Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCAN YOU BELIEVE THIS MAN WAS AN ATTRACTION AT A NY ZOO???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13173901
13173901, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS MAN WAS AN ATTRACTION AT A NY ZOO???
Posted by Brownsugar, Sun Jul-16-17 04:13 PM
HOT DAMN!!! Just you think that you have heard it all, I mean you thought that you have heard the worst of the worst, you hear about this!!!>>> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/03/the-man-who-was-caged-in-a-zoo

My sister just called me a couple of hours ago and asked me had I heard about this 2 hours ago, and she told me about this man, Ota Benga??? She told me that this African man had been locked up as an animal attraction at a zoo in NY. I looked up "Ota Benga" online and found out that this story is really true!!!...

"The black clergymen who had been summoned to Harlem’s Mount Olivet Baptist Church for an emergency meeting on the morning of Monday 10 September 1906, arrived in a state of outrage. A day earlier, the New York Times had reported that a young African man – a so-called “pygmy” – had been put on display in the monkey house of the city’s largest zoo. Under the headline “Bushman Shares a Cage With Bronx Park Apes”, the paper reported that crowds of up to 500 people at a time had gathered around the cage to gawk at the diminutive Ota Benga – just under 5ft tall, weighing 103lb – while he preoccupied himself with a pet parrot, deftly shot his bow and arrow, or wove a mat and hammock from bundles of twine placed in the cage. Children giggled and hooted with delight while adults laughed, many uneasily, at the sight"...

https://youtu.be/TaKgDugiQh4

Yes!!! It is true that a human being is the lowest being on Gods earth!!! I don't have a lot to say about this and the more I write about it makes me feel sad and depressed. Brownsugar, (me), did not post this to make you feel as bad as I do but we all need to know as much about history as we can and I am not just speaking about Black history because there is truly people of all nationalities through human history that are and have been lower than the dirt we walk on and demanded respect as humans...???

This is just a piece of history I think we all need to know about, if you had never heard of this story before, please check out my links in this post...

♥ :* I LUV U 2!!! :* ♥
13173902, I know my whites.
Posted by abcdmetrius, Sun Jul-16-17 04:14 PM
And nothing surprises me
13173903, That's good but it's not just a White thing...
Posted by Brownsugar, Sun Jul-16-17 04:22 PM
Just look at how Black folks are killing Black folks for nothing, I'm talking young children and even babies. It's just that Black crime is always highlighted in the media and crimes and bizarre stories about Whites and other races of people are pushed up under the rug...

I really didn't even read all of the information in the links that I posted because I just haven't been able to digest the whole story about this yet...

13173986, What?
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Mon Jul-17-17 08:03 AM
How did we go from white people creating
human zoos to Black crime .... In just two posts
?????
13173992, wait, you really did the "what about Black on Black crime"
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 08:10 AM
in your own post?

13174031, RE: That's good but it's not just a White thing...
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 09:05 AM

>I really didn't even read all of the information in the links
>that I posted because I just haven't been able to digest the
>whole story about this yet...
>

Well that's just dumb.
13173998, Fuck you.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 08:22 AM
And fuck OKP mods for letting this place degenerate this much.

Scumbags like this should be IP banned.

Is this the discursive legacy the mighty Roots crew are hoping to leave behind? "I know my whites"?

Fuck.

13174029, Really? That's your takeaway. The poster's response is perfectly
Posted by stattic, Mon Jul-17-17 08:59 AM

legitimate. There are no words to describe the inhumanity
13174056, But he's apparently found the word, and its
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 09:41 AM
"White".

Can you really not do a simple thought experiment, and consider if the next time some atrocity carried out by black ppl is committed, put yourself in the shoes of someone reading the comment, "well, I know my black people, so I'm not surprised".

NOW, imagine you are a member of the tonight show band, and your website is the platform where such sentiments go unchecked and unmoderated.

To me, that sounds a lot like Steve K Bannon is on the drums of the Roots.

Except he's not...questo isn't a racist.

He just has terrible site management and moderation, and a dwindling number of users.
13174060, lol
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 09:43 AM
nm
13174162, Cry about it white boy lol. You've done more damage
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 11:46 AM
to white posters in 15 minutes than anyone else in OKP history, get over yourself.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net
13174170, Another racist moron with no argument. *yawn*
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 11:49 AM
13174172, you're offended someone said "white people are historically racist"
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 11:50 AM
meanwhile your username is derived from appreciation for a fictional black criminal, tons of irony here
13174176, RE: you're offended someone said "white people are historically racist"
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 11:52 AM
Yeah that's exactly what he said. You're not equivocating whatsoever.

And my screenname being Stringer Bell is me saying "All blacks are criminals".

You are brilliant.

13174193, what did you take "I know my whites" to mean?
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 12:05 PM
>Yeah that's exactly what he said. You're not equivocating
>whatsoever.

it's a story about historic racism. white people are historically racist, get over it or not

>And my screenname being Stringer Bell is me saying "All blacks
>are criminals".

no, your screen name celebrates a black character who didnt make a positive contribution to society. also you're a white person

13174216, I took it to be a neg. generalization about a racial group
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 12:27 PM
Of the sort that suggests, "the members of this racial group are especially inclined towards a given pathological behavior".

Pretty much the definition of racial bigotry, then.

13174225, "might solve a mystery or rewrite history" face ass
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 12:32 PM
white people have done tons of racist shit, you seem to be having trouble coming to grips
13174290, Right
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 01:21 PM
Obviously my problem with your racism stems from my failure to understand how evil all white people are.

Silly me.

13174322, WHERE DID ANYONE SAY ALL WHITE PEOPLE, FUCKBOY?
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 01:35 PM
>Obviously my problem with your racism stems from my failure
>to understand how evil all white people are.
>
>Silly me.

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A GENERALIZATION
GENERALIZATIONS ARE ROOTED IN IDEAS THAT LEAD OFF WITH "GENERALLY SPEAKING..."
GENERALLY SPEAKING, WHITE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HISTORICALLY RACIST
NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE
BUT YES WHITE PEOPLE
13174350, So this is the road to go down?
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 01:45 PM
Lay observations about supposedly characteristic pathologies of various racial groups, given credence?

Statements like, "Well, you know how those _______________ are," considered rigorous?

And the hope is that, through dissemination of these kinds of generalizations, in a white supremacist, white-majority society, greater social cohesion and equity for minorities will come about?

13174359, yes, white people have been racist throughout history
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 01:49 PM
if we're being accurate, this is the road to go down
13174368, Do you mean *more* racist than other groups?
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 02:00 PM
13174380, dont know, dont care, white people have been racist, stop typing
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 02:07 PM
13174388, Ah okay so after all, we agree.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 02:16 PM
The original reply shoulda said, "I know human nature, and nothing surprises me," and I woulda KIM.
13174397, nah, white people are racist.
Posted by atruhead, Mon Jul-17-17 02:25 PM
13174761, Whiteness is the common trait that forms the basis for an unending
Posted by stattic, Tue Jul-18-17 11:06 AM

list of atrocities, a lot of which were committed in the name of protecting the purity and supremacy of whiteness. In this context, that comment and the sentiment behind it are more than called for.
13174030, lol. Prime example
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 09:04 AM
Human being kept in a cage, which is derivative of the terrible things white people have done to non white people across all of human history. And yet you're more outraged at my four word response to "can you believe x y z" rather than the act itself. Go faux rage elsewhere.

Me and you did this dance already.

Stringer Bell
Member since Mar 15th 2004
2837 posts Sun Jan-11-15 11:06 AM

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12695053&mesg_id=12695053&listing_type=search#12695448

4. "For what it's worth"

A few thoughts that are maybe just stating the obvious on the defensive posture of discourse on "community deficiencies" that being black seems to necessitate:

>>>>>As a white man, if I think about "our issues" I'm often thinking about issues that I really don't consider specific to whites;

their universality is a given to me and I may just not have experienced them among non whites due to lack of knowledge on my part, or the current social structure not allowing them to be embodied by other races. The fact for example that there is white privilege and certain behaviors accompanying it doesn't mean that demonstrations of privilege by a similar dominant class of non whites would be radically different. They might be different in surface ways to do with culture, etc. but for a dominant class to take privileges is human nature in my view.

The same is true for an underclass. The issues of the black community aren't issues that would be intrinsic to black people in absolutely any circumstances. This is obvious unless you are a racist. You transplant people with white skin into the same circumstance you have the same outcome.

However, there are certain circumstances of the black predicament that reflect the operation of bad universal human impulses, in this case within black people, which are due to black circumstance more harmful in their outcomes. Think about the universal human trait of adolescent irresponsibility. A white adolescent person experiencing the same negative moment will have a better outcome. This is among other things what it means to be privileged.

When it comes to public discourse about our mistakes, I see the defensive posture of statements like, "don't make proper corrective prescriptions to billboard" as perfectly understandable (though possibly not optimal). If a white person laments some trait of young people in general, there is nobody to exploit this info; therefore the message if accurate is entirely constructive.

This is a really tough problem to solve; it's not easy

---------

This you?:
Why can't black would be constructive prescribers like Kendrick speak to all youth? Surely there are whites experiencing whatever deficiencies he's describing. If Kendrick said, "kids these days don't respect themselves," would this make sense? If not, it's not because of vast differences between young people. Hmm

-----------
Feel free to shed your white tears wherever you like. Mock me however makes you feel good. I'm good here. You can't goad me into feeling a like of empathy or sympathy for you or your folks. Can't bait me into a discussion.
13174048, Keep posting that.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 09:32 AM
It will eventually make me look bad to people who don't read it.

13174062, RE: Keep posting that.
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 09:48 AM
>It will eventually make me look bad to people who don't read
>it.
>
>

You think too much of yourself. I don't post that for anyone but you.
13174065, Argument by appeal to my vanity?
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 09:54 AM
You're thinking I'll get a big head that my theories accurately prefigured you, and my pride will then lead to my destruction. I get it.
13174168, I love receipts.
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 11:48 AM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

13174032, Lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 09:06 AM
13174044, ^three racists who drag this site down daily
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 09:28 AM
13174046, I got white friends
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 09:30 AM
13174047, lol.
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 09:32 AM
13174052, He really came in THIS post expecting white high fives?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 09:37 AM
13174054, I wouldn't give him that much credit
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 09:40 AM
I think he's just a half ass troll that wants to ride the "black people are the real racists" narrative to get recognized on a denny or bartek level.

I truly don't feel he's smart enough or self aware enough to want to be anything more than a poster with name recognition now that the "big names" are gone.
13174069, Oh, THIS is what gets you fed up? Foh
Posted by rdhull, Mon Jul-17-17 10:11 AM
>And fuck OKP mods for letting this place degenerate this
>much.
>
>Scumbags like this should be IP banned.
>
>Is this the discursive legacy the mighty Roots crew are hoping
>to leave behind? "I know my whites"?
>
>Fuck.
>
>
13174078, All kinds of things get me fed up.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 10:19 AM
The anti-white racism that goes on on this site and more and more openly in supposedly progressive movements, is just one of those things.

It just happens to be infecting and going unchecked on a web platform that I've been a member of for 16 years, and that used to be a far more diverse and inclusive place.

Other than the five minutes a month I spend on here interacting with the imbeciles who seem to now run this asylum, you have no clue about what other causes I'm involved in. Think whatever the fuck you want.

I knew that I would be labelled a racist for standing up to these racists. That's just the way it goes in the witch-hunting, ideological purity testing race to the bottom the left is currently engaged in. Fuck em.

"Never been afraid to holler about anything."

13174089, yeh but THIS one is what got you to say something finally? foh
Posted by rdhull, Mon Jul-17-17 10:39 AM
>The anti-white racism that goes on on this site and more and
>more openly in supposedly progressive movements, is just one
>of those things.
>
>It just happens to be infecting and going unchecked on a web
>platform that I've been a member of for 16 years, and that
>used to be a far more diverse and inclusive place.
>
>Other than the five minutes a month I spend on here
>interacting with the imbeciles who seem to now run this
>asylum, you have no clue about what other causes I'm involved
>in. Think whatever the fuck you want.
>
>I knew that I would be labelled a racist for standing up to
>these racists. That's just the way it goes in the
>witch-hunting, ideological purity testing race to the bottom
>the left is currently engaged in. Fuck em.
>
>"Never been afraid to holler about anything."
>
>
>
>
13174090, You foh.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 10:42 AM
Idiot.
13174097, Hmm... pot meet kettle
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 10:53 AM
13174144, hush Eddie Haskel
Posted by rdhull, Mon Jul-17-17 11:41 AM
>
13174196, lol.. yeah, I see you.
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 12:08 PM
13174173, Stringer died in season 3, that was the end of his chapter
Posted by Mr. ManC, Mon Jul-17-17 11:50 AM
and that's the guy you decide to name your alias after? (c)

I got nothing to say really, except the "racism" you are speaking on isn't bidirectional the way you think it is.

"white" is not a slur. It has damn near become an anointing.

To perceive context in a racist situation does NOT make the person a racist. A witness is not indicted by what is witnessed.

13174180, hopefully this dude is on his season 3
Posted by rdhull, Mon Jul-17-17 11:54 AM
>and that's the guy you decide to name your alias after? (c)
>
>I got nothing to say really, except the "racism" you are
>speaking on isn't bidirectional the way you think it is.
>
>"white" is not a slur. It has damn near become an anointing.
>
>To perceive context in a racist situation does NOT make the
>person a racist. A witness is not indicted by what is
>witnessed.
>
>
13174203, The meaning of anything is defined by the intent of the speaker
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 12:09 PM
...and the understanding of the listener. That's it.

White was being used as a slur in this thread, and more broadly on OKP in general, and I objected. I have always objected when racist generalizations are thrown around.

Thus far, nobody agrees with my objection.

That's because OKP has become a haven for this kind of anti-white generalization, and anyone who opposes it is nonsensically deemed a racist.

Today it's my turn.

13174237, You always object ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 12:47 PM
Where are your objections when the alt right troll is on the board posting about BLM, Blacks...etc ?

>
>White was being used as a slur in this thread, and more
>broadly on OKP in general, and I objected. I have always
>objected when racist generalizations are thrown around.
>
>Thus far, nobody agrees with my objection.
>
>That's because OKP has become a haven for this kind of
>anti-white generalization, and anyone who opposes it is
>nonsensically deemed a racist.
>
>Today it's my turn.
>
>
>
>
>
>
13174242, I'm not here much, can you link the offending material?
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 12:49 PM
I'll gladly condemn the generalizations you are alluding to.
13174312, LOL you posted in one of the threads
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 01:30 PM
Evergreen College thread.
13174325, Nice. Link to problematic statements therein?
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 01:35 PM
13174340, You didn't have a problem with the OP ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 01:41 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13162257&mesg_id=13162257&page=2
13174356, Bear with me.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 01:48 PM
I vaguely remember the thread, but just now I have reread (to refresh my memory) only the single, linked post (by denny):

"LM has been hijacked (if they were ever virtuous before) by an extremely amoral faction of post-modernism. This world-view of post-modernist marxism is the blindest of the blind. The best emotional indicator is the boldness in which they accept inherited cultural privilege. Cell phones....'wants'.....hair.

The narcissism of the west is quantifiable. But these kids is crazy. On cellphones."

Where is the racist generalization?
13174372, Do you agree with the OP ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 02:02 PM
Lumping all of BLM together because some kids protested at a college
13174384, I don't know enough about the subject to comment.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 02:11 PM
It's very hard to understand what forms the ideological core of mass decentralized movements like BLM. It's a bit of a Rorschach test and I'm sure my idea of what it stands for would differ from anybody else's.

Actually, I guess the question about BLM is less what it stands for (since undoubtedly there are various points of view within the movement, some contradictory), but what it accomplishes, and this too is in the eye of the beholder.

I gather that BLM is about a lot more than police brutality, for instance some chapters have charters declaring the enemy to be capitalism at large (again, I'm too ignorant on the subject to know how widespread this is within the movement).

But whether I agree with parts of denny's point or not, there's still no racist generalization that I can see in the post you linked. Is there one somewhere else in the thread?

13174409, So why no objection when he
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 02:39 PM
>It's very hard to understand what forms the ideological core
>of mass decentralized movements like BLM. It's a bit of a
>Rorschach test and I'm sure my idea of what it stands for
>would differ from anybody else's.

made a generalization about the "mass decentralized movement" BLM ?

>Actually, I guess the question about BLM is less what it
>stands for (since undoubtedly there are various points of view
>within the movement, some contradictory), but what it
>accomplishes, and this too is in the eye of the beholder.
>

You agree that it is wrong to generalize right ?

>I gather that BLM is about a lot more than police brutality,
>for instance some chapters have charters declaring the enemy
>to be capitalism at large (again, I'm too ignorant on the
>subject to know how widespread this is within the movement).
>

You never said anything to the author of that thread.

>But whether I agree with parts of denny's point or not,
>there's still no racist generalization that I can see in the
>post you linked. Is there one somewhere else in the thread?
>
>

So you only object when it's a racist generalization ?

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13162257&mesg_id=13162257&page=2#13162396

That is really good work. But what I'm seeing is that legitimate work like this is taking a backseat to issues that are sexier and issues that don't concern the majority of the black population. Like whether the police are allowed to march in a gay pride parade. Or white university professors staying home for a day of absence. Or whether we should ban the use of the word 'Phenotype'.

I think it's fair to say that BLM leadership is outta touch with common black people. Their agenda is skewed towards the experience of middle-class, privileged university students who have a post-modern Marxist worldview. This is not a common idealogy in black communities. The friction between BLM and other factions of the Ferguson protests seemed to be the first sign of this...at least that I'm aware of. I'm suggesting that this divide is growing."

Any of these paragraphs considered racist generalizations ?
13174423, BLM isn't a racial group.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 02:57 PM
Therefore Dennys characterization of it is irrelevant to this discussion

In the bottom paragraph, is it racist to generalize black interests as opposed to the nefarious in his view ends of BLM? It's definitely a racial generalization I wouldn't personally make (I don't usually speak in terms of one groups interests, and wouldn't seek to define black interests in this way), but is it racist to say a groupn is misrepresenting it's supposed constituency? Seems like a stretch,

13174426, Majority Black
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 03:06 PM
When talks about people in the group he is talking about Black people.

>Therefore Dennys characterization of it is irrelevant to this
>discussion

^^^^^^^^

>In the bottom paragraph, is it racist to generalize black
>interests as opposed to the nefarious in his view ends of BLM?
>It's definitely a racial generalization I wouldn't personally
>make (I don't usually speak in terms of one groups interests,
>and wouldn't seek to define black interests in this way), but
>is it racist to say a groupn is misrepresenting it's supposed
>constituency? Seems like a stretch,
>
>

So a white alt right troll in Canada can speak for common black people and Black communities ?

"BLM leadership is outta touch with common black people"

"This is not a common idealogy in black communities"

None of that is a racist generalization ?
13174437, RE: Majority Black
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 03:19 PM
>When talks about people in the group he is talking about
>Black people.

That would not make any sense in context, given he's saying that black people don't have the same interests as BLM. He can't be both generalizing BLM as somehow representative of black people and also unrepresentative as well. Think about it.

>
>
>^^^^^^^^
>
>>In the bottom paragraph, is it racist to generalize black
>>interests as opposed to the nefarious in his view ends of
>BLM?
>>It's definitely a racial generalization I wouldn't
>personally
>>make (I don't usually speak in terms of one groups
>interests,
>>and wouldn't seek to define black interests in this way),
>but
>>is it racist to say a groupn is misrepresenting it's
>supposed
>>constituency? Seems like a stretch,
>>
>>
>
>So a white alt right troll in Canada can speak for common
>black people and Black communities ?
>
>"BLM leadership is outta touch with common black people"
>
>"This is not a common idealogy in black communities"
>
>None of that is a racist generalization ?

It would only be racist, as I see it, to generalize in this way if one were saying that, essentially, the political movement in question would appeal to the interests of a community, if only the community were smarter/better/more morally sound. Denny is saying just the opposite--that BLM is morally bankrupt, and black people's interests aren't served by this deficient organization.

His statement can be incorrect, but it's hard to see how it could be considered racist.
13174447, Or to put it another way
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 03:35 PM
if a political movement came along that was advocating shooting all humans in the head, you wouldn't have to assert anything definitive about Jews to say the movement poorly represents their interests.

13174459, BLM is not a
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 03:48 PM
political movement advocating shooting all humans in the head
13174465, Denny thinks that it is.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 03:51 PM
He is arguing that the post-modernist, Marxist nature of BLM makes it genocidally dangerous.

I don't agree, but that it his argument.

*EDIT TO ADD* I shouldn't speak for Denny here. I think that's his argument. But even if I'm wrong about that, the simple point here is, for political movements that are deranged or fundamentally flawed, you wouldn't need to assert anything about a group to say the movement won't benefit that group. Example: Anti-capitalists aren't saying anything generalizing about Africans when they say capitalism exploits them. They are just saying, capitalism exploits humans, including Africans.
13174471, Generalizing
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 03:55 PM
BLM
13174487, Again, not a racial group.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 04:02 PM
You really don't see the distinction?

Republicans are majority white. Nobody with sense would argue that it's racist against whites to generalize about Republican political ideology. It's a political party that people actively chose based on a kinship with its written platform and traditions.

It would be racist (and stupid) though to generalize about white political ideology.

This whole exchange kicked off because a dumb guy generalized about the evil tendencies, not of a particular political faction united under a shared ideology, but of all people with white skin, full stop.

I have to depart this conversation as I'm late for something, but I think I've said my piece here anyway. Will stop back to read replies at a later time.
13174496, What demographic does a black human in their "habit" appeal to in 1905?
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 04:18 PM
13174497, Not in a vacuum
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 04:19 PM
You just said "if a political movement came along that was advocating shooting all humans in the head" I mean come on.

>You really don't see the distinction?
>
>Republicans are majority white. Nobody with sense would argue
>that it's racist against whites to generalize about Republican
>political ideology. It's a political party that people
>actively chose based on a kinship with its written platform
>and traditions.

Common black people and Black communities is not a political party.

>It would be racist (and stupid) though to generalize about
>white political ideology.
>
>This whole exchange kicked off because a dumb guy generalized
>about the evil tendencies, not of a particular political
>faction united under a shared ideology, but of all people
>with white skin, full stop.

and you still did not explain why you objections are limited to this thread when the alt right troll is constantly posting racist and stupid generalized comments about people and groups.

13174499, You failed miserably at linking to one, then.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 04:23 PM
13174505, You using the right name ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 04:31 PM
"I have to depart this conversation as I'm late for something, but I think I've said my piece here anyway. Will stop back to read replies at a later time."
13174457, Nope
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 03:46 PM
>
>That would not make any sense in context, given he's saying
>that black people don't have the same interests as BLM. He
>can't be both generalizing BLM as somehow representative of
>black people and also unrepresentative as well. Think about
>it.
>

They can if they have been hijacked.

>
>It would only be racist, as I see it, to generalize in this
>way if one were saying that, essentially, the political
>movement in question would appeal to the interests of a
>community, if only the community were smarter/better/more
>morally sound. Denny is saying just the opposite--that BLM is
>morally bankrupt, and black people's interests aren't served
>by this deficient organization.
>
>His statement can be incorrect, but it's hard to see how it
>could be considered racist.
>

He can't speak on a community that he is not a part of and he does not know anything about because he is not connected to the community. All of his theories and conclusions are based on assumptions. Given that he can't speak for common black people and he can't speak for Black communities.
13174386, I disagree, "white" is not being used as a slur.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Mon Jul-17-17 02:14 PM
"White" in this example is used as an identifier for the purposes of addressing the backdrop for which the context of a situation can exist. Again, White Supremacy allows this to be a factor. Acknowledging the qualifier does not make that make the person with the observation also "racist".
13173988, FTR I'm well aware of the "Human Zoo"
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Mon Jul-17-17 08:07 AM
Ota Benga was not a random incident.
Europeans made a pretty lucrative business of
this is in the early 20th century.
13174085, I kinda' had a feeling that this was not the only...
Posted by Brownsugar, Mon Jul-17-17 10:32 AM
time that something like this has happened in history. As I stated before, all through the years, White crime has been shaded and covered up to give you the impression that everything that they did was okay. I am not surprised at all that this has happened before; for some strange reason, I am learning about so many things in Black history that I did not know. A lot of things that should have been in the news or newspapers that should have been told but I guess it took the www. to come into play before a lot of truths have leaked out.

AtoZ...I have another significant "cover-up" from the 1980's which happened right in Harvey, IL where there was a White female veterinarian that had sex with a dog and birthed a baby with fur and claws.

I have searched the internet and I don't see it anywhere. This happened at Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey, IL. I know that this story is true, first of all because my brother's friend was working security at that hospital at the time that it happened. Back in the 1980's, they covered the trial on Channel 7 Eyewitness news. During the coverage of this story they never told all of the details as far as the fact that the baby had fur and claws until the trial was over and they made it very brief...

If anyone has any information or link about this murder trial, please post a link, thank you :-) :-) :-) !!!

13174428, Whet ??????????????????????????????????????????
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Mon Jul-17-17 03:06 PM
This whole post is a fvkin
Nick Young Meme

Im not even gonna pretend this is serious.
If you wanna troll then troll but not at the expensive
human rights atrocities that have not been brought to
justice and never will be because of the systemic racism that is
so prevalent today that it makes people like you think that
joking about this shit is fvcking funny

13174775, Lol. The comments got me feeling like I wasted a serious response
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Jul-18-17 11:34 AM
on this post.
13174786, Oh dear.
Posted by Pete Burns, Tue Jul-18-17 11:46 AM
13173991, learned about this years ago from NPR I think.. but thanks for sharing. Interesting that the g
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Jul-17-17 08:10 AM

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6225825

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13174058, *adding on* PT Barnum's personal slave Joice Heth was his first
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Jul-17-17 09:42 AM
truly successful show. His public dissection
and autopsy of her was a big event where he
charged the equivalent of about $20...
and this was in abolitionist states where the
white people were allegedly good people.
There's a book about it called "The Showman
and the Slave."
Here's a good show about it for those who
dig listening to podcasts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqCRSflNGOQ
13174092, TO ALL THE NEGATIVE POSTER'S HERE!!!
Posted by Brownsugar, Mon Jul-17-17 10:42 AM
I AM SCARED OF Y'ALL :o :o :o !!! I'm am scared that if I was in your physical presence right now, I might catch one of them bullets with a Black persons name on it!!! I am scared that I might be added on to the weekend statistics of all Black folks murdered!!! Then you want to say Black Lives Matter??? I hope that none of you negative posters are marching in that movement because you scare me right through my computer screen. Then, you wonder why I mentioned the fact that Black on Black crime is just as worse as any other???

Y'all just stop, PLEASE STOP x( x( x( !!!

13174095, Don't procreate.
Posted by abcdmetrius, Mon Jul-17-17 10:49 AM
Please. There's more than enough self hating black people.
13174096, Interesting
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 10:53 AM
13174120, This devolved quick as shit but...
Posted by Kira, Mon Jul-17-17 11:24 AM
>I AM SCARED OF Y'ALL :o :o :o !!! I'm am scared that if I
>was in your physical presence right now, I might catch one of
>them bullets with a Black persons name on it!!! I am scared
>that I might be added on to the weekend statistics of all
>Black folks murdered!!! Then you want to say Black Lives
>Matter??? I hope that none of you negative posters are
>marching in that movement because you scare me right through
>my computer screen. Then, you wonder why I mentioned the
>fact that Black on Black crime is just as worse as any
>other???

black on black DOES NOT EXIST:

Bureau of Justice Statistics report explicitly states that between 2008 and 2012, “Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).”

Reply two is kinda scary because you black, allegedly?. Immediately reporting to the "but black on black crime" is regressive because it reinforces this white supremacist myth touted by alt right members such as the Stringer Bell above. It is incredibly disheartening to read a black woman resort to such a reply. DO BETTER, BE BETTER.

This reply of yours supports this myth that we're violent vile animals. Relax no one is going to hurt you or do anything like that because of a difference of opinion. I'd guess the vast majority of us are incredibly disillusioned and read your replies as strange considering you're one of us, allegedly?
13174151, ^Exhibit M
Posted by Stringer Bell, Mon Jul-17-17 11:44 AM
"alt right members like Stringer Bell" who espouse such hateful beliefs as, "Don't make racist statements".

Your shit is all fucked up.
13174202, you sound touched
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 12:09 PM
13174234, RE: This devolved quick as shit but...
Posted by Brownsugar, Mon Jul-17-17 12:45 PM

>black on black DOES NOT EXIST:
>
x( Say what???
Where do you live???

>Bureau of Justice Statistics report explicitly states that
>between 2008 and 2012, “Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000)
>had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per
>1,000).”
>
??? 2 wrongs don't make it right...

>Reply two is kinda scary because you black, allegedly?.
>Immediately reporting to the "but black on black crime" is
>regressive because it reinforces this white supremacist myth
>touted by alt right members such as the Stringer Bell above.
>It is incredibly disheartening to read a black woman resort to
>such a reply. DO BETTER, BE BETTER.
>
***No, nope!!! It's not a myth, it's a reality and I guess you wouldn't understand until you get hit with a bullet assigned to you by your own black people???

>This reply of yours supports this myth that we're violent vile
>animals.
Uh...Yeah???

Relax no one is going to hurt you or do anything like
>that because of a difference of opinion. I'd guess the vast
>majority of us are incredibly disillusioned and read your
>replies as strange considering you're one of us, allegedly?

From the amazing replies to this post, I'm kind of thinking, "maybe I'm not one of y'allz. Death & cruelty is just what it is regardless of what race commits the crime. Until we stop killing each other for nothing we are no better than any other race, AND...You're right, I can kind of relax when I walk down the street and see a group of our Black brothers hanging out and looking for somebody to fuck with because I always walk with 2 dogs, one with happens to be a big-assed pitbull, so you are right I don't have much to worry about 'cause, niggaz are scared of dogs...I can see it in their face when they grant me sidewalk :-) :-) :-) !!!

13174238, RE: This devolved quick as shit but...
Posted by MEAT, Mon Jul-17-17 12:47 PM

>From the amazing replies to this post, I'm kind of thinking,
>"maybe I'm not one of y'allz.

We should be so lucky.
13174354, Yeah, you def aren't one of us
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 01:47 PM
You got that good self hate going on
13174417, Black on black crime is a myth in 2017.....
Posted by Kira, Mon Jul-17-17 02:50 PM
>>
>***No, nope!!! It's not a myth, it's a reality and I guess
>you wouldn't understand until you get hit with a bullet
>assigned to you by your own black people???
>
>>This reply of yours supports this myth that we're violent
>vile
>>animals.
>Uh...Yeah???
>
> Relax no one is going to hurt you or do anything like
>>that because of a difference of opinion. I'd guess the vast
>>majority of us are incredibly disillusioned and read your
>>replies as strange considering you're one of us, allegedly?
>
>"maybe I'm not one of y'allz. Death & cruelty is just what
>it is regardless of what race commits the crime. Until we
>stop killing each other for nothing we are no better than any
>other race, AND...You're right, I can kind of relax when I
>walk down the street and see a group of our Black brothers
>hanging out and looking for somebody to fuck with because I
>always walk with 2 dogs, one with happens to be a big-assed
>pitbull, so you are right I don't have much to worry about
>'cause, niggaz are scared of dogs...I can see it in their face
>when they grant me sidewalk :-) :-) :-) !!!

http://www.colorlines.com/sites/default/files/images/infographics/2012/04/crime_myths.png

^^ That destroys most of your arguments but let me continue to erase all of these false narratives our oppressors have fed you. You can't find a black on black crime stat from 2016 because they don't exist.

Your statements ignore proven data in regards to police harassment and intentional targeting of black americans by police across the country. Refer to data from Ferguson, New York's stop and frisk and other investigations around the country. Read these and stop before spouting BS about black people and crime.

Black on black crime is an alt right white supremacist myth used as a mantra parroted to dehumanize african-americans.

We need some happiness in this post to counteract your self hate.

Let me defecate on the eventual black prison myth you'll spout:
http://blackdemographics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/College-vs-Prison.jpg

As for our educational attainment:
http://blackdemographics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Degrees-Earned-by-African-Americans-2000-to-20101.jpg
13174421, Damn
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 02:53 PM

>"maybe I'm not one of y'allz. Death & cruelty is just what
>it is regardless of what race commits the crime. Until we
>stop killing each other for nothing we are no better than any
>other race, AND...You're right, I can kind of relax when I
>walk down the street and see a group of our Black brothers
>hanging out and looking for somebody to fuck with because I
>always walk with 2 dogs, one with happens to be a big-assed
>pitbull, so you are right I don't have much to worry about
>'cause, niggaz are scared of dogs...I can see it in their face
>when they grant me sidewalk :-) :-) :-) !!!
>

You really believe this ?
13174152, White people in Florida used black babies as bait...
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 11:44 AM
for hunting gators.

Not much wiki type info on it, but it's true. I saw a documentary speaking on that, and how fucked up Florida is in general (check out - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_School_for_Boys )

13174175, RE: White people in Florida used black babies as bait...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Jul-17-17 11:51 AM
>Not much wiki type info on it, but it's true. I saw a
>documentary speaking on that, and how fucked up Florida is in
>general (check out -
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_School_for_Boys )

I have a really good book on this called "Dark Days
of Horror at Dozier: Rapes, Murders, Beatings &
Slavery."

13174221, Check This Pic Out...
Posted by Brownsugar, Mon Jul-17-17 12:31 PM
...And just think, we were not allowed to drink out of white faucets back in the day :D :D :D !!! >>> http://brownsugar7341.bizhosting.com.bizhosting.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/ChocolateMilk.jpg

All humans are crazy, just face the facts!!!

13174233, You've never seen any of these pics or knew this b4?
Posted by isaaaa, Mon Jul-17-17 12:39 PM

13174240, Nope, I heard something about this earlier this year but...
Posted by Brownsugar, Mon Jul-17-17 12:49 PM
I really got to see it on Twitter during Black History month and I was very surprised because I also heard that they use to use Black women as surrogate mothers to, to carry their white babies :D :D :D !!!

"The World Is A Ghetto" :D :D :D !!!

13174400, so.. you aren't Black?
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 02:27 PM
or you even a woman?
13174414, How can a black woman carry and give birth to a white baby?
Posted by Pete Burns, Mon Jul-17-17 02:46 PM
13174655, Lmao, ole girl sounds dumb as shit.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-18-17 07:40 AM
13174229, This was commonplace in zoos and circuses
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Jul-17-17 12:36 PM
Black folks and Native folks were often held as "attractions"
Sarah Baartman, much?
13174944, ARCHIVE
Posted by Kira, Tue Jul-18-17 02:50 PM
*nominates this post for archival*
13174953, YES!!! Thanks!!!
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Jul-18-17 03:08 PM

13174952, Wtf happened in here?