Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Tell me about the hardest job interview you aced
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13224813&mesg_id=13224846
13224846, RE: Tell me about the hardest job interview you aced
Posted by Wonderl33t, Wed Jan-10-18 01:39 PM
Damn, that's intense. What's your profession? I switched careers to programming last year and I haven't had anything too intense yet, but my only two jobs have been entry level and now mid level.

My best interview story is that I got a phone call from what I thought was a recruiter, then about 10 minutes into the call, I realized that it was the employer and it was a full fledged phone interview (the interview was on my calendar, but I had forgotten about it completely). I had been half assing it because I learned to not take recruiters very seriously, and I realized that I was doing horribly. Then the guy gave me the "That will do it, thank you. You'll hear from our HR regarding the job." So I said wait, I do not believe I have conveyed my experience very well. Would you mind if I elaborated more on some projects I've worked on? He said yeah, go for it. So I did, and the interview went almost another half hour and went great. I got a call a few days later for an in-person interview, but by that time, I had already gotten another job. But it felt damn good to snatch victory from the claws of defeat like that.

>I'm trying to get myself hyped for this big one I'm taking on
>tomorrow.
>It is a lateral move but its one that would be a nice career
>boost. (FAANG)
>
>
>So far the hardest interview was for the job I have now where
>it was 7 hours straight with 45 min back to back sessions with
>NO breaks. I had to be ON ON ON ON ON and I aced it.
>
>The second hardest one was with a big bay area tech company
>and that was 5 hours with a 2 hour white board exercise. Did
>not get the job but it was solid fucking experience.
>
>
>What you got and what was the outcome?