Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti don't see why you'd be so defensive about racism and sexism being real
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13203735&mesg_id=13203819
13203819, i don't see why you'd be so defensive about racism and sexism being real
Posted by rob, Wed Oct-18-17 10:17 PM
i wasn't there, but where's the evidence that david cross is somehow the shining beacon in our society that couldn't possible be racist or sexist? todd fucking margaret? he doesn't get to wink and nod his way out of it and demean her instead of responding decently.

because if that's okay, then we're just going to slippery slope our way to grab em by the pussy. locker room talk. yes comedians talk that way to each other. that. is. what. we. mean. when. we. say. our. culture. is. racist. and. sexist.

yes producers talk about women that way. yes old white women in my city talk about people of color that way. how is that an excuse?

i also don't see why you'd think gaslighting is a new concept to me. i'm replying to the post title.

and this fucking week? this is the week you want to say, nah, david cross is cool. he hates the president. he makes jokes about close minded people. so of course, he's right, she's wrong. and if she's right, well, it doesn't matter, cause david cross was just trying to be funny.

fuck. that.

all he had to do was say...well, shit, it would be awful if i did that. i'm not perfect, and i am sure i have made mistakes. we can do better. i believe her.

and if he really means that talking to her in private shit, then have the decency to keep it private.

and let's be clear, i'm not accusing you of shit, but if you do want to push it, there are plenty of dudes on okp that have a history of feeling a certain way when these topics come up, and we see the patterns.

if you want to establish a pattern, dig that hole.