from a bad place.

thats why i find it so odd that jews are so off limits. any line that mentions a stereotype or could be looked at as negative gets so much blowback. not sure what makes them untouchable.

im sure 10 years from now more songs will be on this list for me. i wonder if there will be some songs that i just cant listen to in 10 years.