Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNigga, Poomar is the enemy, not me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13221891&mesg_id=13222266
13222266, Nigga, Poomar is the enemy, not me.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 08:11 AM
>And you say this because bourgeois negros trying
>to please white folks and white folks themselves
>are coming for him? Ah, so MLK and Malcolm X
>were also "great pumpkins"... or at least that's
>what you'd call them if they existed today. You'd
>DEFINITELY call Garvey that after he was convicted
>of "mail fraud." I mean, white folks said it, and
>bourgeois negros didn't like him, so it must be true,
>right?

Evolve out of the whole "bourgeois negros trying to stomp anyone else down" viewpoint and see that there are NUMEROUS OTHERS who advocate for Black lives withOUT:

- swindling people via crowdfunding
- being a misogynist and homophobe
- being a hypocrite upon all of that

defending Poomar is the "he tried to buy NBC" defense.... he doesn't deserve comparison to Garvey, MLK, and Malcolm

this dude continually tries to paint himself as a savior while trying to rake over the most vulnerable members of society. he's Donald Trump in blackface

I feel like we should be a little more... selective in who we follow, but much like Trump and pretty much 60-65% of white folks, Black people too, can be sucked into the vortex of racial resentment. Even though from the black side it's 100% warranted and not imagined.

the further down the ladder you are, the more susceptible one can be to being lured in by the bombast and the bullshit.

I don't believe "the white man" is out to get Umar anymore than they are other black folks. Umar likely did one of the following: bullshit his way into a license, committed some sort of violation, or didn't continue education/certification like he's supposed to. that picture didn't even seem to be 100% forthcoming as to what was really going on.

real disappointing to see Killer Mike backing this dude, but then again, he's been a lil too close to the libertarian bros who ignore race in favor of class (in a way that is real disingenuous). we deserve better representatives