Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhen I was young my dad hated MJordan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13213419&mesg_id=13225505
13225505, When I was young my dad hated MJordan
Posted by MEAT, Fri Jan-12-18 02:35 PM
Not that barbershop type of hate. That Dr J is better type of hate. But just that dude is a dirtbag and he doesn't get why people worship him. Recognized his basketball skill but didn't know that man and didn't let me worship him.

We used to go to the Cowboys training camp back when it was in Austin. Closest we could afford (free) for the NFL and people would go Gaga over that shit. He's politely get autographs for me, but wouldn't degrade himself to hunt down an Aikman or Smith in the way that other men did.

They were all basketball players and all football players representing a myriad of things. But at the end of the day they were just men.

A lot of people get caught in the titles. That man plays for the Chicago Bulls, that man plays for the historic Dallas Cowboys, that man was chosen to be the face of James Bond ... but the title doesn't imbue the men with anything. And if anything the men shape how we see the title and what the title is.

And that's something I'd never be able to get over with most men. Recognizing, even farcically, that they were something different than who they are because they have a title. Which is why there's nothing you can say to me about smiling and shaking Donald Trumps hand, just because he has a title. Because he is a terrible human being and you'd have to be willing to denigrate yourself, to pretend he's not.

Additionally, if a person like Donald Trump can hold the office. How prestigious is that office anyways.