Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOk, here is what I told someone recently(yesterday)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13174235&mesg_id=13174360
13174360, Ok, here is what I told someone recently(yesterday)
Posted by BabyYoda, Mon Jul-17-17 01:50 PM
I was asked by someone on a dating site this question while chatting with her on the phone for the first time.

I told her that I PREFER to be intimate with my partner because I want a balanced relationship.

However..

I said that I MAY be willing to get involved with someone who wants to wait until marriage IF certain conditions are met. The conditions include a LIMITED amount of physical contact, marriage must be done within a finite time period, all parties involved must be committed and said person will have to live with me because I am unwilling to move due to home ownership.

I basically said that there has to be a CBA when it comes to this type of arrangement. I also said that the woman who wishes to type of arrangement can't have everything go her way. If I have to sacrifice, then she will have to make sacrifices as well.

Ther are other obstacles that would make this type of arrangement challenging, but since I was asked the question, I gave my answers.

Her responses was actually positive meaning that she would be willing to agree to the conditions I set forth.

Lastly, the likelihood of this type of relationship working is rather slim, to be honest. Also, I learned that people can change their minds at any moment, so a person can ask the question just to see how you will react. Basically, testing you.

So, I am not tripping and I know that agreements get breached all the time.

In all, the jury is still out on it for me. Interesting question and glad she posed the question.