Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectVegetarian/Vegan diets can be good...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13174261&mesg_id=13175129
13175129, Vegetarian/Vegan diets can be good...
Posted by rorschach, Wed Jul-19-17 12:42 AM
but the first thing with them is that people can't go into them with the idea that they can 'replace' meat and dairy. You don't have to buy into that hype in order to enjoy a vegetarian/vegan diet.

One thing I will say is that your enjoyment level will probably be directly linked to your willingness/ability to cook. If you try to take the easy way, you'll only end up with tragic vegetable dishes.

I had to try different recipes until I found stuff that worked for me. I like curry so roasted cauliflower curry is a go to for me (Indian and African cuisines go over pretty well without meat). I still mostly suck at cooking tofu so I don't mess with it often. Tempeh on the other hand, is awesome when grilling. Veggie burgers are straight....if you make your own patties (the patties in the store are only okay).

As far as the propaganda goes, I just avoid it. I'm not a vegan yet because cheese...but I can do vegetables as long as I'm not stuck with salad every night.
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------