Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is all i want fam.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13206640&mesg_id=13277332
13277332, this is all i want fam.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-01-18 11:53 AM
>I'm not necessarily saying that the left needs to go dive
>headfirst into the dirt with Repugs, quite the opposite. Just
>that we need to be far better at, as you rightfully said,
>seeing the big picture, being strategic, supporting/backing
>the folks who *can* win even if we may not fully agree with
>them, and not stepping on our own toes.

just making the smart decision based on whats actually feasible. repubs are signaling that theyre gonna make another run at repealing obamacare wholesale in 2019. lefties gotta be aware that if you sit out or vote 3rd party because the dem doesnt support medicare 4 all...you are essentially passing on someone who will at least protect the healthcare millions currently have...and help elect someone who will rip healthcare away from those same people.

i keep tryna remind folks about ralph nader. not only was he responsible for ushering in the global catastrophe of the bush administration...but he was the green party candidate on a lot of state ballots. so greenies tanked gore...who had an aggressive international climate change agreement ready to go back in the late 90s! he would have been a global leader on climate and the environment. instead we got president texas tea.

then in 2016 we had hillary clinton ready to continue/extend the paris climate accord after obama. but greenies voted for jill stein. now you see what we got.

history doesnt repeat itself but it often rhymes (c) mark twain