Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRight.I was wondering,where would a campus even fit in DC? lol. But
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13226781&mesg_id=13227110
13227110, Right.I was wondering,where would a campus even fit in DC? lol. But
Posted by kfine, Thu Jan-18-18 11:07 PM
I feel like if they went Montgomery County for DMV,

Silver Spring or Bethesda would be more of a draw because the Purple Line would enable folks living in PG County to get to the HQ easily, too. The Purple Line won't connect to Rockville (though, I guess it'd be a super quick transfer from Bethesda)

But honestly, knowing that the Discovery campus is about to be vacant?? DT Silver Spring would probably be the best possible spot they could choose to put a flagship in the whole county, since Bethesda's as crowded as DC.

With DT Silver Spring they'd get contiguity to DC, insane amount of dining/leisure/community/wellness/festivals in surrounding streets, insane amount of brand new apartment buildings/condos that just went up in neighboring streets, THREE different rail systems converging at that location (WMATA, MARC, and soon Purple Line) which would connect people from neighboring counties like PG, Frederick plus DC proper and VA.

And I love Rockville. But just seems they're going for more of a bustling urban vibe.