Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectClearly folks who throw bananas have racist intent. My point is that I'd
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13224108&mesg_id=13224761
13224761, Clearly folks who throw bananas have racist intent. My point is that I'd
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jan-10-18 10:12 AM
like to think that there are white people who don't necessarily make the racist association between black people and monkeys and this ad could have been oversight.

>aren’t doing it by accident.
>
>>I don't know enough either way to argue too hard that it
>>definitely was racist intent or just an oversight. I am
>just
>>allowing for the possibility that it might just have been
>>oversight.
>>
>>I know there are a lot of racist Europeans but I would also
>>like to think there are lots of Europeans (and White People
>in
>>general) who don't immediately make an association between
>>black people and monkeys.
>>
>>
>>You might be right, but it sucks to think all white people
>see
>>you and see a monkey. just sayin
>
>Yeah. It really sucks when you make shit up. When did I say
>all white folks? I said there were more than enough racist in
>Europe to believe this was intentional.

No you are saying that this HAS to be intentional. I am the one arguing that it is possible that this was not intentional.

To say that this has to be intentional is to believe that all white people have to make a racist association between black people and monkeys.

If you believe that not all white people make the racist association, then it logically follows that this may have been accidental.

Again, I am not arguing that this HAS to be accidental. I am arguing that it is possible that it might have been accidental. The distinction is important. If H&M does an investigation and uncover a racist ad maker, I wouldn't be shocked or wrong. If a third party did an investigation and conclude it was an oversight, I'd be pleased. That's it.

>>
>>
>>**********
>>"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then
>>they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson
>>
>>"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
>

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"