Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRussells being the first hip-hop dude going down makes sense
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13213980&mesg_id=13220728
13220728, Russells being the first hip-hop dude going down makes sense
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Dec-16-17 09:46 AM
Just rapping about this with the missus and we were both wondering why there weren't more rap or music industry people being mentioned in the #meetoo knowing how fucked up the music industry is. Like where the Dame Dash stories?

Kind of came up with the theory is that everyone knows that people working in the music industry are POS so there aren't a lot of things that hip-hop people can do to surprise people. If you go Lil' Waynes room at 3AM most people will presume he is trying to f-.

The #metoo stories we have mostly heard have involved when these dude trick women or use their business image to get women in situations where they weren't expecting to get hit on or attacked.

Russell Simmons was the one hip-hop dude who had the image of a yoga practicing spiritually enlightened business man and that image he was able to use to get women in compromising situations that he could take advantage of them. Several of these story start with"I had been around Russell plenty of times and he was fine and that made me put my guard down..."

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"