Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat would happen if Trump went full N-word?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13225502&mesg_id=13225502
13225502, What would happen if Trump went full N-word?
Posted by BigReg, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
(which, hrm I give him 50/50 chance of getting caught having said so before the end of his term)

Here’s the thing: no matter how overtly racist we notice this motherfucker is, at the end of the day he’a still margarine/splenda racist enough to pass America’s “We are still good and fair people” test.

When he still dances around the ring, Ryan can still say the language was “unfortunate”, his base can still feel like he’s “Telling it as it is” while feeling they are the marginalized ones and arent racist because it doesnt exist anymore.

What would happen if he tips the point over to where your mainstreet American can’t just use the discognative dissonance that helped em deal with the post Jim Crow era? At the end of the day bad shit happens because ultimately people are able to reason with themselves they are good people. (ie, that black guy DID look shifty, that middle eastern dude lingered long enough at the buffet to plant a bomb, I play COD, I know)

If he went full David Duke, would America come to its senses?

Poll question: What would happen if Trump went full N-word?

Poll result (33 votes)
Same old. The base would eat it up, we would get mad, then move onto the next outrage (29 votes)Vote
Republicans would start to distance themselves because crossing over to explicit racism is bad for branding (4 votes)Vote