Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGreat points on those two...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13222449&mesg_id=13299244
13299244, Great points on those two...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Nov-28-18 03:50 PM
I followed this shit SO closely for so long. I can't imagine what Jay had to feel...at that time. Like you said, you could still hear it in him in the doc. In 2005, he was better that Ronnie...flat out. He was better. Ronnie won, anyway. That had to be crushing. I thought there were to really cool things Jay said which sums up how most of them felt about Ronnie...He said after he finally beat him in 2006, he felt bad for Ronnie...LOL. He was supposed to be hyped he won his first Olympia and he felt bad that he dethroned the King. Secondly...he said to be clear...I didn't beat Ronnie at his best. Cuz, he knew he could never beat the best Ronnie. No one could.

Kevin had the best quote of the doc, IMO when he said "if you're not willing to go to that place...where he's going...and train like that, and withstand that, and live like that and do that and do that and do that...you don't have a chance against him"