Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThat's fair...we haven't seen anything like this. But my point is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13206640&mesg_id=13301313
13301313, That's fair...we haven't seen anything like this. But my point is
Posted by Stadiq, Mon Dec-10-18 06:02 PM

Those of us who doubt he will go to prison have things we can point to in order to support our skepticism.

All you can really say is "Trump dumb...FBI good...Mueller smart"

For things to go down the way you are saying they will, several prominent Republicans (from whoever ends up being his AG - most likely Barr- to McConnell to other Senators) need to turn on Trump.

That isn't going to happen IMO.

Hell, some of them may be caught up in this.

Or, Trump probably has dirt on them as well.

** Don't forget that Trump's stupidity could technically be used as a defense. They have to prove Trump knew he was acting illegally. Saying "nah judge, my client is dumb AF and didn't know" is actually pretty plausible if you want to find a way to defend him. AND the GOP can certainly make the defense publicly- they already have on other things.

"Trump is new to politics, he didn't know this was illegal...he's an outsider...etc" and his mouth breathing base will eat it up.

The GOP doesn't want to lose their base- the most hardcore Trumpians.

Basically, Republicans have a lot to lose and nothing really to gain.

At the end of the day, most of us expect rich, white, powerful men to continue to act like rich, white, powerful men.

You think they will somehow change their character.

I know its because you think the FBI has something ground breaking. But you also have to assume they care. I don't think they do.

Hell, hasn't Barr himself said in the past that a President is above the law?

Fast forward to after he is out of office? Maybe something happens. I still think its unlikely because democrats typically lack spine, and my guess is Amerikkka will be tired of the story by then.