Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti hope they both lose. (link/swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13174137
13174137, i hope they both lose. (link/swipe)
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 11:39 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/when-floyd-mayweather-shouts-faggot-this-is-what-lgbt-people-hear

WORD POWER
When Floyd Mayweather Shouts ‘Faggot,’ This Is What LGBT People Hear
Boxer Floyd Mayweather just called upcoming opponent Conor McGregor ‘faggot.’ This, alongside racism, has taken the men’s pre-bout baiting to a dark place far beyond trash talk.

Tim Teeman
07.14.17 8:30 PM ET

“Faggot.”

Floyd Mayweather shouted it at Conor McGregor today, Friday, in London.

To give his ugly litany proper context: “Punk. You faggot. You ho.”

There it is. Loud. Like a bullet. A knife. Threatening.

I’m ready for the “It’s only pre-match hype.” “It’s all pantomime.” “This happens in every big boxing match.” “None of them mean it.” “This is just boxers trash talking.”

Don’t bother. We can all hear how Mayweather says, and means, “faggot.” He means “faggot” when faggot means “gay,” when “gay” means “less of a man than me” who should be scared of me when I shout “faggot” at him, and know his lower, disgusting place. The ultimate, de-masculinizing insult.

That kind of “faggot.”

I suppose it counts as irony that this insult was flung as part of the whacked-out circus of two apparently straight men touring the world in ridiculous outfits, screaming at each other demented insults to promote a boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas to make them lots of money.

As Robert Silverman wrote in The Daily Beast: “Why did all the parties involved agree to go ahead with what’s sure to be a grim, flabby spectacle? The answer is simple and, well, not that simple: money.”

Mayweather said “faggot” just the way gay men, and men assumed to be gay, have heard “faggot” shouted, said, whispered, spat at them for centuries.

Maybe it’s good to hear it again, just so everyone can hear its ugliness, remember its ugliness, and remember what that ugliness stands for.

Mayweather’s ease at saying it on a world stage, in front of hundreds of cameras and now viewed by thousands, however, brings its own sanction, especially in this era when LGBTQ people are coming under greater attack.

Attacks in law, and attacks viewed by millions as part of a boxing promotion, do two things. They bring out lots of people who say how bad it is to say this kind of stuff which is all very nice, but they also make the saying and doing of bad things, like shouting “faggot” at people, and thinking that is OK, that much more standard.

You might call it the genie-out-of-the-bottle principle.

If this all sounds a little dramatic, and you’ve never been called a “faggot,” here’s a primer.

You never know when it’s coming. You might be at school. You might be in a restroom. You might be going to lunch. You might be leaving a bar or club. You may be with friends. You may be on a bus or train. At night. During the day. But every time it scythes the air. And you think: Really? Now? You may not be out as gay, you may be coming out. You may not even be gay.

But the threat is suddenly there. This isn’t “faggot” as gays reclaimed it, this is “faggot” as the bigots with their fists, guns, weapons, and whatever else they have to injure and degrade gay people intend it to be heard. As an attack on you as a man, their idea of what a man is, which isn’t gay.

And, ironically as Mayweather said this as a prelude to beating another man up, it often comes with the threat of a fist or worse. “Faggot” can be the last thing you hear before you are injured or worse.

Anti-gay bullying at school, anti-gay violence on the street, homophobic murders, homophobic laws, the idea of gay men as lesser men: They all have “faggot” like a maggot at their center.

Hell, the word can even be carved into both your arms—“Die Fag” to be precise—by your attackers. Perhaps Mayweather thinks that sounds pretty cool.

Mayweather’s “faggot” also emerged as part of a bizarrely, overly executed parade of anger and aggression between the two men.

All week Mayweather and McGregor have been involved in a spectacularly debasing scramble to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to pre-bout baiting, with homophobia and racism being flung as carelessly as mud on a rainy day.

For minorities who fear that both those ugly phenomena are now returning to the public and political arena in ever more alarming ways, here were two grown men willing to prove it in the name of publicity, and to line their wallets.

One hopes the hatred they spout, and encourage among the public, is worth it.

In the American arm of this pair’s publicity tour, McGregor had described the black boxers in Apollo Creed’s gym in Rocky III as “dancing monkeys.”

Mayweather responded: “I don’t like the fact that he called blacks ‘monkeys.’ I think that’s totally disrespectful. Saying a lot of racist things today to black women, I have two black daughters and a black mother… He’s crossing the line, I can’t focus on that right now. I’m here to do a job and my job is to go out there and entertain but he’s out there losing a lot of fans.”

McGregor then defended himself, “Let’s address the race,” he said. “A lot of media seem to be saying I’m against black people. That’s absolutely fucking ridiculous. Do they not know I’m half-black? Yeah. I’m half-black from the belly button down.”

Way to go. Counter a racism charge with something even more racist.

Can’t they just punch the living hell out of each other, pick up their insanely large paychecks, and be done with it?

McGregor then tried to save face at a subsequent interview. “That doesn’t really sit well with me,” he said of the charge of racism. “I’m very multi-cultured, and I don’t have any ill-feelings towards anybody. I don’t even see color. I just wanted to say something and have a little bit of fun with it. I just wanted to play with it and address it in my own little way. It’s stupid and ridiculous. Basically that’s what I was getting at.”

Will Mayweather offer any kind of apology or mea culpa for “faggot”? Doubtful. His father, Floyd Mayweather Sr. loves the word “faggot.” He once called Manny Pacquiao “one of the biggest faggots on the planet.”

Amir Khan, he told an interviewer, was a “fag ass and sissy,” who didn’t deserve to benefit from a payday following a fight with his son because “he’s a fag.”

Pacquiao himself, not to be outdone by Mayweather Sr., called gay people “worse than animals.” He is now a senator in the Philippines.

Mayweather Jr.’s words today sound ugly because in 2017, “faggot”—said with the despicable venom Mayweather said it with—we thought was as verboten on our TV screens as the N-word rightly is. Apparently not.

Mainstream boxing has a long and inglorious relationship with not just the F-word but homosexuality in general.

The world welter- and middleweight champion Emile Griffith accidentally killed an opponent, Benny Paret, in 1962 during a bout—this after Paret had incensed him at the weigh-in by calling him a “maricón,” Spanish slang for “faggot.”

Lennox Lewis denied he was gay, despite rumors to the contrary, claiming he was a “woman’s man” in a TV confrontation with Hasim Rahman in 2001.

In 2015, heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury’s homophobia came accompanied by Bible verses, and instructions to “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.”

One of the most astonishing tirades—for its mixing of violence, race, sex, power, homophobia, and lyrical poetry—was Mike Tyson’s against a reporter, who in 2002 said Tyson should be in a straitjacket.

“I’ll put your mother in a straitjacket, you punk-ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, and I’ll fuck you in your ass, you punk white boy, you faggot... I’ll eat your asshole alive, you bitch... You scared, coward, you’re not man enough to fuck with me, you can’t last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you, scared now, you ho. Scared like a little white pussy, scared of the real man. I’ll fuck you till you love me, faggot.”

There is, you might say, quite a lot going on there—and all of the toxic masculinity that boxing freely encourages is wrapped up in it.

Tyson, like Mayweather Jr., has a history of domestic violence. In boxing, it seems, masculinity—of the most hyper-aggressive kind—must be averred at all times out of the ring as well as in it.

And yet boxing has its own strange camp to it. It is not enough for Mayweather and McGregor to snarl at each other in tight briefs at a weigh-in, their groin bulges nearly touching, flexing, and posing.

The only thing to do in such an overtly homoerotic situation to assert your rampant heterosexuality is to scream that the other guy’s a faggot. Or hit him. Or turn away and flex.

Or what? You might just do the most natural thing in the surreal circumstance and kiss him, or grab a handful. Or enquire how he got his amazing delts.

Instead, Mayweather and McGregor, these big, butch men, must be mean to each other for months in confected theatrical situations before actually hitting one another. Even the most dedicated Mean Girl would not have the energy for this.

Within this demented arena of aggression and dollars, Mayweather and McGregor have shown themselves this week to be the worst kind of men, the most pathetic, the least manly, the least admirable, and the worst possible examples to young people.

For all their muscles and menace, their insults based on skin color and sexuality show us how weak they are.

Well, if it pays their bills and makes them feel badass—fine. But they should know that they are weaker than any gay man or black person they have invoked and insulted.

We have had real fists and real insults thrown and jabbed in our faces, and we know that while racists and homophobes are vile and sometimes terrifying they are also less than nothing. We know their weakness as soon as we hear them say “faggot.”

There is also the example of Orlando Cruz, the first professional boxer to come out as gay in 2012, who told Der Spiegel of what he would he would say to an opponent who called him the F-word: “What? You call me a faggot? Okay, if you like. But you’d better watch out, because I’m the faggot who’s going to kick your ass.”

You might argue that answering violence with violence is never the answer—though you might also argue that the moronic homophobes in boxing, so long left to spew their prejudice with impunity, really have it coming.
13174148, Yeah, they both suck
Posted by BigReg, Mon Jul-17-17 11:42 AM
Even in the BEST case scenario where they are just playing up racism and homophobia to hype up interest, still makes them come off as even more assholes since they are willing to spread such hate for a check when they are already rich.

Fuck em both.
13174158, Now I get why they're fighting
Posted by handle, Mon Jul-17-17 11:45 AM
it seemed silly when it was just two millionaires choosing to box.

Turns out - they are both loathsome!
13174188, agreed.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 12:03 PM

Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jul-17-17 01:54 PM
he's finally found the loudmouthed asshole white guy to help him hype up a big fight and make all the money.

everything is going as arranged.

it doesn't make either one of them less of a piece of shit, but it's the whole plan.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13174262, Someone in 2017 really wrote a thinkpiece on how much
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 01:04 PM
of an asshole/homophobe Floyd is? He's the same asshole he's been since 2007.
Must be a slow news week.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net
13174265, U didn't see the video.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 01:06 PM
It's cool. U're not the only dummy out there.
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 03:50 PM
men faggot, bitch, nigga, homo etc. This isn't anything new at all from him. He did it on HBO 24/7 for a decade.

He's called his father this one camera at least twice.

You'll be okay though.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

13174466, oh i'm fine.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:52 PM
i hope they both lose.

i know one of these vile ppl is gonna win millions more dollars than the other one. and plenty fools will cheer the bullshit. as if they get a cut of those millions as opposed to having just given up a cut of the millions to watch the nonsense on pay per view.

i get it.

in the end they will both lose - thanks to parkinson's and debt collectors. we see how that shit ends. fuck 'em both. they're trash.
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 04:04 PM
the fact that this "fight" is even a thing is a loss for earth.

13174493, so it seems.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 04:09 PM

Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Jul-19-17 11:12 AM
13174275, the journalist seems to expect a lot from brutes
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 01:12 PM
he has numerous examples of how the sport's culture is full of cavemen, yet he expects better?

the article isnt exactly breaking new ground, go to any NFL game in a major metropolitan city, you're probably going to have drunken fans fistfighting and using slurs

we were raised on Dan Conner and Al Bundy taking it to fisticuffs whenever. not that Floyd's behavior should get a pass, but he's a small part of a greater problem
13174450, like the homophobe all you want.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:40 PM
but do better when you lie to yourself in public. you look silly.
13174475, umm...I dont *like* or dislike Mayweather
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 03:57 PM
I watch him fight, but I find his behavior obnoxious. I cant say that Im personally offended, but Im not defending him using slurs. Just saying the writer made Floyd the focus while also noting Tyson was guilty and other cases

it is a big deal that should be spoken about, but it's kind of poor from a journalistic standpoint to scapegoat Floyd if that makes any sense
13174478, *yawns*
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:58 PM
*farts*
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 01:17 PM
13174451, it's all words words words until i talk about your family again.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:41 PM
let's not start, ho.
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 03:55 PM
and it's also an example of how unstable and unimaginative when it comes to this message board thing you are trying to do.

13174476, *yawns*
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:57 PM
fuck everything about you, fool.

i have nothing but vitriol for you. you can come get some whenever you want. every time you attempt to communicate w/me this is all i have for you. in varying degrees.

it's here whenever you want. if you don't want it i won't chase you. but there's nothing else for us to 'discuss'. i don't want to discuss SHIT w/you. fuck you. this is all i have for you. fuck you.
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Mon Jul-17-17 04:24 PM
More entertaining than that Floyd McGregor shit
13174527, he's no different than these fighters
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 05:26 PM
Well.. he's a little different but his tough talk is on some Rocky III steez
13174530, ^^ trash.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 05:34 PM

Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 01:17 PM
13174374, boxer says offensive shit. shocker
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-17-17 02:05 PM
13174382, LOL The GAys are up in arms about a boxer saying Faggot.
Posted by Crisco, Mon Jul-17-17 02:08 PM
Do yall even watch boxing.
It's testoserone on 1000.

Cmon Man.
13174418, We live in an outrage era
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 02:52 PM
Folks watching WWE and screaming sexist when re woman with big tits strolls into the ring.
13174436, RE: LOL The Blacks are mad about an athlete from Boston saying nigger
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 03:18 PM
just showing you how you sound
13174481, It's Boston... no one would be shocked
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 03:59 PM
that's like being upset when you see rebel flags down south.
13174485, who said anything about shock?
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 04:02 PM
A black man said "LOL who cares" about a gay slur and I attempted to show him how it could feel if a slur pertained to him
13174623, Your attempt failed.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-18-17 05:42 AM
13174439, Y'all niggas would be flipping out if Connor said nigger tho
Posted by BigReg, Mon Jul-17-17 03:25 PM
which he basically did was talking like he's a slavemaster a few fights back.

Y'all niggas cool with this WWE is why boxing in 2017 is basically a shittier version of the WWE. We went from the 'sweet science' to drunk niggas at 3:00am mad they ain't pussy arguing with each other across the bar.
13174462, He already called him boy
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 03:50 PM
We didn't give a shit because it's 2 big mouthed fighters trying to sell a terrible fight
13174453, so it's not cool when MacGregor says 'dance for me, boy'.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:43 PM
but Mayweather screaming 'faggot' is fine.

duly noted.

your tomfoolery has been noted for a while now though.

for the record: fuck both of 'em. i'm not giving any of this bullshit a dime of my money nor more than whatever time i've spent reading this article and the ones i read about MacGregor previously.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-17-17 03:46 PM
if we cant have offensive energy in boxing/MMA anymore then just cancel it.

tyson outchea telling people he gonna eat their kid. or calling fans faggots and that he's gonna fuck them in the ass until they love him. and these are revered and lionized as memorable moments in boxing history

but were supposed to be mad floyd called conor a faggot or mcgregor telling him dance for me boy. not me. bring on 8/26
13174461, ^ own that ugliness.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 03:49 PM
see? that's how it's done.

be all the way stupid w/the shit. and then be fine w/it. and then go on and give up your money for the payperview. pay these racebaiting homophobic assholes to entertain you. be entertained by racism and homophobia and be public w/it. be that vile. and don't give a shit about it.

but don't lie to us or to yourself.

Brooklyn is young and dumb all the time. expect nothing better from him. he's a walking gland. just a foul person. all the time. nothing better.

Mayweather's problem is he tries to play both sides of the street. MacGregor too. they should both just be walking Neanderthals. just dumb and dumber. like Brooklyn. all the time.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-17-17 03:58 PM
i hope you make it through whatever inner turmoil you got going on rn cause you wilding lately lmao.
13174491, blah blah blah.
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 04:09 PM
*farts*
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Mon Jul-17-17 04:28 PM
If you bring this shtick everyday to the forums I'll keep coming back
13174565, the "farts" has me dying
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-17-17 08:01 PM
13174569, Y'all being really turrbl. like for real
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-17-17 08:09 PM
just own that you don't give a fuck about this show of hyper masculine energy, that in 2017, still relies on race-baiting and homophobia.

It's grandiose and ugly as fuck, yet "we" love it, 'cause we are fucked up. Both these dudes are trash, and the culture of men and our spectacles is trash too, and teaches our youngins (men of all races) the wackest of shit.

we should go beyond thinking this shit normal. aint nothing wrong with trained fighting, people getting in a ring and expressing who is better, but their def is a whole lot of wrong with how Connor and Floyd, and hella other MMA and Boxers conduct themselves to sell tickets.
13175178, ^^^
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Jul-19-17 08:51 AM
all this.
Sometimes posters are so disappointing.
13175275, ppl still say "the gays"?
Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Jul-19-17 11:16 AM
lol
13175412, lol, right... I had to check what year it was
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Jul-19-17 01:20 PM
13174484, Anything for a Headline
Posted by Case_One, Mon Jul-17-17 04:01 PM

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Plato
13174522, They are both pieces of shit, fuck 'em and anyone paying for this crap
Posted by B9, Mon Jul-17-17 05:09 PM
13174528, ^^^
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jul-17-17 05:28 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13174531, hello
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 05:35 PM
Hundreds of millions of dollars for this garbage.
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Jul-17-17 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7KPoS0HGs

Otherwise, fuck them both.
13174538, Lol!
Posted by HotThyng76, Mon Jul-17-17 06:00 PM
They should totally fuck instead. I'm disappointed they're choosing to fight. Without all of the manufactured ugliness (even though fake the fact that they're using it is gross and a choice they've made bc they could do all of this without it) they're both kinda hot. I'd rather they lubed up and did the damn thing. In a flip flop. Why bloody each other's faces? They could blow loads on them instead (internals are better though - cream pies ftw!!).
Posted by Atillah Moor, Mon Jul-17-17 08:45 PM
13174580, Ohmuhgawd!.... That's the last straw!
Posted by SeV, Mon Jul-17-17 09:11 PM
*burns bedazzled TmT hat*

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!
13174662, My personal favorite reply in this post
Posted by GOMEZ, Tue Jul-18-17 08:22 AM
13175186, LOL
Posted by Somnus, Wed Jul-19-17 09:06 AM
13174643, Don't listen to some of Tyson's old press conferences lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jul-18-17 07:16 AM
13174645, lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-18-17 07:21 AM
I'll eat your kids!!!

Can you imagine all the think pieces over Tysons words? Ughh...

13174660, "I'll eat your kids" was mild compared to this lol:
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jul-18-17 08:19 AM
>I'll eat your kids!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx66LWV-CCk
13174663, Whew
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-18-17 08:31 AM
13175426, Shit that killed me was
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Jul-19-17 01:56 PM
Mike called dude a f****t

but then told dude he was gonna eat his ass out.

lmao

That's it Mike, show him you not fuckin around by offering to eat his ass.

That nigga must have been in the zone to make such a threat and not care about how it sounds.
13175510, you know? LOL
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 04:06 PM
i LOL'd.
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-19-17 04:53 PM
he could literally say anything and nobody was going to call him out on it.

Ali said some wild shit back in his day too, this type of stuff is as old as boxing.

Its just now with social media you have people that don't normally pay attention to boxing hearing stuff like this for the first time and wanna clutch their pearls lol.
13175566, what?
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PmV_vsYgPI

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-09-30/sports/sp-3141_1_mike-tyson

stop.
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 07:50 AM
http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/20069390/are-going-go-validating-degenerative-mayweather-mcgregor-trash-talk?ex_cid=2015_bnnr_ESPNWTDFY15_OutbrainM_aqsn

Yes. Yes you are. Bc you're trash ppl.
13175152, Im confused at how everyone's saying 'its just boxing
Posted by BigReg, Wed Jul-19-17 08:13 AM
Tyson admitted he was in a bad place and wrong when he did it.
Ali said he was messed up for having done it.

If you're a fan of the two sports you want to see -=SPORTS=-. Like these niggas ain't even trash talking RIGHT; id rather watch Monday Night Wresting if grown dudes trash talking like 12 year old's turn me on.

Its weird how we letting these slurs and stereotypes slide but if it was in another form of entertainment we would be in a tissy,

>http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/20069390/are-going-go-validating-degenerative-mayweather-mcgregor-trash-talk?ex_cid=2015_bnnr_ESPNWTDFY15_OutbrainM_aqsn
>
>Yes. Yes you are. Bc you're trash ppl.
13175154, Agreed.
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 08:18 AM
Half of the 'oh well' response is good ol' misogyny dressed up as homophobia wrapped up in resentment over marginalized ppl having a voice and calling folks out on their bullshit. The same wave that drives MAGA. The same fuel that drives complaints about 'pc' culture. And 25% of the pushback in here is bc *i* posted it. There's a a whole clique in here that follows me around dissing anything I post. They know who they are. They finna make it clear. They can't resist.
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Jul-19-17 08:21 AM
At least they put some thought into it.

When it comes to these two dudes what do people expect? They're both fucking idiots. Talented at what they do, I'll give them that, but they're both pieces of shit with a lot of money.

Honestly not even excited for this fight because its just a cash grab. Conner knows exactly what he's doing, Floyd knows he's getting top dollar for it, and the fans are eating it up.

Conner just lost a few fights ago to Nate Diaz when he got his ass choked out https://youtu.be/CIUyBab3OY8?t=3m26s. He's gonna fight a nigga that's 49-0 and not even in his sport?
13175171, Yup! Im not opposed to some good trash talking
Posted by BigReg, Wed Jul-19-17 08:42 AM
Shit, without masterful trash talking the Rock wouldn't be where he is today.

But the whole 'Fuck you boy!' 'Fuck you fag!' Ugh.

They are both cartoons filled with shit you can clown on, but that's where we are going with it?

And co-sign on the rest below:

>
>Honestly not even excited for this fight because its just a
>cash grab. Conner knows exactly what he's doing, Floyd knows
>he's getting top dollar for it, and the fans are eating it
>up.
>
>Conner just lost a few fights ago to Nate Diaz when he got his
>ass choked out https://youtu.be/CIUyBab3OY8?t=3m26s. He's
>gonna fight a nigga that's 49-0 and not even in his sport?
13175165, This will be one of the biggest fights of all time
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Wed Jul-19-17 08:29 AM
They could hold silent press conferences and still get the PPV Buyrate record. I'm not even sure why they're engaging in the type of banter that they are. Pointless, racist, homophobic, unnecessary.
13175168, That was the working title before it was called Birth Of A Nation
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Jul-19-17 08:32 AM
>Pointless, racist,
>homophobic, unnecessary.
13175166, but it is, we're talking about dudes that get hit in the head for a living...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-19-17 08:32 AM
half of them didn't even graduate high school, yet you expect some type of intelligent discourse from them?
13175172, Absolutely. They are touring this trash talk across multiple cities
Posted by BigReg, Wed Jul-19-17 08:45 AM
Its not as if it's a heated moment in a press conference, THE TRASH TALK IS THE GOAL. Literally listed as the press tour, lol

>half of them didn't even graduate high school, yet you expect
>some type of intelligent discourse from them?

Not gonna be like everyone in boxing/mma is classy, but there's a reason most of em just STFU and fight. If they want to make the trash talk a big part of the promotion of the fight we gonna talk and critique em on it.
13175184, Yeah, this whole tour looks rushed and clumsy
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jul-19-17 09:03 AM
but it's still selling out arenas because they are great at mad making.

I still think these articles are terrible. These folks are trying to cash in on the hype of this fight just like everyone else.
13175182, Mofos mad cause barbarians are acting like Barbarians
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jul-19-17 08:59 AM
You see how that crowd did Doug E Fresh in Brooklyn? Now that was the real travesty.

WWE got that good trash talk because those dudes are actors.

These guys aren't good at it but they are great at making folks mad. If you don't like then don't watch it but please don't go to the strip club on some "ewww they naked"
13175279, Exactly lol...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-19-17 11:22 AM
>If you don't like then don't watch it but please
>don't go to the strip club on some "ewww they naked"
13175199, McGregor is bad enough
Posted by Lurkmode, Wed Jul-19-17 09:29 AM
but Mayweather going along with it and joining in is worse.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-conor-mcgregor-racism-criticism-20170714-story.html
13175277, what do you mean going along with it?
Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Jul-19-17 11:21 AM
pretty sure thats just floyd and conor...garbage people
13175418, Floyd tried to pretend like he had a problem
Posted by Lurkmode, Wed Jul-19-17 01:30 PM
with the racism for a min.
13175200, Trash ppl excuse it.
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 09:31 AM
Like I said.

lol
Posted by abby, Wed Jul-19-17 02:00 PM
factions
13175513, i suppose they're focused on the race-baiting and excuse
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 04:08 PM
the homophobia.

i'm just talking about the ones in here.

or maybe they *shrug* at all of it.

it's easier to float through the world not caring about shit that matters. it's why i sniff glue on weekends.
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Wed Jul-19-17 10:08 AM
to turn the corner in the more violent realms of sport

fact is most of these dudes aint hardly rhodes scholars lol

pains me to see a black man w/such a massive platform peddling hate speech
13175231, They both got smrt ppl around them.
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 10:23 AM
Both got PR ppl. Agents. Managers. Both know what to say and not say to avoid hurting their paper. They both made a choice here bc they know their audience won't mind this bullshit. They're right - look at the apologists in here. It's disgusting.
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Jul-19-17 10:44 AM
dude is a champ on the mats in two grappling sports and started an org called Athlete Ally

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete_Ally

one of the nicest dudes in my gym, and will whoop that ass in grappling
13175509, I'm noticing a ton of overlap with flat earthers
Posted by B9, Wed Jul-19-17 04:05 PM
and people that are legit "excited" for this horseshit.

13175512, both of them get punched in the head for a living
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Jul-19-17 04:08 PM
you want them to kick knowledge? lol
13175514, i wish they could be as smart as you.
Posted by HotThyng76, Wed Jul-19-17 04:08 PM
if only.