Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTotal: Now nine women, four of whom say they were raped
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13213980&mesg_id=13220718
13220718, Total: Now nine women, four of whom say they were raped
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Sat Dec-16-17 09:01 AM
Number of women who "knew what was up" to be determined by y'all.

(CNN)The New York Police Department has opened an investigation into Russell Simmons based on media reports of multiple women coming forward to accuse the music mogul of sexual misconduct, including rape, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation said.

The NYPD can open an investigation without a complaint made directly to them, which is the case with Simmons. A group of women told their stories to the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times.
Brad Rose, an attorney for Simmons, released a statement Thursday night saying that "Russell Simmons fully supports and will cooperate with the police inquiry and is confident of a swift resolution."

In stories published Wednesday, nine women accused the media mogul of sexual harassment and assault, in incidents alleged to have occurred over decades. Four of those women, Drew Dixon, Toni Sallie, Tina Baker and Sherri Hines accuse Simmons of rape. CNN's policy is not to name victims of sexual assault or rape unless they make their names public.
CNN has not independently verified the women's stories and has reached out to them for comment.
Detectives in the NYPD Special Victims Unit are working to identify the seven women who made the accusations and are reaching out to them as part of the investigation.
In a statement to CNN, Simmons "vehemently" denied all the allegations. "These horrific accusations have shocked me to my core and all of my relations have been consensual," he said....

Detectives in the NYPD Special Victims Unit are working to identify the seven women who made the accusations and are reaching out to them as part of the investigation.
In a statement to CNN, Simmons "vehemently" denied all the allegations. "These horrific accusations have shocked me to my core and all of my relations have been consensual," he said.

DJTB YOMM