Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat reason ? What position ?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13174365&mesg_id=13175415
13175415, What reason ? What position ?
Posted by Brew, Wed Jul-19-17 01:24 PM
What the hell are you talking about ?

>You make it sound like everyone else is crazy to not believe
>what you believe.

I did that in my initial response, but walked back on that initial hyperbole twice now ... like so many internet posts and posters I tend to talk in extremes and absolutes. And considering the sensitivity surrounding this particular subject (OJ/the murders) I should have chosen my words better. No doubt about that.

The problem now is that rather than moving on and progressing the conversation forward even *after* I acknowledged my mistake, instead everything I say is being unfairly mischaracterized and I'm being unfairly labeled as something I'm not. So rather than continue a futile discussion with a couple folks who already (think they) have me pegged, I have lost interest because it would be an exercise in spinning wheels and I don't care to take part in that brand of senseless babble.

I'm more than happy to continue discussing anything with you or anyone else, as we have mostly had cordial discussions around here. But at this point I have no interest in engaging the few folks who wouldn't let me speak.