Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI have a friend doing this right now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13204322&mesg_id=13204620
13204620, I have a friend doing this right now
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Oct-21-17 10:00 AM
It's funny too because earlier in life I knew him in passing, he was like the best college friend of my best HS friend. My only impression of him was that this guy gets a ton of ass, he was a yoga instructor and triathlete and despite being kind of an average looking guy he fucked tons of hot college girls.

But more recently I've gotten to know him as he went through a mellowing phase and then got married. I wouldn't say he was a total scumfuck but he was definitely kind of greasy, more than I suspected.

He was considering a sort of amends process and the #MeToo thing--a really poignant and effective campaign despite (or perhaps because of) its loose organization--got him to finally do it.

Occasionally he posts responses with permission and anonymity and they are pretty eye-opening. Most women are not bitter or resentful, but they all remember what happened as if it never really left the fore of their mind. Most appreciate him reaching out and try to say they understood he had some positive energy but that shit that made them uncomfortable created a distance between them and this dude.

I think it's a great idea. Personally I don't have too many regrets about this and if I did I already resolved them (can think of a couple cases where I went back and apologized maybe a year after the fact). But I bet a lot of other dudes who were less conscientious, especially in their youth, could have a mutual building experience, gain some perspective and enrich their humility from this process.