Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhen I think of "Emotion"...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13225369&mesg_id=13225415
13225415, When I think of "Emotion"...
Posted by RaphaelSoulLee, Fri Jan-12-18 11:08 AM
I think of it not so much in the sense of which you're ascribing, I think of my father-in-law who is fiery emotional and very much so in the vain of, "I'M GOING TO CLAP BACK AT WHOMEVER, WHENEVER." Yes, he has the years of seasoning to know right from wrong, like he said, "When I turned 50, I realized I couldn't whoop everybody's @$$ anymore." So, it took that reality (age) for him to settle down, but it didn't change his desire to be as "matter of fact" as he could be, to assert his "dominance".

Having said this...he's uber-emotional and because he still (at 67) has issues navigating his "sensitive" side he has peculiar ways of dealing with them, especially when he can't get his way.

Me..I'm sensitive (and cordial...and pretty well-read on situations...last to speak), but I'm also hard to read (poker game skrong). From where I sit, and this is solely my opinion, you're looking for a dude to engage that "sensitive". Pardon if I misspoke. Enjoy the weekend :).