Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti can see what you mean.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13174235&mesg_id=13174501
13174501, i can see what you mean.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 04:25 PM
i wouldn't date this person b/c i don't prize monogamy. i'm not into the idea of us owning each other's bodies and keeping them exclusively for each other. i'm also an atheist.

i make several assumptions about a person who would want to be celibate until we marry. and none of them are good. i'm assuming this person doesn't share my ideas about sexuality and what we do w/our bodies. if this person wants to be celibate but doesn't expect me to be celibate that's fine. and i wouldn't even necessarily be out there banging other dudes - i'm just not going to enter any agreement that i won't bang other dudes until we marry. b/c...for what? i don't prize it. i don't get it. if they can explain it to me in a way that assures me we're compatible then fine. it's their body they can do what they want w/it. as long as they accept that from me too. b/c i don't want to own their body any more than i'm giving them ownership of mine.

oh...and i also assume this person is a Xtian of some sort. and that means we're probably not 'equally yoked'. i don't see it going well. i can date a guy who goes to church and i'm familiar w/that whole thing but...they gotta understand and be cool w/my atheism. i'm not about to sit and be witnessed to in my own house. and if they can deal w/that then okay. i doubt they can deal though.