Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't know man...I'll take your word for it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13174098&mesg_id=13176694
13176694, I don't know man...I'll take your word for it
Posted by Jon, Sun Jul-23-17 07:44 AM
Your previous replies read like you're trying to battle me or something, and like you're suggesting and inferring all kinds of lack of concern from my part or that I'm acting like white ppl have it worse, and it sounded like you were trying to lump me in with racists who don't care when this happens to black people.

Text tone can be deceptive, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

>"it would be faulty to assume its going to be treated as a
>bigger deal when a white person gets killed."
>PimpTrick didn't say ANY of that, so he's either
>proxy for someone else, your misread what he typed,
>your point was a diversion, or some combination of the 3.
>That's not me sparring... that's just logical.
:
I never said PimpTrick said that. I'm just saying, for anyone who might think it would become a bigger deal when a white person gets killed, I don't see that happening.

Now I have been somewhat unplugged from mainstream news for the last several days, so if you say it's becoming a big story, ok...but my guess would be it has a lot more to do with the fact that the killer was a Muslim, and wedge pimps like Michelle Bachman and company are trying to depict this as a semiracial holywar.

If the killer was a black cop, I could see heightened coverage as well. It's juicy and they can play up the whole racial tension angle and ride that story til the wheels fall off.

But in most cases, where the brutalizing or murderous cops are white, we aren't going to see anything about it on mainstream news, even if the victim is white, especially if they're white, which because then there's no sexy hot button TV ratings boom like race, and instead all the focus would be squarely on cops and issues with law enforcement, which they feel wouldn't gain as much ratings as Kim Kardashian's latest shopping fiasco in the wake of Donald Trump's hair malfunction.