Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectit's harder but you have to develop on how to spot opportunities
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13178077&mesg_id=13178190
13178190, it's harder but you have to develop on how to spot opportunities
Posted by final_prospect82, Thu Jul-27-17 11:35 AM
I have investments in Houston, NOLA, ATL, Bay Area, and Chicago.

Every time I go to these cities, I see ways to invest and make money. But I have to way risk/return: It's not about can I make money for a given risk level. I have to analyze if one investment in this city would yield enough return relative to making a similar investment elsewhere. There are other factors but that's where it starts.

But I've been thinking this way sing before I left high school. Investing in real estate runs in the family.

I have several friends/acquaintances making 5 figures that I have to convince investing $10k in a particular vehicle is a great opportunity. To them, they only see a blank canvas, whereas I can see a fully realized painting. And the friend's who end up passing, regret it down the line (I feel compelled to say, I'm not convincing them to invest with me, just that they should make the leap).

I'm developed enough that I can make money in any economic (bull or bear, growth or retraction), regional density/saturation etc.

In fact, my best investments are had with investments (and some of my worst losses) on the stock markets during an economic retraction or recession, or in terms of tanigle assets, in cities with high saturation.