Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo Dr. Poomar is about to lose his license to practice psychology in PA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13221891
13221891, So Dr. Poomar is about to lose his license to practice psychology in PA
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-22-17 09:29 AM
his Gofundme is also on the verge of being shuttered.

How many people believed in The Great Pumpkin of King Kong Konsciousness? Show of hands.
13221897, im amazed he ever actually had a license
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Dec-22-17 09:56 AM
i thought that was a lie too like damn near everything else.
13222054, RE: im amazed he ever actually had a license
Posted by double 0, Sat Dec-23-17 01:18 PM
That is also what they think....

Hence the investigation
13222111, When u say "damn near everything else" what are u referencing?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Dec-23-17 11:14 PM
13221914, hoteps gon hotep
Posted by SooperEgo, Fri Dec-22-17 11:29 AM
13221922, lol @ poomar
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-22-17 12:32 PM
13222380, #newsht
Posted by willi_dudat, Tue Dec-26-17 05:23 PM
!
13221941, The phone call he answered from absolutely no one had me dying though
Posted by Atillah Moor, Fri Dec-22-17 01:59 PM
13221944, Or perhaps he’s just focusing his efforts on the school he’s opening.
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Fri Dec-22-17 02:28 PM
Being a Dr can take away your dedication to other crafts.
13221945, IF true, that's a horrible precedent to set
Posted by kayru99, Fri Dec-22-17 02:45 PM
13221948, Uncle Ruckus everywhere are celebrating.
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Dec-22-17 03:00 PM

http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/12/22/dr-umar-johnson-ordered-stand-trial-accuses-state-trying-strip-psychology-credentials/

Dr. Umar Johnson Ordered to Stand Trial, Accuses State of Trying to Strip His ‘Psychology Credentials’
By Tanasia Kenney - December 22, 20170183

Umar Johnson
Dr. Umar Johnson is accused of falsely presenting himself as a psychologist without the proper credentials.
Author and Pan-Afrikan psychologist Dr. Umar Johnson has reportedly been called to stand trial before the Pennsylvania State Board of Psychology amid concerns over his credentials as a psychologist and efforts to fund a new residential academy for Black boys.

In a Twitter post Thursday, Dec. 21, Johnson shared a screenshot of the notice from the Department of State petitioning him to court for a hearing, Jan. 8, 2018, for undisclosed reasons. The famed psychologist, who’s claimed familial ties to freedom fighter Frederick Douglass in the past, hinted that it might have something to do with the legitimacy of his school psychology license.

Johnson went on to blast those who are helping the “white man” plot his demise and potentially end his career.

“I’ve been ordered to stand trial in Harrisburg, Pa. … before the Board of Psychology to be stripped of my school psychology credentials as a result of constant complaints from some members of my race pleading to the white man via phone and mail, to bring an end to my profession,” he wrote.

DR.UMAR'S LAST STAND: THE FAREWELL TOUR….

A) Dr.Umar Returns to Chicago(IL): Tues Dec 26th@6pm(doors@4pm), "Harold Washington Cultural Center, 4701 S. Martin Luther https://t.co/OvDSb3xsYv, https://t.co/ThH3SyCEMN, 844-4DR-UMAR, https://t.co/sKXa8GLzFg pic.twitter.com/34CWFGh8YB

— Dr. Umar Johnson (@DrUmarJohnson) December 21, 2017

A notice from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania obtained by Atlanta Black Star accuses Johnson of presenting himself as a psychologist without the proper credentials, indicating that he’s never held an authorization to practice a profession/occupation from the state’s psychology board. Moreover, the notice states that Johnson doesn’t have a proper license to practice as a psychologist in the state.

Johnson must now prove to the board that he is, in fact, a certified psych professional — or risk losing his permit to practice altogether. He also faces civil penalties of about $10,000 for each alleged violation and could even incur the costs of an investigation into the matter, according to the notice warning of possible disciplinary action.

Johnson, who specializes in working with parents of Black children diagnosed with special needs or behavioral issues, has since responded to the complaints and maintained that he is a certified school psychologist, despite the allegations levied against him.

“I am, and have been for the past 16 years, since Spring 2001, a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Certified School Psychologist,” he penned in a letter to the state dated Aug. 25, 2017. “I’ve also been a Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP), a credential I voluntarily chose not to renew, as I didn’t feel the organization did enough to prevent the over-identification and placement of African-American boys into special education programs.”

“Contrary to the allegations made against me, I have never held myself out as anything other than a Certified School Psychologist and Doctor of Clinical Psychology,” he added. ” … It’s my hope that these charges being brought against me are not politically motivated out of racial bias or discrimination due to my political views, school advocacy efforts in support of Black parents, and/or community activist work that I conduct on behalf of the national African-American community.”

Johnson’s notice to appear in court also comes amid recent suspicions over his efforts to transform one of two historically Black institutions into the Frederick Douglass and Marcus Garvey RBG International Leadership Academy for Black Boys, a private K-12 academy for Black males. However, speculative reports about where funds donated for the project are actually going have raised concerns among supporters, leaving many to wonder if the project will ever come to fruition.

So far, a GoFundMe campaign dedicated to the cause has amassed just over $400,000 in donations since its launch in March 2015. A screenshot posted to Johnson’s Twitter page Thursday showed that the crowdfunding company’s had concerns about the campaign as well and threatened to shut down Johnson’s account if he failed to respond to them within 48 hours.

Dr.Umar Returns to Atlanta(GA): Thursday December 28th@6pm(doors@4pm), "399 Years Later" Shrine of the Black Madonna, 946 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd, https://t.co/iC1BPjWSkO, 844-4DR-UMAR, https://t.co/oyaPjsVuOe, https://t.co/ThH3SyCEMN pic.twitter.com/uPVm2Ldi0C

— Dr. Umar Johnson (@DrUmarJohnson) December 21, 2017

“Sometimes I ask myself why did I start this campaign,” Johnson wrote. “I’m ready to return all the donations and move to Afrika. In an effort to give our boys a school they deserve, I’ve had countless coons consistently harass white people in the power structure.”

News of Johnson’s trouble with the board has garnered mixed reactions, from some in the Black community labeling him a fraud to others rallying those in the diaspora to throw their support behind him. The hashtag #UmarJohnsonDelicensingParty was even trending for a while.

Me, upon seeing that Umar Johnson is about to get collected by his state's psychology board, AND is about to lose his GoFundMe account: pic.twitter.com/gHMczZNqJO

— Marq (@_hoemo) December 22, 2017

Y’all hotep niggas let yourselves get scammed by Umar Johnson for years and STILL don’t realize that he’s been playing y’all. He’s been raising money for a school for YEARS with nothing to show for it

— Utsuro (@Madvillain179) December 22, 2017

#UmarJohnsonDelicensingParty
Date: Jan 8th 2018
Place: Anywhere Black folks are tired of fraud ass niggas
Time: Whenever he gets stripped of the ability to spread his BS
*Bring your refund forms for your donation to Umar's "school"*
*Free Hennyritas from 5-7pm*

— William Jamal Richardson (@DecolonialBlack) December 22, 2017

The fact that people (especially Black people) are celebrating the delicensing of Umar Johnson is sickening. You coons, coonettes, bed bucks, bed wenches, sambos, jigaboos, and any other foul name one can think of MUST be ELIMANTED from our community!!!!

— I'm Black & I Say So (@iamnotawino) December 22, 2017

Dr. Umar Johnson is an intelligent man and I see people, OUR PEOPLE happy he is going to lose his license. Simple ones.. how long will you love simplicity?

— aaliyah israel (@aaliyah_gad) December 22, 2017

The most disheartening thing about Black folks coming for @DrUmarJohnson us that not a single one of them has done the work that he’s done. I’m talking educationally or on the ground. The audacity… And for what? #UmarJohnsonDelicensingParty

— BC👨🏾‍💻 (@MrCraw4D) December 22, 2017

Dr. Johnson did not return requests for comment.
13222024, Nothing to celebrate but he did a lot of this himself yeah?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Sat Dec-23-17 09:58 AM
I was onboard with his take down of the education system when it comes to black children
13222032, What did he do ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Sat Dec-23-17 11:21 AM
If it's the parents of black children he worked with complaining that's one thing but losing his license over the school fund or something else. Nah
13222203, I’m actually a little off topic as I do believe him re: his license
Posted by Atillah Moor, Mon Dec-25-17 12:04 AM
And even though I’m a little disappointed in how he’s carried himself at times I think they would be coming for him like this regardless
13222055, RE: Uncle Ruckus everywhere are celebrating.
Posted by kinetic94761180, Sat Dec-23-17 01:26 PM
https://twitter.com/pentherapee/status/944255188470136832
13222056, RE: Uncle Ruckus everywhere are celebrating.
Posted by kinetic94761180, Sat Dec-23-17 01:29 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdDcVH7DC5O/
13222069, Thank you for these
Posted by Lurkmode, Sat Dec-23-17 03:11 PM
The truth comes out.
13221960, people sad he's about to "lose his livelihood"
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-22-17 04:23 PM
....what is his job again?

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13222035, i seen somebody call his proposed school 'hotep hogwarts' lol
Posted by Reeq, Sat Dec-23-17 11:49 AM
13222053, RE: i seen somebody call his proposed school 'hotep hogwarts' lol
Posted by double 0, Sat Dec-23-17 01:17 PM
crine
13222097, honestly shit like that isn't funny
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sat Dec-23-17 09:05 PM
there's lots of things we can take issue and poke fun at, but we're not in a position to laugh at ourselves when it comes to building institutions for ourselves. And I say this as somebody that never bought what he was selling.
13222112, Of course these people don't want Black boys to be educated
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Dec-23-17 11:23 PM
on the true history of this country by Black men.

These are the same negros who parrot white
phrenologists of the 1800s with this Black
rapist, abuser, boogeyman narrative, largely
b/c they don't actually *know* that history.
Then they blame Black men for being targeted
for removal from society and "near or at the
bottom of every metric determining quality of
life" in a society with a school system that
targets Black male teachers for removal from
the classroom, leaving them at 2% of the
teaching population.
And that's just a couple of main points.

In short tho, these people work completely
in tandem with white supremacy. Of course
they would celebrate this.

And you're completely right. It's far from funny.
13222270, nah, breh. this dude deserves all the clownage.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 08:15 AM
no one clowns others who do this shit, just him, because he calls black people "trifling" when they give him 250K.

13222329, I'm not even talking about him
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Tue Dec-26-17 01:55 PM
he was done for me when he asked for money with no real business plan. But using sacred African terms and turning them into insults is indefensible. We're the only people that do this and think it's funny or clever, and we clearly don't mind other people seeing us do it or join in on it.
13222357, oh, the 'Hotep' thing. yeah, I can dig
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 03:11 PM
if cats don't like the flip of "Hotep" from a positive to a negative due to the people who have wielded it in the name of eating da poo poo
13222030, As an objective observer
Posted by Musa, Sat Dec-23-17 10:50 AM
but someone who has met Umar on a few occasions and know people who have worked with him.

If the raising money for a school is a scam it will come to the light otherwise let him do him.

I don't get the side eye(except if you has a personal run in with him he can be a egomaniac).

Otherwise he is doing his job and shedding light on an issue that few is any speak about aka the slant in mental health with education and labeling Black folk ESPECIALLY BOYS learning disabled.

If they do take his credentials he can still open a school.

OTHERWISE I DON'T CARE.

13222073, He scares most blacks & offends most whites by default,
Posted by isaaaa, Sat Dec-23-17 04:01 PM
hasn't a chance in MAINSTREAM SOCIETY.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com
13222076, RE: He scares most blacks & offends most whites by default,
Posted by howardlloyd, Sat Dec-23-17 04:12 PM
>hasn't a chance in MAINSTREAM SOCIETY.
>

neither do the black masses

n/m
13222268, he shouldn't have a chance in any society
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 08:12 AM
but seeing that you defend him is not surprising
13225627, coward
Posted by isaaaa, Sat Jan-13-18 12:04 AM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
13222494, there's an unspoken class war in Black America
Posted by kayru99, Wed Dec-27-17 12:20 PM
and this is just one front of it.
13222504, Most definitely
Posted by Musa, Wed Dec-27-17 12:52 PM
sad part is so called middle class black folk really don't own much they just mainly have good jobs.

13222102, How does one risk losing his permit to practice if they weren't qualified
Posted by Case_One, Sat Dec-23-17 10:24 PM
to get the permit in the first place. HOW DID HE QUALIFY FOR A PERMIT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13222105, What ? He is qualified
Posted by Lurkmode, Sat Dec-23-17 10:43 PM
>to get the permit in the first place. HOW DID HE QUALIFY FOR
>A PERMIT IN THE FIRST PLACE?
>.

What ? You think he faked a degree ?
13222106, My Point is folks are saying he's not qualified.
Posted by Case_One, Sat Dec-23-17 10:49 PM
I'm making the point that if he wasn't qualified he would have never gotten the permit to practice.

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins
13222108, Oh
Posted by Lurkmode, Sat Dec-23-17 11:04 PM
n/m
13222122, It's called moving the goal post. For those it was never really about
Posted by SP1200, Sun Dec-24-17 04:18 AM
his credentials now was it?
13222134, thats not necessarily true
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Dec-24-17 08:33 AM
especially pre-digital records
13222145, RE: How does one risk losing his permit to practice if they weren't qualified
Posted by double 0, Sun Dec-24-17 11:59 AM
Here is how (according to the root who spoke to the board)

-Failing to demonstrate the qualifications or standards for a license.

-Making misleading, deceptive, untrue or fraudulent representations in the practice of psychology.

-Practicing fraud or deceit in obtaining a license to practice psychology.

-Displaying gross incompetence, negligence or misconduct in carrying on the practice of psychology.

-Submitting a false or deceptive biennial registration to the board.

-Being convicted of a crime.

-Having a license to practice psychology suspended, revoked or refused, or receiving other disciplinary action by the proper psychology licensing authority of another state, territory or country.

-Being unable to practice psychology with reasonable skill and safety by reason of illness, drunkenness, excessive use of drugs, narcotics, chemicals or any other type of material, or as a result of any mental or physical condition.

-Violating a lawful regulation.

-Knowingly aiding, assisting, procuring or advising any unlicensed person to practice psychology.

-Committing immoral or unprofessional conduct.

-Soliciting any engagement to perform professional services by any direct, in-person or uninvited soliciting through the use of coercion, duress, compulsion, intimidation, threats, overreaching or harassing conduct.

Failing to perform any statutory obligation placed upon a licensed psychologist.
Intentionally submitting to any third-party payer a claim for a service or treatment that was not actually provided to a client.

Failing to maintain professional records in accordance with regulations prescribed by the board.
13222114, This post is so problematic.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Dec-23-17 11:41 PM
Aside from the fact that you have consistently
devolved into an extremely immature enemy to
Black people when I used to have quite a bit
of respect for you, Claw...

Somehow, in your now illogical mind, the targeting
of a Black person by the white power structure
means that they are somehow full of smoke.

>How many people believed in The Great Pumpkin of King Kong
>Konsciousness?

And you say this because bourgeois negros trying
to please white folks and white folks themselves
are coming for him? Ah, so MLK and Malcolm X
were also "great pumpkins"... or at least that's
what you'd call them if they existed today. You'd
DEFINITELY call Garvey that after he was convicted
of "mail fraud." I mean, white folks said it, and
bourgeois negros didn't like him, so it must be true,
right?

Attorney Alton Maddox had his license taken, because
he was able to prove which WHITE police officers
raped Tawana Brawley, so does that mean he's a
"great pumpkin", because white folks were unhappy
with his actions and took his license? You gotta
realize how ridiculous your post sounds.

13222133, RE: Alton Maddox
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sun Dec-24-17 08:19 AM
One of our great living warriors and he diesn't get the credit he deserves.
13222152, Most definitely. The man worked for us pro bono...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Dec-24-17 01:08 PM
for the love of his people. The crooked NY
system is STILL messing with him too.

>One of our great living warriors and he doesn't get the
>credit he deserves.

13222176, that scheme where he represented a whole neighborhood
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sun Dec-24-17 05:09 PM
by having them pay a thousand dollars in money orders for a dollar each to city hall was brilliant. He drops jewels on his FB page too.
13222184, All very true
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Dec-24-17 05:41 PM

13222151, stop making sense.
Posted by kinetic94761180, Sun Dec-24-17 01:02 PM
13222266, Nigga, Poomar is the enemy, not me.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 08:11 AM
>And you say this because bourgeois negros trying
>to please white folks and white folks themselves
>are coming for him? Ah, so MLK and Malcolm X
>were also "great pumpkins"... or at least that's
>what you'd call them if they existed today. You'd
>DEFINITELY call Garvey that after he was convicted
>of "mail fraud." I mean, white folks said it, and
>bourgeois negros didn't like him, so it must be true,
>right?

Evolve out of the whole "bourgeois negros trying to stomp anyone else down" viewpoint and see that there are NUMEROUS OTHERS who advocate for Black lives withOUT:

- swindling people via crowdfunding
- being a misogynist and homophobe
- being a hypocrite upon all of that

defending Poomar is the "he tried to buy NBC" defense.... he doesn't deserve comparison to Garvey, MLK, and Malcolm

this dude continually tries to paint himself as a savior while trying to rake over the most vulnerable members of society. he's Donald Trump in blackface

I feel like we should be a little more... selective in who we follow, but much like Trump and pretty much 60-65% of white folks, Black people too, can be sucked into the vortex of racial resentment. Even though from the black side it's 100% warranted and not imagined.

the further down the ladder you are, the more susceptible one can be to being lured in by the bombast and the bullshit.

I don't believe "the white man" is out to get Umar anymore than they are other black folks. Umar likely did one of the following: bullshit his way into a license, committed some sort of violation, or didn't continue education/certification like he's supposed to. that picture didn't even seem to be 100% forthcoming as to what was really going on.

real disappointing to see Killer Mike backing this dude, but then again, he's been a lil too close to the libertarian bros who ignore race in favor of class (in a way that is real disingenuous). we deserve better representatives
13222314, Nah it's you when you say stuff like you said.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 01:16 PM
>Evolve out of the whole "bourgeois negros trying to stomp
>anyone else down" viewpoint

Just speaking on what's happening.
You evolve out of the whole "Black male privilege,
intersectional misinterpretation" mess tho, because
that is all very STATISTICALLY false.

Btw, your above statement is hilarious when you
also say:

>the further down the ladder you are, the more susceptible one
>can be to being lured in by the bombast and the bullshit.

"Down the ladder" huh? While the idea can be true,
it can also make people much more aware of the
reality of what it means to be Black... which is
yall bourgeois negros tend to be so out-of-touch
with the rest of Black society. People with less
are just as intelligent as the rest of us...
but to you, they're just poor, stupid souls who'll
follow anybody, huh? And you wonder why I call
out yall bourgeois negros.

>there are NUMEROUS
>OTHERS who advocate for Black lives withOUT:
>
>- swindling people via crowdfunding

How is he "swindling" people when he hasn't
met his target amount? That makes zero
sense, and is one of the most ridiculous
things yall are saying.
I can't argue with your other two accusations,
which is why the superfluous one is unnecessary.
The true ones just don't hold up very well for
the sort of attack yall want to wage, b/c yall
watch others do it every Sunday w/o protest.

>he doesn't deserve comparison to Garvey, MLK, and Malcolm
>

He does when you attack him for one of the exact
same reasons. You warranted/facilitated the
comparison by calling him "great pumpkin" solely
because the white power structure if coming for him.
Like I said nigga, that shit sounds ridiculous.

>I feel like we should be a little more... selective in who we
>follow

I'm not sure what you're reading, but I don't think
anyone in here has said they "follow" him.

>Black people too, can be sucked into the vortex of
>racial resentment. Even though from the black side it's 100%
>warranted and not imagined.

Then wtf is your point? You're saying dumb
shit and trying to cover your ass at the same time.
Figure out which side of your mouth you wanna talk
out of dude.

>I don't believe "the white man" is out to get Umar anymore
>than they are other black folks.

If you truly believe that a Black man trying to
open THAT kind of independent African-centered
school for Black boys ISN'T going to be targeted
by the white power structure more than the average
Joe, your level of education and understanding about
the society you live in is very sub par.

>real disappointing to see Killer Mike backing this dude

Real disappointing to see you being so childish and
sheepish.

>we deserve better representatives

Then do a better job.

13222316, unfinished scam means he's not a scammer lol
Posted by MiracleRic, Tue Dec-26-17 01:25 PM
i stole the money...but you know...until i reach the target goal...it's technically in limbo...

13222320, How is it an "unfinished scam" tho?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 01:30 PM
Very valid for those who donated to ask
where the money is going, but what is
the give that it's a scam at all?
Maybe you have some info on this that I don't.
13222323, it's a scam bc it's a scam
Posted by MiracleRic, Tue Dec-26-17 01:36 PM
every ounce of scrutiny gets passed off as hate

every inquiry and request for transparency is like pulling shark teeth

if it looks and smells like bullshit...avoid avoid avoid bc it's likely bullshit

im not speaking definitively but waiting for proof of being scammed is a great way to end up being scammed lol

13222337, So you're assuming and speaking definitively at the same time
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 02:22 PM
>im not speaking definitively

Yet you are speaking definitively.
You literally typed "I stole the money"
in reference to him reply 52. Now you
say you're not speaking definitively...
speaking of bullshit.

13222354, so, tell me, did Umar try to buy UPN before it became the CW?
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 03:03 PM
>"Down the ladder" huh? While the idea can be true,
>it can also make people much more aware of the
>reality of what it means to be Black... which is
>yall bourgeois negros tend to be so out-of-touch
>with the rest of Black society. People with less
>are just as intelligent as the rest of us...
>but to you, they're just poor, stupid souls who'll
>follow anybody, huh? And you wonder why I call
>out yall bourgeois negros.

Never said that one's class or level of education was a barrier to being intelligent. There's a lot of dudes with degrees and titles that are super ignorant (like Poomar).

However, in lower economic classes (the areas Poomar is targeting), people are VERY vulnerable. it's easier to believe in someone who sells the dream of self-determination when you're not clouded by the illusion of having "made it"

(same strategy is used in a number of churches, esp. the prosperity preachers that Umar resembles)

>How is he "swindling" people when he hasn't
>met his target amount? That makes zero
>sense, and is one of the most ridiculous
>things yall are saying.
>I can't argue with your other two accusations,
>which is why the superfluous one is unnecessary.
>The true ones just don't hold up very well for
>the sort of attack yall want to wage, b/c yall
>watch others do it every Sunday w/o protest.

a dude who hasn't met his goals in crowd funding shouldn't go chastising his would-be donors as "trifling Black people", IMO

that sounds much like the "bourgeois Black person" with whom you seem to have problems.

after all this time (and money), there's been no sign of progress, no plan, just some "I'm gonna make a school for boys".

>He does when you attack him for one of the exact
>same reasons. You warranted/facilitated the
>comparison by calling him "great pumpkin" solely
>because the white power structure if coming for him.
>Like I said nigga, that shit sounds ridiculous.

he was the great pumpkin well before the white power structure allegedly started coming for him.

y'all act like this dude is being hamstrung by anyone but his own self.

>I'm not sure what you're reading, but I don't think
>anyone in here has said they "follow" him.

then why are you (and others) capin' for this fraudulent dude?

>Then wtf is your point? You're saying dumb
>shit and trying to cover your ass at the same time.
>Figure out which side of your mouth you wanna talk
>out of dude.

I'm speaking directly out of the front of my mouth, breh.

Why do y'all cape for a charlatan?
Because he's Black and "independent"?
Because he gets it right twice a day, like a broken clock?

>If you truly believe that a Black man trying to
>open THAT kind of independent African-centered
>school for Black boys ISN'T going to be targeted
>by the white power structure more than the average
>Joe, your level of education and understanding about
>the society you live in is very sub par.

I find the notion of Poomar being COINTELPRO'd when it's mostly black people calling him out highly dubious; outside of black people, this dude barely registers.

>Real disappointing to see you being so childish and
>sheepish.

LOL @ sheepish. dude. you ain't gotta be a "sheep" to not rock with this dude and his BS.

I'll be "childish" though, if that's what gets eyes over here. Poomar threw out his right to be treated fairly when he started that "trifling black people" shit and started hiding behind a wall of imagined persecution everytime he got caught out there.
13222368, Tell me, did you bump your head on a coffee table or a rock?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 03:48 PM
>However, in lower economic classes (the areas Poomar is
>targeting), people are VERY vulnerable. it's easier to believe
>in someone who sells the dream of self-determination when
>you're not clouded by the illusion of having "made it"
>
>(same strategy is used in a number of churches, esp. the
>prosperity preachers that Umar resembles)

You're just throwing stuff at the wall, hoping
it sticks now. Mainly because prosperity preachers
claim that you'll be rich simply b/c you give your
money to them. Then you say Umar is "selling the
dream of self-determination." You're not even making
a logical comparison here.

>a dude who hasn't met his goals in crowd funding shouldn't go
>chastising his would-be donors as "trifling Black people",
>IMO

True.

>that sounds much like the "bourgeois Black person" with whom
>you seem to have problems.

To me, it just sounds childish... but you can
relate, as you just admitted that you have no
problem with being childish yourself, so you
don't really have room to judge there.

>after all this time (and money), there's been no sign of
>progress, no plan, just some "I'm gonna make a school for
>boys".

He has said what his plans are but also that
he stopped being so open about them after the
incident with the first building he planned to
buy. It's fine if you don't believe him, but
yall aren't simply saying you don't believe him.

>then why are you (and others) capin' for this fraudulent
>dude?

Understand this point thoroughly:
When you make false claims or say childish/unnecessary
stuff about someone, those who call you out or correct
you are not "caping." We are simply responding to your
ridiculousness. Someone being flawed or drawing your
suspicion is not a license to throw maturity to the
wind without criticism.
However, even if I *was* caping for ANY Black man,
it's very warranted with the over-the-top way we are
attacked from people like yourself, the media, and even
academies who claim that our high rates of death and
incarceration are somehow "privileges." Every other
week there's a blog bashing us, calling us terrorists
and rapists, yet it's considered acceptable gender theory
when it's nothing but white supremacist psuedo-science
recoded as such. So any time you wonder why anyone would
"cape" for a Black man, think of that.

>I find the notion of Poomar being COINTELPRO'd when it's
>mostly black people calling him out highly dubious

Of course you do, because you obviously don't understand
how current ideologies around Black men assist with stuff
like this as you buy into pop culture nonsense. He may
or may not be correct, but for you to see nothing wrong
with the way he's being referenced is very telling.

>>Real disappointing to see you being so childish and
>>sheepish.
>
>LOL @ sheepish. dude. you ain't gotta be a "sheep" to not rock
>with this dude

True, but you gotta be one to call him 'hotep',
"poomar", "great pumpkin" etc.

>I'll be "childish" though, if that's what gets eyes over here.

Ah, so this is about attention for you.
Carry on.

13222375, ok, clarify the 'pop culture' nonsense to which I'm latched.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 04:48 PM
what in pop culture says to me: "Dr. Poomar bad"

again, aside from Black people (mostly on Twitter), who is meme-ing up Dr. Poomar? is anyone talking about Dr. Poomar on TV that is mass-consumed?

this isn't a case of "self-hate"

I don't think his idea to open an independent school for Black people is bad.

I just think HE is bad. His world view, that is anti-woman and anti-gay is bad. he is not forthcoming about the work he does as a psychologist. not forthcoming about his business plan with the money he is crowdfunding. and wraps a whole lot of bullshit in language meant to address the kind of resentment that systematic and institutionalized oppression causes. (you know, kind of the other side of the Donald Trump coin).

and again, what in pop culture (which is pretty anti-woman and anti-gay, just on the low) says I should be against Umar?

if you separated HIM from the move to build an independent, crowd-funded school? this post wouldn't exist.

13222382, This Blk boogeyman nonsense that Damon Young and the alt-right
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 05:37 PM
are on... and the white supremacist ethnologists before them.

>this isn't a case of "self-hate"

I'm not the one who said that.

>I don't think his idea to open an independent school for Black
>people is bad.
>
>I just think HE is bad. His world view, that is anti-woman and
>anti-gay is bad. he is not forthcoming about the work he does
>as a psychologist. not forthcoming about his business plan
>with the money he is crowdfunding.

And if you'd leave it that, you might have a
more mature and respectable argument.

>and wraps a whole lot of
>bullshit in language meant to address the kind of resentment
>that systematic and institutionalized oppression causes. (you
>know, kind of the other side of the Donald Trump coin).

That "other side of the Donald Trump" coin argument
isn't well thought-out. I'll allow you to marinate
on it some more.

>and again, what in pop culture (which is pretty anti-woman and
>anti-gay, just on the low) says I should be against Umar?

The pop culture critique was about the kind of
ideology that facilitates lopsided attacks on
so-called 'hotep' Black men... and that doesn't
elude you as much as you're pretending. I spoke
to the fact that the ideas accepted in academies
and popular blogs inform this kind of attack.
Start with the idea that Black men theorizing about
themselves isn't trusted while every other group
theorizes about themselves... included Black women.
Yet everyone else gets to call Black men savages
w/o correction. I see you on here cosigning this
kind of rhetoric, so it's not like you can hide
behind this ONLY being about Umar.

>if you separated HIM from the move to build an independent,
>crowd-funded school? this post wouldn't exist.

Nope, it wouldn't, but I'd still be discussing it,
and that's problematic in itself that yall don't
give two shits about Black boys on any other day.

13222384, this is really only about Umar.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 05:44 PM
the post says Dr. Poomar, not "hotep dudes not named Dr. Poomar"

13225090, oh please stop it already...
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Thu Jan-11-18 11:27 AM
Regular working class folks from Philly have been saying Umar ain't shit for YEARS. Also, people who are local organizers in the UNIA, MOVE, and other well-known/respected groups have been saying dude is a problem. Even if he's being targeted by white folks, why should the community use resources to defend this horrible fool?
13225636, Oh please respond sensibly for a change already.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jan-13-18 04:42 AM
This conversation you're trying to ignite has already been had within the post. Read before you respond.
The very post you're responding to is clearly addressing my issue with the OP using an attack from the state as proof of any negative things stated about Umar. Given our history as Black people, we should be far beyond that (I'll get back to that in a second). Read carefully, because I'm beginning to question you're reading comprehension...
My problem isn't that people have a problem with Umar, per se. I've already stated that there are legit aspects about him and his approach that deserve critique (I've done so myself) in reply 117, but the evidence being presented in this very post is rumors from blogs, flat out lies about what he said or didn't say, OR (and this what I wanted to get back to) the fact that Umar is being used as a proxy by which to attack very legitimate truths simply because HE stated them (refer to Dr. Claw's pathetic lack of present and historical knowledge in reply 130. This is particular egregious and makes Claw and anyone who would believe his mess just as bad as he accuses Umar of being, if not worse). There's a difference in a valid critique and just attacking someone simply because they don't agree with your interpretation of intersectionality. Most of yall are doing the latter.

Beyond that, the only 'resource' being expended here is time and what little energy is takes to type some words, and my 'defense' is moreso of facts and Black men in general, both of which are being attacked in here by proxy... or hell just flat out in the case of reply 130 (again, this negro should be ashamed to even show his username for a few weeks after that).

13222128, Silly question but couldn't he just do what he does without a license?
Posted by kwez, Sun Dec-24-17 06:18 AM

13222135, yea, you don't need a license to scam your own people.
Posted by shygurl, Sun Dec-24-17 08:52 AM
You right.
13222164, LMAOOO...
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Sun Dec-24-17 03:13 PM
13222219, lol
Posted by Reeq, Mon Dec-25-17 11:08 AM
im surprised so many people still falling for the flim flam.
13222213, Frederick Douglass' half step-cousin 4x removed is turning in his grave.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Dec-25-17 03:11 AM
13222269, update: this might be some bullshit he's doing to scam people
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 08:12 AM
into more money under the guise of "the white man is against me"

Ittapupu v. the state.
13222275, I'm slightly unsettled by how gleeful people are
Posted by DVS, Tue Dec-26-17 09:52 AM
in seeing him torn down. Problematic or not...people are taking pleasure in watching his demise.

Call it what you will...this is some self hating shit. Y'all don't have to agree with me either. I'll stand alone on this shit.

I tried to stop there but I just can't. This is some fuckery.

Oprah and Serena can establish schools in South Africa and people applaud them. Why? Because they have the financial power to actually self fund that shit. They don't have to ask y'all for a dime, they can just bank on their earning potential and make the school. But they don't want to make the school in the states. Why? Because Y'ALL NIGGAZ WOULD DESTROY THEM 5 SECONDS AFTER THE SCHOOL WAS CREATED!

Oh....the school doesn't address this....they should have included this....anything, anywhere, anyway to discredit somebody who is actually trying to make a change.

Now....you name me someone that has funded some shit that hasn't pocketed some shit on their own. Not your pastor...not your politician....not your parents when you got birthday money and the lights was due....not ONE person.

You tell me how long it took Trump or any of these other "billionaires" to fund some for-profit hotel and all the hurdles they had to go to get that shit built.

But let a nigga go on Twitter and say some shit people don't like or, God forbid....have some human failings in this "24 Hour Information Cycle" society we in when niggaz can't unplug and always looking for shit....FOH.

Spelman couldn't be created today. FOH
Niggas would tear down Dubois and Booker T and ANY thinker, FOH.
Martin Luther King would be labeled an adulterer and run out of his cause. FOH
(and to head this off at the pass....no I'm not comparing Umar to none of them. This is principle. Name me one "thinker" we respect today and tell me they ain't taking arrows....shit....Coates is taking jealousy from OTHER supposed thinkers. FOH)

FOH FOH FOH.

Y'all can't be this stupid.

I'm not caping for dude at all...I honestly don't give a fuck about his leanings or shit he's said or the fact he has an ego or none of that shit.

I'm pissed at the hypocrisy of someone actually trying to navigate and do more than 99.9999% OF THE NIGGAZ TALKING SHIT and still having to swallow arrows.

Entire FOH family.

Ready your stones now....you know I'm spitting real shit so deal.

D
13222283, if your demise is being less able to scam people
Posted by MiracleRic, Tue Dec-26-17 10:54 AM
im really having a hard time understanding how cheering that on is problematic
13222324, Show me definitive evidence of your charge nm
Posted by DVS, Tue Dec-26-17 01:40 PM
13222284, plenty of black people have created independent/charter schools
Posted by Reeq, Tue Dec-26-17 10:59 AM
in the states. jalen rose, puffy, magic johnson, kevin johnson, deion sanders, etc.

even more have financially supported black schools and/or sat on boards, endorsed, lobbied, etc. like jay z, beyonce, russell simmons, etc.

oprah herself has donated millions to black schools in houston, philly, etc.

and thats just the famous black people. not including all the 'ordinary' black people that have done the same.

and those schools werent destroyed 5 seconds after they were created lol (i know you were speaking figuratively). in fact, these people are usually applauded.

if you wanna take a stance on the criticism umar receives in particular, it shouldnt be devoid of accurate information. because a lot of the criticism is specific to him (and for good reason).

if youre passionate about the topic, thats understandable. but minimizing any and all criticism as 'hating' just comes off kinda primitive at this point in the game. we should be above reducing the debate to its lowest common denominator. it dismisses a lot of the nuance/complexity that make discussions like this genuinely productive.
13222308, ^^^^ David Robinson has a school in Texas I believe
Posted by Atillah Moor, Tue Dec-26-17 12:47 PM
13222315, He said he doesn't want a charter school and explained why...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 01:23 PM
very well, I might add. This was amid the
ridiculous attack waged on him on Roland
Martin's dead show.

>if you wanna take a stance on the criticism umar receives in
>particular, it shouldnt be devoid of accurate information.

Exactly, and this also goes for if you want to
join the criticism. I don't see you encouraging
accuracy among those cheering his downfall tho.

The one-sided chastisement makes it clear that
your mediator face is disingenuous.

13222359, i did mention 'independent' also
Posted by Reeq, Tue Dec-26-17 03:15 PM
which is what i assume he wants if he doesnt fuck with charters.

>very well, I might add. This was amid the
>ridiculous attack waged on him on Roland
>Martin's dead show.

oh ok i didnt catch that.

>Exactly, and this also goes for if you want to
>join the criticism. I don't see you encouraging
>accuracy among those cheering his downfall tho.
>
>The one-sided chastisement makes it clear that
>your mediator face is disingenuous.

i just replied to one single point that i immediately recognized to be demonstrably inconsistent with recent history. then i made a general statement about people using the word 'hating' for blanket dismissal/deflection of legitimate criticism. you dont have to think any deeper than that.
13222326, Ever person you mentioned was able to either self finance
Posted by DVS, Tue Dec-26-17 01:45 PM
Or utilized a "CHARTER" as part of an existing school system to establish their initiative.

Every criticism I've seen of Umar is "fuck his view and I haven't seen his financials"

That's different than scamming. I haven't seen proof, and until I do...I'm not going to kangaroo court him as swiftly as everyone seems to
13222367, there are 'ordinary' black people who start independent schools too
Posted by Reeq, Tue Dec-26-17 03:42 PM
which i alluded to. i just listed the celebs because they are recognizable (and refuted your oprah/serena line of thought).

but they are pretty common in areas like prince georges county md and atlanta. those people had to raise capital just like umar has. but umar is more high profile and controversial with a dubious reputation. which is why he is running into more public skepticism/scrutiny.

would you fork over money to help tariq nasheed start a black history museum? lol.
13222370, Tariq has a great track record with delivering on stuff
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 03:50 PM
that he crowd funds for, so he's not a good
example for the point you're trying to prove.

>would you fork over money to help tariq nasheed start a black
>history museum? lol.
>

Hidden Colors
Hidden Colors 2
Hidden Colors 3
Hidden Colors 4
1804: The Hidden History of Haiti
Back to school backpack drive and other stuff
I'm not remembering off the top of my head.
Whatever you say about him, you can't say he
doesn't deliver when he raises money.

13222373, cmon fam.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Dec-26-17 04:33 PM
i know you gotta stay on-message but im sure you realize the difference between filming/editing low budget documentaries and starting/running a multi-million dollar institution.

but you pointing out tariqs established history of bringing projects to fruition (no matter how small in scale) also undercuts some of the defense of umar in here while bolstering the rationale behind widespread skepticism of his intention/competence with a $4 million venture.

what is *his* track record on managing capital and successfully delivering results?
13222381, This is the only time I've ever seen Umar raise money for a project
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Dec-26-17 05:24 PM
so for me, that remains to be seen.

>what is *his* track record on managing capital and
>successfully delivering results?
13222543, what is his job that he is going to lose. easy question.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Dec-27-17 04:58 PM
or you can ignore what he is.

13222544, You have to explain this.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Dec-27-17 05:09 PM
>>I'm pissed at the hypocrisy of someone actually trying to navigate and do more than 99.9999% OF THE NIGGAZ TALKING SHIT and still having to swallow arrows.

what has he actually done?

Because you don't want to discuss the harm he's caused, but you want to say he's "trying" to do more than some other unnamed people.

name motherfucking names or shut the fuck up and die.

13222604, why would we not celebrate someone with toxic views being torn down?
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-28-17 11:42 AM
am I in Bizarro World?

will anyone dare to understand why people have problems with this dude?
13222665, Bizarro World, indeed.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Dec-28-17 03:23 PM
He's a divisive, venom-spewing horror show. So the focus on whether his school is a scam or not vs. alllllll of the other very problematic things he says and does is quite the head-scratcher...
13222387, update: Poomar allegedly HAD NO license.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-26-17 05:53 PM
link: http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/12/22/dr-umar-johnson-ordered-stand-trial-accuses-state-trying-strip-psychology-credentials/

go to the scribd link embedded in the article.

the linked document, which is the full text of the image shared on Poomar's Instagram says as follows:

"FACTUAL ALLEGATIONS

1. Respondent (Poomar) has never held an authorization to practice a profession or occupation issued by the State Board of Psychology.

2. At all times pertinent to the Factual Allegations, Respondent did not hold a license to practice as a psychologist in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."

so... Poomar ain't had no license
and for every act in which he is in violation, he could be fined $10K (noted further in the document).

well, better get them Paypals in order. he will need them.
13222416, lol this man is a bonafide fraud
Posted by shygurl, Tue Dec-26-17 10:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ward.marvin/videos/899975260045776/
https://www.gofundme.com/drumar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0X_0YHH5mk
http://www.fdfi.org/public-statement-on-umar-johnson.html

Like, these took me 2 minutes to find and all he needs is top hat and monocle in order to complete the con. I'm glancing through the gofundme, he's been raising money for almost 3 years. Where is the money at right now? How is he planning on financing the school once it's open if it took three years to raise $400,000? Why does he need to buy a whole fucking college campus? What's the long-term plan to stay financially solvent? If he's not scamming, why such secrecy regarding financial details of the school?

Like this is straight up and down, open and shut, old school snake oil salesmanship. Not even discussing his opinions (which are disgusting and unsurprising with regards to black woman and black gays), there is nothing I've seen yet that this man would be able to ethically and efficiently lead a school, finance it properly, and put honest people in executive positions to execute his "vision".

The thought that not following or supporting him is tantamount to self hating is laughable, particularly as it relates to being a black woman. This fool can shit on black woman and state our life goal should be supplicants to black men, and you think we should be supporting that? Fuck outta here.
13222461, Besides the egomanic talk he does
Posted by Musa, Wed Dec-27-17 10:44 AM
you can assess the man is a fraud because of what actions?

Is the money still on gofundme?

Did he take the money out of gofundme?

Would he necessarily need to take the money out of gofundme when homie is speaking around the country and world constantly?

13222562, and this is why I think there's a GANG of intellectual dishonesty
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-27-17 08:49 PM
I would not be celebrating the downfall of a charlatan
if the nigga was not a fucking charlatan

just because a dude has a "good" idea doesn't make the person "good"
there's a few things I'll let go
but not being a woman-hating, gay conversion-therapy embracing ass nigga
who on top of those things is a fuckin' FRAUD.

like, the dude is a FRAUD.
the nigga is Donald Trump + Mike Pence in BLACKFACE.

but because "he wants to open up a school for black boys" you gotta be an enemy of Black empowerment?

NIGGA, FUCK YOU.
AND SUCK MY DICK.

I don't give a fuck. You don't see me shitting on no one else advocating and/or doing this shit, but y'all got the capes out for THIS DUDE.

make it a class war all you want. You can still suck my dick.

Claw out.
13222563, ^^^^
Posted by akon, Wed Dec-27-17 09:25 PM
*everything including suck my dick*
13222572, I ain't got a dog in this fight BUT
Posted by kayru99, Thu Dec-28-17 01:33 AM
You can't shit on Umar as a charlatan and ride for:

Obama
The DNC
The DLC
Hillary
Black Lives Matters
The Root
Very Smart Brothas.

Umar may very well be crooked (again, I got no opinion of him, really), but his appeal to working poor black folks is pretty understandable. And he ain't NOWHERE NEAR as corrupt or harmful to the black community as the above people.
But those folks are accepted by large chunks of middle class black folks unconditionally.
That's partly what I mean by class war...the outrage from a certain class of black folks only punches down.
13222573, I don't give money to the nonexistent VSB school either
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Dec-28-17 02:57 AM
what the fuck is wrong with you.

13222581, You probably don't give money for toothpaste or soap
Posted by Musa, Thu Dec-28-17 08:18 AM
either...

But that ain't the point.
13222582, WHERE I AM AT WITH IT ^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by Musa, Thu Dec-28-17 08:20 AM
so much vitriol and animation for a suspected scammer who got a gofundme with a few hundred thousand on it

but....

the people you named are just a short list of mofos who have scammed black folk.
13222583, its not even Claw specifically, for me
Posted by kayru99, Thu Dec-28-17 09:30 AM
It's the overall weirdly hyperintense critique of things that don't fall in that solidly, "respectable black middle class" worldview that is the dominant narrative of black people online.

How many pieces have been written about Umar being shady and worthy of derision?
But his audience supports him because he critiques the shitty educational policy enacted by the Clintons and furthered by every President since.
THAT is worth exploring by the buppie blogger class...but ain't no money in that shit, lol

13222587, Because you don't bite the hand that feeds you
Posted by Musa, Thu Dec-28-17 10:12 AM
even if it is crumbs.

A lot of the modern most popular academics are soft and coddling whitensses/racism and all of it's tentacles.

Many so called middle class blacks serve as loyal guard dogs for status quo.
13222726, ^^^^^
Posted by EAS, Thu Dec-28-17 11:38 PM
so fuckin' true.
13223345, damn
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Jan-03-18 04:48 PM
13223349, imagine being such a loser that you think these scammers
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Jan-03-18 05:04 PM
are fighting the status quo.

13222592, I never knew how to verbalize this phenomenon but you
Posted by ambient1, Thu Dec-28-17 11:01 AM
just did it very succinctly

>> "weirdly hyperintense critique of things that don't fall in that solidly, "respectable black middle class" worldview that is the dominant narrative of black people online."

I've been saying this for IDK how long...even gotten into minor debates here abt how one group(poor/less educated blk) does NOT give nearly the amt of fux as the other(blk middle class) does abt them

ask poor folks how they feel abt those in the 'middle'...like damn near zilch...but you ask someone from the middle how they feel abt the bottom....they got dissertations/speeches/survival plans ready

it's an interesting dynamic I've been watching play out over the years...very interesting

this has nothing to do with Umar but moreso where we are
13222603, if it were only about 'respectability'
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-28-17 11:41 AM
I don't think there would be much of a discussion here.

Diallo Kenyatta is not one I would confuse as the "buppie blogger class" who has said the same exact things about Umar as I and others have. in fact, his Umar critiques sound a lot like Cornel West and Adolph Reed talking about TNC, LOL.

Umar is getting the attention, because people are seeing him re-blogged, his Youtubes are showing up, and he's made appearances in various places. Umar is -out there-. Thus there's a lot of documentation on how this dude gets down, at least in the store of ideas (except on how his crowdfunds are being dispersed).

VSB and The Root are going at dude because they, too, are popular and most of the people reading would give a shit.

in short: the objections people have against Umar are not only "respectable middle class" concerns and they shouldn't be cast as such.

13222624, nah. that's not what I'm saying
Posted by kayru99, Thu Dec-28-17 12:26 PM
I don't think *all* critiques of Umar are about respectability politics.
I think that there *is* a tone to *some* of the critiques of buddy that are Talented Tenth-y like hell, tho. And it mirrors the tone of the critique of certain working class/rural Black ideologies/movements.

The Root/VSB/Univision is all about catering to THAT audience, so a lot of the shit they publish has that voice/perspective. And shapes it too
13222650, so something like
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-28-17 01:42 PM
>I think that there *is* a tone to *some* of the critiques of
>buddy that are Talented Tenth-y like hell, tho. And it
>mirrors the tone of the critique of certain working
>class/rural Black ideologies/movements.

the jokes about "Hotep Hogwarts" and the like?
perhaps giving the air of "look at this Negro trying to make a Blackity-Black school" beneath the legit issues dude has?

because then, I could see it.

or at least the annoyance with the POV at least.

at the same time I see no one (there or elsewhere) clowning what is going on in Jackson, Mississippi. even over there. in fact, what the Lumumbas (RIP Chokwe) have been able to accomplish there thus far is amazing.

I do think that problematic aspects of these ideologies and movies do need to be addressed, however.
13222655, Re: Lumumba, we'll see
Posted by kayru99, Thu Dec-28-17 02:05 PM
Depends upon what his next steps are. While they ain't critiquing him, they sure ain't supporting/trumpeting him either.

Re: the dismissal of "blackity black" stuff...yes, that, definitely. AND very very shitty, empty representational politics that's tokenism in a new shirt.
13225096, But Umar and his followers are also complicit in advocating
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Thu Jan-11-18 11:51 AM
some of those same respectability politics. It just manifests itself differently, and black working class folks have less power to implement them. As a leader, Umar should be pushing people past those ridiculous idea towards freedom, but he doesn't. He simply plays upon the fears and biases of working class black folks so he can get paid.
13222666, *hearts for eyes*
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Dec-28-17 03:27 PM
13222617, let me flip it: if this post was about Eddie Long or Creflo Dollar
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-28-17 12:02 PM
would y'all be mad?
13222625, I'd still be indifferent mainly because
Posted by Musa, Thu Dec-28-17 12:27 PM
they are super apolitical and devoid of what the Black church in its prime was the political and cultural center of our human rights movement in the mainstream.

Now it's all about money and they really don't front about their prosperity preaching.

I haven't given any money to Umar's fundraiser for his school but hey if he doesn't open a school sure he is a fraud but his political views are the cause of a lot of the angst against him(not saying you).

If he was waving the GLAAD flag instead of RBG and speaking along the lines of popular black academics then few would be quick to call homie a fraud.

I'm a skeptic but I can see both sides.
13222633, Nah. They're way more dangerous than Umar
Posted by kayru99, Thu Dec-28-17 12:54 PM
And I'm not a fan of Umar, or a detractor.
I'm totally neutral on dude.
I'm just wary of certain approaches to/critiques of grassroots Black activism.
13222661, I'M TOTALLY NEUTRAL
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Dec-28-17 03:11 PM
I just think people shouldn't call out his con for what it is.

13222674, I'm still waiting for someone...
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Dec-28-17 03:44 PM
... besides Shygurl or Dr. Claw to address him being a woman-hating homophobic pig instead of hitting me with some 'All Lives Matter,' "What about black-on-black crime?" bullshit about this school.

That's gucci wit'chall? Like how he talks about women and the LGBTQ community is cool for someone running a school for black boys?

Oh.

Edited to add:

He'd never get a dime of mine. Not because I think he's a fraud (he is), but because he's a homophobic misogynist who I'd want NOTHING to do with any children... black or otherwise.
13222679, RE: I'm still waiting for someone...
Posted by double 0, Thu Dec-28-17 04:10 PM
Because they agree with him..

13222719, I don't care about Umar Johnson
Posted by kayru99, Thu Dec-28-17 10:46 PM
I'm more concerned about how parts of our community approach bottom up approaches to folks dealing with problems that affect their lives.

If he's homophobic and sexist, sure, that's terrible.
If he's been practicing without a license he should be in jail.

But how many black families sent their kids to white, religious private schools that historically & institutionally are more homophobic and sexist, all in pursuit of a "better education"?
The entire northern private Catholic school system and the entire Southern private Protestant schools are BUILT on racism, sexism, and homophobia (against the students, at least).

The selectively higher bar for poor black people is interesting

13222742, OK. I got time today.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Fri Dec-29-17 09:22 AM
>I'm more concerned about how parts of our community approach bottom up approaches to folks dealing with problems that affect their lives.<

Heard.

>If he's homophobic and sexist, sure, that's terrible.<

He is. This is well documented but conveniently left out of this *points above* conversation. Not one person who is pushing back on folks' disdain for him has even touched it, yet it is the very reason most don't fuck with him. Folks got their fingers firmly stuck in the ears on some, 'But what about black-on-black crime?' FOH

>If he's been practicing without a license he should be in jail.<

Agree.

>But how many black families sent their kids to white,
>religious private schools that historically & institutionally
>are more homophobic and sexist, all in pursuit of a "better
>education"?

See and this is where I gotta push back.

1. "More" homophobic and sexist? I'd need receipts, but that is a minor point and not at all what this is about;

2. The list of institutions that are historically & institutionally built on homophobia and sexism is long. Real long. We'd never go to any school, use any consumer product, work for any company, hell live in the U.S. if our barometer was calibrated to the foundation these institutions were built on, unfortunately.

3. Your example is not apples-to-apples. If there were a founder or leader of a white, religious private school loudly spewing this kind of hate, my response would be the same. Fuck *insert leader*, the school, and I'd want them or their institutions nowhere near my children. You're comparing institutions that may have been built on it, to a person trying to start a school WHOSE ENTIRE NARRATIVE is anchored by hate of black women and the LGBTQ community. Could I make a case for parents needing to be more diligent about understanding the schools they send their children to so that the understand its history? Sure. But knowing that Catholicism, for example, has traditionally been pretty sexist and outwardly homophobic and still sending your kid to a Catholic school is *miles* away from sending your kid to a school whose founder or leader believes that single black mothers 'psychologically castrate' their sons and that's why they "turn" gay.

>The entire northern private Catholic school system and the
>entire Southern private Protestant schools are BUILT on
>racism, sexism, and homophobia (against the students, at
>least).
>
>The selectively higher bar for poor black people is
>interesting

This is not about money or class and I'm struggling to understand how you got there. Is Umar's school gonna be free? Is that the distinction you're making? If so, I guess... maybe I can follow your thinking but it still falls off a cliff because HE'S A MISOGYNIST HOMOPHOBE. Full stop. Shouldn't the conversation end there? Is there anything else to question about why folks don't fuck with him? Why isn't it enough that he's really a horrible influence on our community and shouldn't have anything to do with educating anyone, least of all our children. I take issue with the idea that class is the driver and not just common fuckin' sense as in... I don't want this clown educating or having ANYTHING to do with my children and I'm horrified that the community keeps giving him a platform. Poor black people don't think that way, too?

13222799, The class element:
Posted by kayru99, Fri Dec-29-17 02:42 PM
Umar's audience appears to be working class/poor black folks with kids in public schools.
Those kids, especially the darker boys, have been in a crisis for a couple of decades now.
There's a ton of data about that.
For some of those folks, the manifestation of homophobia and misogyny (cuz there's waaaaaay more than one manifestation) that Umar represents is irrelevant to their lives, and the schooling of their kids. Or at the very least, its something they're not pressed about. Matter of fact, the people who have been telling me about him THE MOST in the real world are blue collar single moms and public school teachers.

Dude could very likely be Educational Rev. Ike. But instead of celebrating his downfall, ask why are the people so pressed for a different educational option? And what can be done to meet their needs? Why/what is he offering that seems so attractive?
And if you think the answer to any of those questions is "an institutional hatred of women and gays", I'd say you're incredibly wrong.

Focus less on the man, and more on what the popularity of the man's goals means.

And if you need receipts on the Catholic church's misogyny, racism and homophobia...I really got no idea what to tell you. It's an institution that was instrumental in colonization of the New World. One dude who makes speeches/works as a counselor couldn't come close if he lived for 600 years.
13222803, Ah.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Fri Dec-29-17 03:21 PM
>Umar's audience appears to be working class/poor black folks with kids in public schools.<

OK. This is where it comes from and now I get it. I'll only say that that was never the lens through which I viewed his ______, but I see where you're coming from. If that is the case, then absolutely, there's a class piece that bears assessing.

>Those kids, especially the darker boys, have been in a crisis for a couple of decades now. There's a ton of data about that.

No one's arguing that. Not at all. Like no one's arguing the need.

>For some of those folks, the manifestation of homophobia and misogyny (cuz there's waaaaaay more than one manifestation)<

I'm choosing not to address this because the rabbit hole is too deep.

>...that Umar represents is irrelevant to their lives, and the schooling of their kids. Or at the very least, its something they're not pressed about.<

I mean... I guess I can see how misogyny and homophobia are a minor point in the overall need or desire to get their children a better education. And without being dismissive of that urgency, I submit that we, as a collective, should NOT see this as a minor point. It is WHOLLY problematic and doesn't serve those boys or the community.

>Matter of fact, the people who have been telling me about him THE MOST in the real world are blue collar single moms and public school teachers.<

Got it. By contrast, I know about him and his bullshit through totally different circles.

>Dude could very likely be Educational Rev. Ike. But instead of celebrating his downfall, ask why are the people so pressed for a different educational option?<

This is where, again, I take issue. I don't need you to explain this shit. What suggests that we -- those who want him to die in a fire -- don't get that? Who is pushing back against bottom up educational strategies for our children? Who thinks the need doesn't exist? It's offensive to suggest that just because I think he's a horror show and shouldn't be allowed to say 'children,' that that means I don't think the need is there. WTF?

>And what can be done to meet their needs? Why/what is he offering that seems so
attractive?<

100% with you here too.

>And if you think the answer to any of those questions is "an institutional hatred of women and gays", I'd say you're incredibly wrong.<

:-/ Again, I submit that this institutional hatred you say isn't the driver (and, for the record, I *might* grant you that), is AT MINIMUM a passenger on this ride and no one should be OK with that.

>Focus less on the man, and more on what the popularity of the man's goals means.<

The post was about him. I responded in kind because of the willful fucking ignorance of all of his supporters in this post. Your response was about the class distinction between his supporters and those who don't support him. I challenged that. Make a post about educating black children, and I'll respond to that as well.

>And if you need receipts on the Catholic church's misogyny, racism and homophobia...I really got no idea what to tell you.<

That's not what I said. I said -- somewhat facetiously -- that I need receipts on the Catholic church being "MORE" homophobic and misogynistic than this asshat. Size, age, and influence matter. But again... that's the minorest of points. I don't care about that, and have already agreed about the institutional shitshow that is the Catholic church. Again, I don't need you to educate me.

13225074, "may have"?? Fair to say all majority white schools are racist
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-11-18 11:03 AM
because you can't have a a large group of whites and there not be any racism and historically speaking... come on
13225130, :-/
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Jan-11-18 01:21 PM
Of everything I said, you choose to focus on those two words? Your agenda is showing.

That said, I'll concede that 'may have' doesn't accurately describe the racist foundations upon which these foundations were built. Them shits is racist AF.

Now what? You gonna continue to 'what about black-on-black crime' me or are we gonna focus, instead, on this horrible piece of shit that folks are defending?

13222722, Then ask people directly w/o this scary, "I'm waiting" stuff.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Dec-28-17 11:08 PM
As for me, I know how to talk directly TO people,
so my question to you is...
Why do you call him "woman-hating"?
(I already know why you'd say he's 'homophobic'...
provided you're not just parroting that b/c others
said it)

13222724, you wouldn't be a fan if he weren't
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Dec-28-17 11:11 PM

13222745, Because he hates women.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Fri Dec-29-17 09:48 AM
Duh. But specifically, a few very small gems...

- Suggests black single mothers are the reason for black homosexuality
- Says that black women that like wild sex have mental issues
- Says that black women's menstrual cycle is the result of a European virus (point of clarification: I can't remember if this was him, Tariq, or Boyce but they're all the fucking same so it doesn't really matter).

Finally... I don't need to parrot shit, so FOH. Unfortunately, I'm way too familiar with this idiot's narrative. And the bottom line is: he's a horrible homophobic, woman-hating pig and we need to stop making space for him and his ilk in any effort or movement to unify our community. He is harmful and divisive and, to quote the brilliant lovebug Dr. Claw, anyone who supports him or anyone like him can suck a dick.

13222787, It doesn't sound like you've actually heard any of these.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-29-17 01:44 PM
>- Suggests black single mothers are the reason for black
>homosexuality

"Suggests" is an interesting word choice (it's the
same one a certain article about him uses, but you're
not parroting anyone's views lol). How does he "suggest"
this? What is the statement and the context of it?
Did he blame single motherhood on either parent?
Speaking of which, he blames fatherlessness for issues that
children have as well, so why aren't you saying he hates
Black men too? The statement above could just as easily
mean he hates Black men if that's what you're taking from
it. Not even I agree with all his views on homosexuality,
but that's no reason to make stuff up.

>- Says that black women that like wild sex have mental issues

He actually said it was "likely", and that comes from
a lecture specifically for women. Beyond that, sexuality
is linked to the subconscious mind for all people. That's
actually not even a controversial concept, so what specific
"mental issues" were he addressing here? If you can
tell me with a straight face that "Slave Pussy" and anyone
desiring that kind of role play doesn't have psychological
issues, then you've got to be kidding.

>- Says that black women's menstrual cycle is the result of a
>European virus (point of clarification: I can't remember if
>this was him, Tariq, or Boyce but they're all the fucking same
>so it doesn't really matter).

I actually haven't heard that one, but I'd wager it
wasn't Tariq or Boyce (the fact that you think
they're all the same is ridiculous, as they both seem
to have distanced themselves from Umar... Boyce even
has a video titled "why I'm not a fan of Umar Johnson").
They definitely are NOT all the same, and that's a
highly irresponsible statement to make (I know exactly
what site you got that from btw, but you continue to
lie and say you aren't parroting anyone's views).
At any rate, that'd be interesting if you could show
me where he said that. It sounds like something rather
crazy to say... but hey, prove he said it.

13222790, LOL. Gotta prove he said it.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-29-17 02:00 PM
He doesn't have to prove he's actually building a school or....doing anything at all.

it's almost like "proof" isn't what you want.

13222795, Sigh. I’m not doing this.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Fri Dec-29-17 02:16 PM
I started with a thoughtful response but ultimately, I simply have no energy for anyone who defends him. He’s a pig and anyone defending him is deep in the sunken place and someone else will have to try and save y’all. I’ve already exceed my fucking quota on that shit. His rhetoric is harmful and divisive and there (should be) no place for him in the community. Anyone who DOESN’T think that is beyond any superpower rations I may have reserved for this particular brand of fuckery.

FTR, you don’t know anything about me, my work, or what I know so LOL at the idea that I have to prove anything to you. Feel free to refer to Dr. Claw’s post for my POV on that.
13222800, Of course you aren't.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-29-17 03:00 PM
>so LOL at the idea that I have to prove anything to you.

It always comes to "I don't have to prove anything"
with those of you who don't actually know what you're
talking about. If you can't prove anything you say,
your contribution is useless.
You want to create an environment where you can say
any ol thing and have people accept it as truth.
In that case, you're exactly what you accuse Umar Johnson of being.

And that's how we get lies like "Black men are he #1
killers of Black women" from Jamilah Lemieux on a
major platform, b/c yall get gullible ppl to accept
the idea that no proof is required in discussion.
THAT is the real "sunken place" rhetoric and approach.

>FTR, you don’t know anything about me, my work, or what I
>know

Exactly. I only know what you say here, and that
has been alotta words with no proof. This is how
YOU have chosen to present yourself.

>I started with a thoughtful response

No you didn't lol. You started with unfounded
accusations that you can't substantiate, and that's
why you're "not doing this" now that you've been
asked to substantiate your claims.

13222801, K
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Fri Dec-29-17 03:01 PM
13222809, :-)
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-29-17 03:52 PM
13222806, If you can't prove anything.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-29-17 03:37 PM
*can't prove umar actually does anything at all for the community*

13222817, Dr. Poomar in action:
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-29-17 05:10 PM
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtkcMy5a9fs

at 4:13 - Poomar sites dubious "research" by the FDA that vaccines cause autism.

later, he goes on an UNSCIENTIFIC rant about the role of white supremacy in health care (or lack thereof) in black children.

and says that black children should not be immunized or go to mental health professionals (psychiatrists) because of it.

even if I give him a pass on "metabolize" vs. "metastasize" earlier on the video w/regard to the damage drugs can do to the human body, there's all kinds of fallacious arguments being tossed about. said, "there's no discipline" because of single mothers. going full conspiracy brother about ADD v. ADHD. making a weak connection from baby formula to psychotropic drugs because they come from the same community.

link 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRZGkaDWP-c

on homosexuality, Poomar says (at 1:20):

"I treat homosexuality and lesbianism as a mental disorder, which is what it has been for all of African history and all of American history until 1973."

I seem to remember another person who claimed that homosexuality was a European import, of African origin, even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZuhvMBp4Cs

Poomar goes on to blame the Rockefeller Population Council and Planned Parenthood (using the ages-old trope of "they made the black women have abortions") as the reason for the change. Poomar goes on further to speak that because of European and Arab influence, that a social order of "homosexual supremacy" was imposed upon Black people, under which in order to be successful in various arenas, including athleticism, the clergy, and entrepreneurship, you must "bend over".

...and this is the dude who aims to open a place of education for black boys. I hope that in such a school, THIS line of thought isn't taught.

again this post is about Poomar, not the concept of building one's own alternative schools seperate from the public system, which is increasingly being pushed toward failure, which has been under constant assault wherever Black people attend since Brown v. Board.

and goddamn right I'm gonna celebrate his downfall. let someone, anyone who don't suck handle this.
13222822, RE: Dr. Poomar in action:
Posted by double 0, Fri Dec-29-17 06:55 PM
The fact this nigga was in Hidden Colors should be enough...

But alas.. u bringeth the receipts

13222824, So was Michelle Alexander
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-29-17 08:02 PM
>this nigga was in Hidden Colors

So what is this observation proving, sir?

13222841, RE: So was Michelle Alexander
Posted by double 0, Fri Dec-29-17 11:01 PM
Michelle Alexander has reciepts ... them other dudes don't
13222844, You're just lying habitually at this point lol.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-29-17 11:17 PM
She's definitely not the only well-researched
person in the docu-series.

Joy Degruy ... nah no receipts according to you
Claud Anderson ... no receipts according to you
Robin Walker ... no receipts according to you
and those are just my favorite ppl in the series.

You couldn't just settle for the little lies,
you had to go BIG, lol. Of course you don't
care about the accuracy of your statements tho.
You just lie like breathing air. Despicable.

13222823, And none of these prove that he's a woman hater.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-29-17 07:58 PM
So yall got proof or just making random accusations?

I'll start with the only things that even mention
women in your whole reply:

>"there's no discipline" because of single mothers

So let's at least take the whole sentence instead of this phrase-pickin yall are doing. He said "You only need drugs when there's no discipline, and when you have most of our sons being raised by single parent mothers with no help from the men in the community, there's no discipline, necessitating the need for drugs in the school."
Now that is a blanket statement to suggest that drugs are NEVER necessary, and to criticize it as a blanket statement is totally valid. Yet, if you are suggesting that Black boys aren't unnecessarily diagnosed with disorders and learning disabilities at a highly disparate rate, you'd be mistaken. If you also want to suggest that the presence of a (good) father in the home does not improve linguistic and cognitive capacities, level of academic readiness upon starting school, emotional security, confidence exploring surroundings, connections with peers, and make on less likely to get in trouble at home, school, and in the neighborhood, AND if you want to suggest that boys who see their father treating their mother respectfully aren't less likely to act aggressively toward women, you'd also be mistaken there.

As for the abortion issue, I'd be very surprised if he said "they MAKE Black women have abortions" rather than Black women being encouraged to do so. If you think limiting the number of Black babies born isn't a huge part of racism, there's a lot of historic and present ground you need to cover with regard to racism. His explanation of it is usually off or over-simplified (that would be another valid critique), but that definitely isn't a tin-foil-hat concept.

As for his adherence to the DSM's view of homosexuality...

>"I treat homosexuality and lesbianism as a mental disorder,
>which is what it has been for all of African history and
>all of American history until 1973."

It seems that your problem is what's before the comma (yet another valid criticism, all things considered), b/c he isn't lying about it being considered a mental illness until 1973. My issue with him there is that he recognizes America as a terrorist/oppressive society but uses its view, seemingly to validate his own, in this instance without even a disclaimer from what I've seen.
I'm not sure whether you share my view here or if your gripe is that he recognizes the pre-1973 DSM view and the reason it was changed.
Other than that, one would have to argue his assertion that homosexuality is an outgrowth of greco-roman culture. It's actually not arguable that white supremacy has been homo-erotic toward Black males since slavery.
I tend not to agree with him that Black people can't be born gay, but I also think there's merit to some of the things he says about experimentation and lack of guidance/examples. I've known people to attest to that from experience.

Ultimately, his views of abortion, homosexuality and interracial relationships lead to the same road... and that is combating the ongoing racism of increasing white births while limiting/preventing Black ones. As I've stated, there's quite a bit about his message that worthy of critique w/o having to fabricate anything... but this continued refusal to even quote the full sentence when quoting him just lends itself to an agenda that yall either refuse to own up to or don't realize you're a part of.

13222853, 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Dec-30-17 07:17 AM
NO PROOOOOOOOF

13222859, aight
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Dec-30-17 09:25 AM
>Ultimately, his views of abortion, homosexuality and
>interracial relationships lead to the same road... and that is
>combating the ongoing racism of increasing white births while
>limiting/preventing Black ones. As I've stated, there's quite
>a bit about his message that worthy of critique w/o having to
>fabricate anything... but this continued refusal to even quote
>the full sentence when quoting him just lends itself to an
>agenda that yall either refuse to own up to or don't realize
>you're a part of.

the agenda that I'm owning up to: Jermaine "Umar Ittapupu" Shoemake is a fraud, whose arguments are heavily steeped in unsubstantiated, unscientific, bigoted bullshit.

there's nothing larger than that.

the idea that there's some grand conspiracy to keep Black people from reproducing via -induced- homosexuality and the encouragement of abortion is heavily disconnected from reality.

and there's no fabrication. you saw the video and the quotes.

and I'm sorry, saying that there's no discipline because of single mothers is a misogynistic statement.
13222861, RE: aight
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Dec-30-17 10:20 AM
>the idea that there's some grand conspiracy to keep Black
>people from reproducing via -induced- homosexuality and the
>encouragement of abortion is heavily disconnected from
>reality.

Eh, the -induced- homosexuality point is rather clumsy,
but again, targeting Black women for abortion isn't a
conspiracy. It's a fact that anybody claiming to care
about our community should be aware of. Saying that
it's "heavily disconnected from reality" is, frankly,
just plain ignorant.

https://oneofus.eu/2017/03/planned-parenthood-targets-black-women-with-abortion-79-of-their-clinics-are-in-minority-neighborhoods/

http://freebeacon.com/issues/planned-parenthood-targets-black-women-message-abortions-safe/

There's also history of Black population control with things like the Homestead Acts which provided white settlers free land in America to keep the percentage of white people higher than that of free Black folks. Even Jane Elliot talks about the racism of the white birth problem when she explains about the book the Birth Dearth... not to mention lynch mobs killing Black folks for fun... or the founder of Planned Parenthood being a eugenist who wanted Black people exterminated... just giving you the easy-to-find stuff here, but I feel like these are things you should be aware of if you're calling yourself trying to have a serious discussion with me. Look them up tho. You really shouldn't be a grown Black man thinking that limiting the Black population is a conspiracy. Black death and incarceration rates should make you rethink that even w/o all the other evidence. Like, how are you even trying to have this conversation w/o understanding such a core tenet of racism?

>and I'm sorry, saying that there's no discipline because of
>single mothers is a misogynistic statement.

Except that's not the whole of what he said. In reference
to what he DID say tho, your beef is with the studies
suggesting that it's true... as I suggested in a previous
reply.

13222825, Thank you.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Fri Dec-29-17 08:03 PM
I don’t have the energy for anyone who defends this fucktard, so thank you. At minimum, there’s nothing credible about him so folks twisting thmselves into knots to defend a motherfucker who don’t even make good sense *and* wants to be responsible for educating our boys is beyond weird.

P. S. Has anyone looked up/found his published work?
13222827, He says he's addressing Tariq Nasheed and Boyce tonight
Posted by ProgressiveSound, Fri Dec-29-17 08:40 PM
Tariq says bring it on.

This should be good lol
13222842, RE: He says he's addressing Tariq Nasheed and Boyce tonight
Posted by double 0, Fri Dec-29-17 11:03 PM
Ank Fight
13222849, Well
Posted by ProgressiveSound, Sat Dec-30-17 12:31 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/mellowmilez/status/946975785537212416/photo/1
13222852, you must think that was clever
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sat Dec-30-17 06:47 AM
13222854, just admit you love those losers
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Dec-30-17 07:18 AM

13222857, all the excuses and dodges and twists
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Dec-30-17 08:57 AM
AND the strawmen over people who bring the posts.

anyway, if y'all like this, here's Tariq Nasheed's response!!!

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFotDNn95Vg&feature=share
13222865, I never said I supported Umar
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sat Dec-30-17 12:56 PM
that's an assumption y'all made. I hope anybody that turns traitor to their people gets handled like one.
13222870, bruh, if your problem is people disrespecting the ankh
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Dec-30-17 02:06 PM
go after the folks rocking it while they do their dirt.

if all you do is show up to say DON'T CLOWN THE ANKHHHHSS

then it kinda seems like you're ignoring a small element.

13222855, He created it himself, brother
Posted by ProgressiveSound, Sat Dec-30-17 07:41 AM
What you want me to do
13222863, tariq nasheed roasts poomar (vid)
Posted by Reeq, Sat Dec-30-17 11:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFotDNn95Vg

umar going at tariq and boyce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUUNTd2BreY

these niggas are a whole clown.
every.single.one.of.them.

lol @ any intelligent self-respecting black person getting okiedoked by these dudes.
thats some shit yall niggas gotta deal with on the inside.
13222899, ^^^^
Posted by seasoned vet, Sat Dec-30-17 09:42 PM
13222903, DAMN. Dis ninja Tariq pulled a Hov on Sun(c)SummerJam
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Dec-30-17 10:59 PM
When he posted the herpes pic it was a wrap!

NGCCOT!

13222908, made it about 3 minutes in and turned it off
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sun Dec-31-17 06:24 AM
I really wish these people would something constructive to do, but I guess that would go against the whole point.
13222920, Yeah, how can any self-respecting person watch that video without the
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Dec-31-17 04:44 PM
urge to turn it off after 2 minutes??? Like what is there to gain from watching people act on that level? How is that entertainment? That's just pathetic and sad.

Both those guys need serious help...
13222925, makes you wonder who is actually supporting
Posted by tariqhu, Sun Dec-31-17 06:57 PM
either of them. both just seem like clowns.

I got about 30 secs on both vids.
13222942, hotep niggas say nigga alot
Posted by SooperEgo, Mon Jan-01-18 06:52 AM
13222944, Says hotep doesn't know what hotep means
Posted by Musa, Mon Jan-01-18 09:14 AM
just like a nigga.
13223354, nigga please
Posted by SooperEgo, Wed Jan-03-18 05:17 PM
13224464, Basically!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Jan-09-18 11:30 AM
Chris Rock be damned.

13223410, yikes...this was...something
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jan-04-18 08:45 AM
13224347, What the hell is this shit?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-08-18 07:36 PM
13225015, Made it through Tariq's. think I'm tapped out
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Jan-11-18 07:36 AM
13222864, Sad homie is acting really and out of order
Posted by Musa, Sat Dec-30-17 11:45 AM
he clearly has some issues needs to get out probably from childhood.

With that said Tariq ethered him.
13222922, Do yall mofo's not remember Dr. York?
Posted by imcvspl, Sun Dec-31-17 05:22 PM

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
13222933, kinda hard to forget a guy that built actual pyramids
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sun Dec-31-17 08:54 PM
and had a whole compound to go along with it. But I don't think people pay as close attention to that whole thing as they should.
13224756, don't forget the forbidden kung fu
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Jan-10-18 10:08 AM
13222996, How could I forget him
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-02-18 10:54 AM
especially the way dude went out
and also because he had fuckin' R&B albums out in the '80s and shit.
13225646, Key - they both had action figures of themselves
Posted by Riot, Sat Jan-13-18 10:31 AM
Man we need some black nerd RobotChicken to collect all these toys and come up with a comedy sketch
13222941, I’ll gofund Umar and Nasheed if they have that boxing match.
Posted by IkeMoses, Mon Jan-01-18 05:02 AM
These niggas already made a mockery of the struggle with their petty ass Instagram beef.

The least they could do for the Afrikan Diaspora at this point is provide us with some entertainment in the form of a three round exhibition boxing match.
13223406, The Yellow Cake dude from Chappelle show can be the announcer
Posted by Castro, Thu Jan-04-18 07:46 AM
"STRAIGHT FROM MUHPHUCKIN CHATSWORTH...THE HEART OF COONERY"
13224328, "Court" is now in session
Posted by Riot, Mon Jan-08-18 05:51 PM
Ummm the 'prosecutor' is showing clips from the breakfast club morning show (and could care less about this case from what i see. Same with the judge)

As big a clown as Umar is, the 'appeal to the state' fake chess move to get him out the paint is also trash

If anything this will just gave him a victory after a few weeks of public Ls

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215243643308482&id=1356006100

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215244361406434&id=1356006100
13224333, Dr. Umar Johnson's Speech After Leaving Court Hearing
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jan-08-18 06:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvES6CarYs
13224741, courtroom footage: https://youtu.be/rm72F2JLjbA
Posted by seasoned vet, Wed Jan-10-18 09:50 AM
did they really queue up The Breakfast Club as evidence?

13224755, mwom womp womp mwom mwom mwom mwom mwomp mwomp
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Jan-10-18 10:07 AM
13224760, kangaroo court/board
Posted by Lurkmode, Wed Jan-10-18 10:11 AM
n/m
13225083, The man is a disgrace...smdh
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Thu Jan-11-18 11:17 AM
Sadly, there's a heap of"Pan-Africanist" fakes ready to grab is spot. There's literally some hoteper factory churning them out here in Philly.
13225087, Exactly why is this man considered as a disgrace by you?
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jan-11-18 11:22 AM

13225091, A short list
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Thu Jan-11-18 11:32 AM
-Misogyny
-Homophobia
-Respectability politics
-Pseudo-scholarship
-Lying about his connection to Frederick Douglass (like who does that?)
-Womanizing/recent issues of domestic abuse claims/child support issues
-The ego and ridiculous conflicts with other black folks

I'm from Philly and have firsthand knowledge of heaps of other problematic shit he's done in activist spaces...for years. Umar should've stuck to the school psychology stuff. He was somewhat competent at that.
13225106, you dont believe his explanation about Frederick Douglass?
Posted by seasoned vet, Thu Jan-11-18 12:11 PM
13225159, Ha!! nm
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Thu Jan-11-18 02:21 PM
13225123, RE: A short list
Posted by Case_One, Thu Jan-11-18 12:58 PM
>-Misogyny - Debatable
>-Homophobia - Nah, that's some false flag claim
>-Respectability politics - Huh?
>-Pseudo-scholarship - What is this?
>-Lying about his connection to Frederick Douglass (like who
>does that?) - He's cleared that up PLENTY OF TIMES
>-Womanizing/recent issues of domestic abuse claims/child support issues - Can't prove - a bunch of assumptions.
>-The ego and ridiculous conflicts with other black folks - Strong Balck Man. If he was White he'd be a GO GETTER!
>

13225131, LMAO.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Jan-11-18 01:23 PM
>>-Misogyny - Debatable
>>-Homophobia - Nah, that's some false flag claim
>>-Respectability politics - Huh?
>>-Pseudo-scholarship - What is this?
>>-Lying about his connection to Frederick Douglass (like who
>>does that?) - He's cleared that up PLENTY OF TIMES
>>-Womanizing/recent issues of domestic abuse claims/child
>support issues - Can't prove - a bunch of assumptions.
>>-The ego and ridiculous conflicts with other black folks -
>Strong Balck Man. If he was White he'd be a GO GETTER!

I can't, yo.
13225158, *blink* nm
Posted by afrogirl_lost, Thu Jan-11-18 02:20 PM
13225169, Post #108.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Thu Jan-11-18 02:33 PM
I simply opt out. My energy is better spent on those worth saving.
13225643, This is valid, he created these
Posted by isaaaa, Sat Jan-13-18 10:22 AM
>-Misogyny

>-Respectability politics

>-Womanizing/recent issues of domestic abuse claims/child
>support issues

13225969, lmao
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jan-15-18 02:14 PM
13226060, Not kidding, he's legit guilty of these
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jan-15-18 06:23 PM
3 issues in varying scale. That being said I'm not canceling him, nor do I expect "leaders" to be perfect. I prefer Dr. Umar over DeRay, Jay-Z, and everyone else on Twitter with a large white following.