Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectReal nice. Beautiful city, cool people
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13191741&mesg_id=13194321
13194321, Real nice. Beautiful city, cool people
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Sep-13-17 05:02 PM
Saturday we flew in, got some history and info on the area from the cab driver who was australian. I was like man I know they have an accent but this shit is extra. Turns out he was just fuckin australian.

Yo we chilled then went to the strip and damned if mad shit wasn't closed by a little after 3pm. But it was at this point where I realized black and yellow is phenomenon. Black and yellow is a state of mind.

We were at an event for like all day and night so were out of pocket after that. Got to try some crazy breweries that they don't have in NYC. DC Brau, Rock Bottom, Grist House and a lot more.

Sunday we went back to the strip to get Pamela's. BRO. Let me tell you I got the hotcakes with bacon and a side of Pittsburgh hash and smashed it. She got the Morning After Breakfast Special and smashed it. Fucking incredible food and I dug the vibe.

Had to walk it off so we walked down the strip over the closest bridge then down the river to the Water Steps. Didn't hit the Andy Warhol unfortunately. But it was a beautiful walk. Crossed back over and hit The Point, chilled a little near the fountain, then walked over to the Duquesne Incline.

Later on that night we hit up The South Paw to watch the Monday Night Travesty. Talked to some local cats, one transplant from Brooklyn (white dude that said he was from Bed Stuy but I didn't buy it). He said he hated Pittsburgh cause of the people at first, but now he loves it cause of the people, something about not speaking very well etc. whatever. Local dude from the hood (said him and his brother and cousin there with him were from the hood anyway) was very talkative about Pittsburgh, being 40 and still getting in fights etc. Weird cause dude had the LA accent with the hoard oars and shit.

Driver on the way back asked if we were Puerto Rican and told us we had accents.

That's it though! Would have liked a couple more days to see the rest of the city.