Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI wouldn't use the word "phobic" but is of course discriminatory
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13224364&mesg_id=13224782
13224782, I wouldn't use the word "phobic" but is of course discriminatory
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jan-10-18 11:03 AM
The same way that if a white person wouldn't date black they are discriminatory. Or if a black person wouldn't date white is discriminatory.

I would just say that in a lot of instances some discrimination is perfectly acceptable. I wouldn't date a dumb chick, I discriminate against dumb people. Society thinks that okay.

I wouldn't date white. I discriminate against white people when it comes to dating. Society thinks that's okay.

If a white person says they wouldn't date a black person, that of course is discriminatory, and I think a lot of society doesn't think that is okay. At the same time a white person could have only dated white people in their life and that might be their preference, and society thinks that okay.

But to say I would not date a trans woman is more than a preference since it's a categorical exclusion and is discriminatory, but I am okay with that and wouldn't try and call it something else.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"