Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWas a lil shook when I was younger 12-14
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13224890&mesg_id=13224903
13224903, Was a lil shook when I was younger 12-14
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Jan-10-18 03:27 PM
but after I got more experience, I developed my own approach which usually encompassed finding the right in/conversation starter. I hated pick up lines or the 'hey girl/shawty/baby' approach.

For example, in high school, I had been eyeing this girl for a few days after we ended up in sitting near each other in a general assembly. Hadn't seen her before but actively kept an eye out for her after the assembly. I didn't know her at all and I didn't know anyone who knew her. So by chance, a few days after the assembly, I was heading to my locker by my homeroom and who's leaning against the locker right next to mine talking to a few girl friends...her.

I'm about 15 feet away and overheard her friend say her name, "Rochelle", and I decided then, 'this is perfect, just get close to her'. So I walked over to my locker and positioned myself within about 6 inches of her while I opened my locker door, and was like "What's up Rochelle?" not once making eye contact.

She looked up at me, puzzled but curious and responded, "Hey. Uh, do I know you?". I was like "You could get to know me." She smiled, I introduced myself. Told her I noticed her around school and thought she was pretty. She offered up her phone number and told me to call later that night.

I just refined that approach as I got older. Some type of conversational in, a joke, a common opinion and take it from there.