Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLena Dunham is trash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13213803&mesg_id=13213803
13213803, Lena Dunham is trash
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat Nov-18-17 09:41 AM
We should believe every woman who says eh was raped... unless it’s a friend of mine.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/lena-dunham-is-trash-1820565772

In today’s “some white feminists ain’t shit” news, Lena Dunham has proven once again that she’s a hot flaming garbage barge of trash, after defending a male writer on her defunct HBO series Girls, when it came to accusations that he raped a 17-year-old actress.

Girls writer Murray Miller has been accused of sexual assault by actress Aurora Perrineau. The incident allegedly occurred when the actress was 17-years-old.

Aurora, the 23-year-old daughter of Lost star Harold Perrineau, stated in a polygraph (that she passed) obtained by The Wrap that she met the writer when she was out with friends drinking and informed him she was underage. Miller then became drunk, and asked her friends for a ride home. Once they arrived to his house, everyone got out and went inside, but she only followed because she “felt like I had to go along with everyone else.”

“He was flirting with me. I told him repeatedly that I was 17 years old,” she said in the statement.

“At some point I woke up in Murray’s bed naked. He was on top of me having sexual intercourse with me. At no time did I consent to any sexual contact with Murray,” she said.

Aurora Perrineau filed a report on the alleged incident on Friday with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Now here’s where “feminism is for white women” comes into play. Just recently, Dunham said that all women should be believed when it comes to accusations of rape. But apparently that doesn’t apply to women who have allegedly been raped by her friends.

Dunham and Girls showrunner Jenni Konner issued a statement defending Miller:

During the windfall of deeply necessary accusations over the last few months in Hollywood, we have been thrilled to see so many women’s voices heard and dark experiences in this industry justified. It’s a hugely important time of change and, like every feminist in Hollywood and beyond, we celebrate. But during every time of change there are also incidences of the culture, in its enthusiasm and zeal, taking down the wrong targets. We believe, having worked closely with him for more than half a decade, that this is the case with Murray Miller. While our first instinct is to listen to every woman’s story, our insider knowledge of Murray’s situation makes us confident that sadly this accusation is one of the 3 percent of assault cases that are misreported every year. It is a true shame to add to that number, as outside of Hollywood women still struggle to be believed. We stand by Murray and this is all we’ll be saying about this issue.