Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectman shit, i was terrified
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13224890&mesg_id=13225073
13225073, man shit, i was terrified
Posted by GROOVEPHI, Thu Jan-11-18 11:03 AM
there was this one jawn i had a major crush on in HS. she was a grade behind me. she was in the same class as a dude that rode my bus, so one day (the LAST DAY OF FUCKING SCHOOL), i asked him to get her number for me, bc i was scared to speak to her. LOL. When he got on the bus he told me she said 'fuck no' and that she didn't know who I was.

the next school year, i started seeing her at the public library after school and found out that she was in the jazz band and would go to the library to study after band practice.

my dumb ass was ever so scared to even speak to her. i would just stare at her like a weirdo. smh.

my homeboy was in the jazz band too and eventually he started popping up at the library too. i'd see him with all the band geeks at this one table, joking and shit. i'd be sitting by my lone self pretending to read a book.

one day he came over to me and was like 'you want her number?"
i was like 'who? her? Naw mannn" A few weeks later they were a couple and shit. they went to the prom and all that shit.

I eventually stopped crushing on her. And that was around the time she started speaking to me. I was surprised she even knew who I was, but by that time I didn't even care anymore.

I didn't become confident to really holla at girls until after I graduated from high school. Granted, i hollered at a few in 12th grade, but there was always that pressure of trying to be cool, hollering at girls in front of people just bc they pumped you up, etc. Once i got out of high school, shit was simple, especially in college.

once i was in college shit was easy. Most of the girls in my class liked me because I was smart and wore mad Polo shit. There were a few that were out of my league but for the most part, all I had to do was be myself.