Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I don't disagree but didn't Dubois ultimately leave the US for Ghana
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13192182&mesg_id=13193191
13193191, RE: I don't disagree but didn't Dubois ultimately leave the US for Ghana
Posted by isaaaa, Sat Sep-09-17 10:19 AM
DuBois had the right to leave, he was old and he lived long enough to see how his methodology for Black Change/Struggle had failed. Although not a complete failure because revolution is a process, and he was a great part of the process. I met his Son or Grandson (also a Dr. Dubois) and I got to read some of his hand written letters, awesome experience paid for by W. Bush & the GOP.

>believing that there could be no true integration?
>
>Is Coats an integrationist? That doesn't appear to be his
>stance but I haven't read enough to really know one way or the
>other.

He (Coates) is currently the Black darling of the White Liberal Establishment, so I think we’ll have to wait for him to be replaced by a New Black darling before he can commit his talents and intelligence to more Racial analysis and advocacy. So right now he's a full fledged integrationist, his paychecks depend on it.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net