Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'd like some feedback on a prototype please
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13212475&mesg_id=13212475
13212475, I'd like some feedback on a prototype please
Posted by Damali, Tue Nov-14-17 11:14 AM
This is for a Design Thinking class taught by some folks at IDEO

my group was charged with doing research around, and coming up with some type of prototype for addressing food waste in households

we have a few we are testing, so I'd like your feedback on the feasibility of this one..mostly

Would you use this if it were available? and if so, do you think you would waste less food because of it?

FYI i have no emotional attachment to this idea...so feel free to be as positive or negative about it as you'd like lol

The idea: an in-store supermarket display area where you can shop based on specific recipes

- the store would feature two or three recipes weekly, with take-away recipe cards (like Blue Apron)
-all the ingredients would be there in front of you to purchase in the quantity you need, specific to your portion sizes (i.e, you could buy one serving of each ingredient if you're just cooking for you, or 3 or 5 servings etc)
-the display would feature suggestions on how to have kids help prepare the meal
- the display would feature a tasting/sample of each completed recipe so you can try it before you buy it
-the store would give you a discount on the total price of the ingredients if you buy them all at once from the display.

Your thoughts?

d